NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 pm

It's a common thing. Just because they delete your nation doesn't mean they DOS you. Most people who the mods have deleted a nation from are allowed to make/use other ones. Just think of it as a stiff punishment.

Anyway, this isn't really the place for this conversation.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:16 pm

United States of Natan wrote:Ok. why exactly did they delete it? and why did they let you make a new one?

If you want to have a one-on-one conversation with another player, use Telegrams.

Leutria wrote:this isn't really the place for this conversation.

Quite correct.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:Version 2.1.1
  • Regional Founders/Delegates can set up regional recruitment in their regional controls

How we update our NS++? Is it updated automatically?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
  • Regional Founders/Delegates can set up regional recruitment in their regional controls

What browser are you using?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 am

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

What browser are you using?

Firefox.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Every browser will update automatically, usually within 24 hours.

To force an update manually On Firefox, you can go to your addons page, click the settings gear symbol in the upper right, and choose to manually update extensions.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:01 pm

you know what would be a good idea? allowing the newspapers to have ads, like for recruitment and stuff.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:you know what would be a good idea? allowing the newspapers to have ads, like for recruitment and stuff.

General suggestions go here -> http://afforess.uservoice.com/forums/21 ... ionstates-

:)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 pm

I closed my browser (firefox) when it was not responding, and when I reopened it, NS++ was not working, and currently, the add on is not disabled.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:I closed my browser (firefox) when it was not responding, and when I reopened it, NS++ was not working, and currently, the add on is not disabled.

When in doubt, reset Firefox -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=243404&start=1050#p17228182

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:06 pm

never mind. I reset NS++ (by disabling and then re-enabling it) and now it works again.
Last edited by Natanian DRNR on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 pm

I have a question, how can I get my regional news to have articles on it? I'm unclear on how to do this.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Stomalia wrote:I have a question, how can I get my regional news to have articles on it? I'm unclear on how to do this.

On your regional newspaper (which a link to should appear on your right sidebar) you should see an area labeled "Newspaper Controls" in the upper right of the page. If you have no clue what I am talking about, it looks like this -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49805/controls.png

You should be able to submit articles from there.

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Stomalia wrote:I have a question, how can I get my regional news to have articles on it? I'm unclear on how to do this.

On your regional newspaper (which a link to should appear on your right sidebar) you should see an area labeled "Newspaper Controls" in the upper right of the page. If you have no clue what I am talking about, it looks like this -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49805/controls.png

When I look, it's not there. Do I need to wait a day? I founded it earlier today.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:

When I look, it's not there. Do I need to wait a day? I founded it earlier today.

It should be immediate. You don't see it here? -> http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank? ... spaper=212

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm unsure if those has been noted, but you don't nessisarily need to make a separate android app. Android takes Firefox, and Android Firefox supports a very large amount of apps from Desktop Firefox.

NationStates views just like it does on desktop. I,m on my tablet right now. At first glance, NS++ would fit right in as-is in Android Firefox.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Stomalia wrote:

It should be immediate. You don't see it here? -> http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank? ... spaper=212

Nope. I don't see it there.

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm

how do i allow someone to post on the regional news
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Khanatah wrote:I'm unsure if those has been noted, but you don't nessisarily need to make a separate android app. Android takes Firefox, and Android Firefox supports a very large amount of apps from Desktop Firefox.

NationStates views just like it does on desktop. I,m on my tablet right now. At first glance, NS++ would fit right in as-is in Android Firefox.

That was an idea I had. Very incompatible...
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Singpu wrote:
Khanatah wrote:I'm unsure if those has been noted, but you don't nessisarily need to make a separate android app. Android takes Firefox, and Android Firefox supports a very large amount of apps from Desktop Firefox.

That was an idea I had. Very incompatible...

Incompatible? How? Why?

I have NationStates set to the Dark theme and view it fully. Why wouldn't it work as intended if everything is there? I do not use the mobile theme (it's truly an awful theme) and the normal desktop themes display perfectly on my tablet.

I'm not sure what code tweaks need to happen for it to work on Android Firefox though.

Also, Afforess, do I need to have executive powers as a delegate in order to give my region a newspaper, or do I just need to wait until the next major update to have that option made available?
Last edited by Khanatah on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Imperial Avantia wrote:how do i allow someone to post on the regional news

Go to Manage Newspaper, and add them as an editor.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Khanatah wrote:Also, Afforess, do I need to have executive powers as a delegate in order to give my region a newspaper, or do I just need to wait until the next major update to have that option made available?

You do not need executive powers. You do need to wait one full update...which is about 3 hrs away.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Khanatah wrote:Also, Afforess, do I need to have executive powers as a delegate in order to give my region a newspaper, or do I just need to wait until the next major update to have that option made available?

You do not need executive powers. You do need to wait one full update...which is about 3 hrs away.
Thank you!

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:

So, my question was if I do have to wait to post in my regional news. I made it earlier today (Nov 10).

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Stomalia wrote:So, my question was if I do have to wait to post in my regional news. I made it earlier today (Nov 10).

No, I answered your question earlier -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=269464&start=25#p17341240

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical