NATION

PASSWORD

"Large amount of data"

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Atvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

"Large amount of data"

Postby Atvania » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Whenever I try to update my main Factbook entry, it says "You have attempted to post a large amount of data. Please reduce the size of your post and try again." On a recent topic, someone said the character limit was 60,000, but my updated version will have only 42,881 characters (including spaces), so I honestly don't know what's up.

Is is because I have pictures as well or what?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Atvania on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reploid Productions
Forum Admin

Founded: Antiquity
The Ninja Mod and Evil Forum Empress

Postby Reploid Productions » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Atvania wrote:Whenever I try to update my main Factbook entry, it says "You have attempted to post a large amount of data. Please reduce the size of your post and try again." On a recent topic, someone said the character limit was 60,000, but my updated version will have only 42,881 characters (including spaces), so I honestly don't know what's up.

Thanks in advance!
The 60,000 character limit applies to forum posts- are you talking about a post in the Factbooks & National Information section of the forums, or a factbook on your nation page?
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Atvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Atvania » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:
Atvania wrote:Whenever I try to update my main Factbook entry, it says "You have attempted to post a large amount of data. Please reduce the size of your post and try again." On a recent topic, someone said the character limit was 60,000, but my updated version will have only 42,881 characters (including spaces), so I honestly don't know what's up.

Thanks in advance!
The 60,000 character limit applies to forum posts- are you talking about a post in the Factbooks & National Information section of the forums, or a factbook on your nation page?

I am talking about the Factbook on my nation page.

Reploid Productions
Forum Admin

The Ninja Mod and Evil Forum Empress

Postby Reploid Productions » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Atvania wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:The 60,000 character limit applies to forum posts- are you talking about a post in the Factbooks & National Information section of the forums, or a factbook on your nation page?

I am talking about the Factbook on my nation page.

I think the character limit on those is lower than for the forums. Lemme see if I can flag down a techie to take a look, but I think it is the character limit.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

[violet]
Site Admin

Postby [violet] » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:47 pm

There was a 50KB upload limit; I've just bumped it to 100KB.

Atvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Atvania » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:49 pm

[violet] wrote:There was a 50KB upload limit; I've just bumped it to 100KB.

Thanks!

Return to Technical