NATION

PASSWORD

"Failed security check"?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Atvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

"Failed security check"?

Postby Atvania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm

I tried updating one of my Factbook entries today, but every time I click save, it says "This request failed a security check. Please try again." so I cannot update my main General Overview entry.

I'm not sure if I'm using too many words, or there's a server problem. I will have 5161 words when I update it, and that's only about half of what will be the final entry.

Thanks in advance.

King Topid
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby King Topid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:59 pm

The usual cause of security check problems is switching nations in tabs, or even timing out while typing (which sometimes is hard to tell if auto-login is enabled.

Perhaps try getting it all ready in Word or Notepad and then transfer it to the browser to prevent any chance of timing out.

I cannot recall what the character limit on factbooks is, but I would assume it would give you a specific error telling you it was too long.
Camelot

Reploid Productions
Forum Admin

Founded: Antiquity
The Ninja Mod and Evil Forum Empress

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm

King Topid wrote:The usual cause of security check problems is switching nations in tabs, or even timing out while typing (which sometimes is hard to tell if auto-login is enabled.

Perhaps try getting it all ready in Word or Notepad and then transfer it to the browser to prevent any chance of timing out.

I cannot recall what the character limit on factbooks is, but I would assume it would give you a specific error telling you it was too long.

Something like 50,000 or 60,000 if memory serves me correctly. Gimme a sec and I can go look it up. :P

EDIT: 60,000!
Last edited by Reploid Productions on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2018! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Atvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atvania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks! It's working now.

Return to Technical