NATION

PASSWORD

Dossier

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Naivetry wrote:I currently have 173 pages of nations in my dossier; a few years ago I started using it to keep track of which nations I've recruited (one option for those who find it hard to keep track...). It's nice to be able to look through and see who's still around that I recruited and what they're doing. By this point, the majority of those have CTE'd, but not all CTE's are permanent, so I'd really prefer there not to be an auto-prune for them...

It occurs to me that I probably should go through and clean that out a bit. <_<

EDIT: Also, I was just thinking... would it be possible to add a drop-down sort menu to the dossier? That would be fantastic... so we could sort by whether they had CTE'd or not (making Dossier trimming easier to do) and WA status (delegates, members, non-members)?

EDIT2: A Dossier export feature would be incredibly useful, too (she says as she copies 173 pages by hand).

EDIT3: Or failing that, an option to display more than 15 nations on a page at a time.

I wouldn't mind a "Search" feature, or a button on a national spotlight page to remove nations from your dossier.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:34 pm

If we had a drop-down box for display options ("15 nations per page", "30 nations per page", "60 nations per page", "Show all on one page"), we could use Ctrl+F rather than a Search, which would save the server some effort.

But I'd still like a sortable list for the WA/non-WA, etc. I suppose that would be easier to implement with a database rather than a flat file, though.

Agreed on the remove nation button, though I suspect I would never use it. I like having as much data available as possible (obviously...) just in case it might come in handy.

(I've added an EDIT4 since you posted that, btw. :oops: )

EDIT: CTE'd nations removed, I'm down to 32 pages.
Last edited by Naivetry on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

OK, I bumped the limits to 2500 nations & 1000 regions, and it no longer silently drops entries, but rather tells you it's full.

Sorting: Anything that requires loading all the nations in your Dossier is essentially impractical to sort on, alas. That means anything but name.

Ananke
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ananke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:54 am

Thanks a lot [violet]. Now I can use my dossiers again. :)

Previous

Return to Technical