NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:Oh... Well, that quote was my reply to your reply, as it was not particular threads; rather, it is all threads as a whole. Notice how there is no "Ignore" button beside any of them, and the fact that there are many useless RPs I would love to ignore showing. The malfunction has unignored all pages, made it impossible to ignore them, and cluttered my forum page :(

Ok, I hate to ask the obvious question, but is that setting enabled for your nation?
Minister of the Interior, Capitalist Paradise

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Afforess wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:Oh... Well, that quote was my reply to your reply, as it was not particular threads; rather, it is all threads as a whole. Notice how there is no "Ignore" button beside any of them, and the fact that there are many useless RPs I would love to ignore showing. The malfunction has unignored all pages, made it impossible to ignore them, and cluttered my forum page :(

Ok, I hate to ask the obvious question, but is that setting enabled for your nation?

I'm having the same problem, and I know for sure its enabled. I'm running Windows 7 and the latest version of Firefox.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 am

Grenartia wrote:
Afforess wrote:Ok, I hate to ask the obvious question, but is that setting enabled for your nation?

I'm having the same problem, and I know for sure its enabled. I'm running Windows 7 and the latest version of Firefox.

Alright, I've determined Firefox is the common denominator. It does not work for me either on Firefox. I have corrected it locally, and will be pushing out a major update (which will include said fix) in the next day or two.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:33 am

Afforess wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Alright, I've determined Firefox is the common denominator. It does not work for me either on Firefox. I have corrected it locally, and will be pushing out a major update (which will include said fix) in the next day or two.

Mocha garcias.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:44 am

I'm having a bit of a glitch with the left sidebar - it suddenly cuts off part of the way through. I am experiencing this glitch on forumside, but not on gameside.

Screenshot

I'm on Windows 8, running Chrome 30.0.1599.101 m.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 am

Regnum Dominae wrote:I'm having a bit of a glitch with the left sidebar - it suddenly cuts off part of the way through. I am experiencing this glitch on forumside, but not on gameside.

Screenshot

Yep! It's my fault, and I know why...I'll include a fix for that as well in the next major patch. :)

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:51 am

Afforess wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:I'm having a bit of a glitch with the left sidebar - it suddenly cuts off part of the way through. I am experiencing this glitch on forumside, but not on gameside.

Screenshot

Yep! It's my fault, and I know why...I'll include a fix for that as well in the next major patch. :)

Thanks! :)
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:58 am

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:23 am

Regnum Dominae wrote:Just noticed this.

Hehe, someone else just sent me that too. I'll make sure that is fixed. ;)

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Still cannot post on the RMB without disabling the extension. Automatic updates is on, and I am fairly sure I have the most current version of Firefox.

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Tried to reply to you, didn't work. Got this URL. Will try restarting by browser...

http://www.nationstates.net/region=kant ... _message=1

Edit: Tried that, still not working: http://www.nationstates.net/region=kant ... _message=1

Edit2: Apparently Firefox did have an update. See if that helps.

Edit3: Nope! Any other thoughts?
Last edited by Leutria on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Office of Afforess
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Office of Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Leutria wrote:Still cannot post on the RMB without disabling the extension. Automatic updates is on, and I am fairly sure I have the most current version of Firefox.

Copying your exact settings on Firefox v25, in Kantrias, I had no issues posting the RMB. I recommend resetting firefox and re-installing the addon. Other users occasionally have Firefox break addons and require a full reset.

How to reset: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, why was the clickable [nation (short, noflag, etc.)] tag scroll menu removed?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Ainin wrote:Just out of curiosity, why was the clickable [nation (short, noflag, etc.)] tag scroll menu removed?

It was buggy (in that you could not use the same option twice). I may add separate buttons for the other options back.

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Removed the addon, closed firefox, opened firefox, installed the addon, tried to post.

Didn't work.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Leutria wrote:Removed the addon, closed firefox, opened firefox, installed the addon, tried to post.

Didn't work.

See the instructions for a proper full reset. Simply uninstalling is not the same. :(

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems
Last edited by Afforess on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:44 pm

And it works! Now I need to get my browser how I like again, but that should be a few minutes work at most :P

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Leutria wrote:And it works! Now I need to get my browser how I like again, but that should be a few minutes work at most :P

Yeah, glad it works! You're the 4th person so far who has had Firefox corrupt their addons. It sucks. :(

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Indeed, I wonder why it happens. I wonder if they are like me and leave their browsers open all the time, unless it crashes.

Either way, I might do a full reset like this before I report a potential bug to you in the future.

Mexar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mexar » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:43 am

Afforess wrote:
Leutria wrote:And it works! Now I need to get my browser how I like again, but that should be a few minutes work at most :P

Yeah, glad it works! You're the 4th person so far who has had Firefox corrupt their addons. It sucks. :(

Looks like that was my problem too. The reset seemed to fix it. Only problem is, I didn't save my puppets, so now I have to re-enter them. :(

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Due to increase permissions (access to nationstatesplusplus.net/org/com) Chrome will auto-disable the extension after updating. You need to head to chrome://extensions/ and simply "re-enable" it at the checkbox. Firefox and Safari users can ignore this, the extension will update fine.

Version 2.1.0
  • NS++ Users see a special trophy on theirs and other NS++ user pages
  • New settings option for "Auto-unsuppress RMB"
  • Fix egosearch & sidebar bugs with Firefox
  • Early work on NationStatesPlusPlus.com

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Given the issue raised here, is it safe to use the addon?

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Given the issue raised here, is it safe to use the addon?

Yes, as long as you do not give out your code on the verify_login page. If you do not give anyone that code, you are safe.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 pm

you know what you should do? you should create a program for wars. oh, and the ability for founders/WA delegates to put regional map on the region's page.
Last edited by United States of Natan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm

United States of Natan wrote:you know what you should do? you should create a program for wars. oh, and the ability for founders/WA delegates to put regional map on the region's page.

Regional map feature is planned.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical