NATION

PASSWORD

Several suggestions

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Darke Haired people
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Several suggestions

Postby Darke Haired people » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:52 am

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this as I'm a newbie, but here goes. I've got several suggestions which I think can make the game more interesting.

1) A call your own election function. I think there should be a function wereby you click on it, and you should be a able to hold an election in your own state/country. This shold be on your own nation's page. I don't know anything about internet coding and the like, but I don't think this would be impossible. I think it would work for democratic capitalist states like mine. It'd be cool and intersting if the election results effect what Laws get passed in future

2) This one would be even more difficult but how about a wee diagram of your Government? imagine a wee "box" on your nations screen and you can see two smaller boxes opposite eachother with a space in between. on the Left box there's the Government coloured in, say Red, and the Other parties in the other box on the other side who are given different colours in accordance with their election results. this would in my view make the game even more fun and exjoyable.

3) Government and opposisition vote on Laws. Now this idea would be very very tricky but basically I'd suggest that when you're given an issue to choose from you can select your own answer - this is the government's posisition on the issue. One the law is passed then there should be a wee chart showing what percentage of the opposition voted for what option/ this could mean the if there's a 50-50 split in power sharing of political parties then the law may not be passed or need to be re negoiated between parties.

4) I also think there should be a "button" were you can click on to repel laws that you've already passed or revisit laws. again the future results should be passed or re-jected depending upon the make up of your nations' Government and opposisition.

5) Allocate budgets: I know that by Passing Laws the budgets are set accordingly but surely it would be an improvement and more realistic if we were able to set our bugets and allow us to spend our cash in a more controlled way? This could eventually move this community towards more accurate and tangable trading.

6) Opinon polls/Referendums: Is it not possible to have a feature were, when the government is faced with an issue that we can rush out a servey or referendum on our population and see what our population think and thus be influenced by such results so that we can pass laws according to what our people think or totally ignore our people and upset them even more?

7) This idea, I don't expect people to take much notice of but it would be cool and fun if we could select certain ministers for certain jobs... but I don't expect this as it would be very very busy for the owner of the site to do.

It would be appriciated if the mods and fellow partipicants in this game would give me their opinions on my ideas. I'm looking for ways to increase the fun and to give us more things to do with our actual nations. This would, for me , make the Role Playing more fun and more realistic.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: Several suggestions

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 am

Bears Armed is a confederation of more than fifty separate Clans, and has a constitution that places many matters within the separate jurisdictions of those clans' own governments rather than within the jurisdiction of the national government... and the national government's members are selected by (& normally from) the clans' governments, rather than by direct election: therefore your suggestions wouldn't work for this nation.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Technical