NATION

PASSWORD

Improvement Idea

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
FreedomNation
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Improvement Idea

Postby FreedomNation » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 am

I was taking a look at my trend and sort of started brainstorming..
My idea is to add the ability to push for bills completely different than issues. If you don't like the fact that your tax rate is 20%, instead of waiting for an issue you could actually just change it!
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to be able to change my country through another source than issues.

Fotar
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:56 am

Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole point?
Founder and Lord Regent of the second Council of Narnia
One-time Delegate of Balder
Progress through Respect. Power through Honor.

TheTechnically Insane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby TheTechnically Insane » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Well if this in fact a nation sim, you don't HAVE to wait for someone to come to you to be able to do something, like in NS with issues. Especially if you're running as a dictator.
Likes: Conservatism, Capitalism, Laissez Faire, Ronald Reagon, Gun Rights, George Bush, United States Military
Political Preference: Conservative Republican
Dislikes: Liberals, Democrats, Obama, Gun Control, Illegal Immigration

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

If you want to simply write up your own nation your way, a word processor or text editor would probably suit you. If you want to roleplay those stats on this site, you can always paste that document into a Factbook Dispatch and advise your RP partners to consider that set of stats as your canon.

We're not changing the game, btw.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 am

there is always some aspect of parody of real-life politics in this game, and i must say, when i'm reading the newspaper in the morning, it often looks like my own government only reacts to certain 'issues' which seem to pop-up out of nowhere at regular intervals. It's doesn't happen that often that governments pro-actively shape their country to match their vision.

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 am

TheTechnically Insane wrote:Well if this in fact a nation sim, you don't HAVE to wait for someone to come to you to be able to do something, like in NS with issues. Especially if you're running as a dictator.

It's more a political simulator than a nation simulator.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Return to Technical