NATION

PASSWORD

Change Parliament to Government

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ishema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Change Parliament to Government

Postby Ishema » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:15 am

When you click on you Issues side tab, it says "The following issues are before the Parliament of [insert country here]. It should not say parliament, because your gevernment may be called something else, or there may be no legislative branch at all. Therefore, switching it to government makes much more sense and pretty much covers all situations.
Emperor: Daron II
High Councilor: Crown Prince Narian
Councilor of Diplomacy: Gordyn Merlor
Councilor of War: Prince Haron

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:48 am

It may be a minor adjustment affecting nothing other than a text string, but I have to agree that replacing parliament with government is actually a good idea for the reasons you provided, as well as the fact it provides consistency with the nation description page.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Good point! Fixed.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:56 pm

What? No more inventing ridiculous backstories just to make everything consistent? No?

Well. I suppose I'll find more plots to twist.

Thanks.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Danielturner
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Danielturner » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm

I must say that I am disappointed with the change. I would support Government but at the moment the change is a bit bland.

Return to Technical