NATION

PASSWORD

Remove ads!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:03 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Aglrinia wrote:I realize that the probability of getting our own flags onto merchandise is rather low; however, it would be quite neat if we could get flags from the sinkers, and the feeders on merchandise.

That would be possible if the mods set flags for those regions instead of being set at the whim of the delegates in power.

That would be bad. While the regions are game-created, the governments within them are player-created, and so are the flags that go along with the governments. Governments can change or be overthrown, and the right to institute a new flag in such cases is, I think, quite important. Game-created flags for game-created regions would be quite troublesome.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Governments can change or be overthrown, and the right to institute a new flag in such cases is, I think, quite important.

No one seemed to mind lacking that ability a year and a half ago.

As for the ad removal, I'd do it except I can't use Paypal.
Last edited by Linux and the X on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Governments can change or be overthrown, and the right to institute a new flag in such cases is, I think, quite important.

No one seemed to mind lacking that ability a year and a half ago.

They still had that ability, they just couldn't fly their chosen flag at the top of the region. No flag on the region page is quite different from a game-created flag devoid of the legitimacy bestowed by the native players players with access to regional controls being displayed on the region page.
Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:I would buy a mug...long as it does not have Max's face on it.

You wouldn't want a mug with Max's mug on it?
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 am

The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Sichuan Pepper wrote:I would buy a mug...long as it does not have Max's face on it.

You wouldn't want a mug with Max's mug on it?

Would you really want to see this dancing in your face everytime you went for a sip of coffee?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:You wouldn't want a mug with Max's mug on it?

Would you really want to see this dancing in your face everytime you went for a sip of coffee?

It would probably keep me awake better than the coffee.

It would also give me nightmares.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Everbeek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Everbeek » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Would you really want to see this dancing in your face everytime you went for a sip of coffee?

As long as it keeps you awake, nightmares wouldn't be a problem :twisted:
The Awesomeness Formerly Known As Campinia
Cromarty wrote:Antifa, the Internationale and the Red Fleet are encased in the largest glass house in existence, and they're not throwing stones, they're firing boulders from catapults.

Big Jim P wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I never say "for god's sake", I always say "for fuck's sake", for the rest I don't care much

Fucking created most of us, so fucking IS god.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

You could print it on the inside of the mug, so as you drink your coffee, more of his face is revealed!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:You could print it on the inside of the mug, so as you drink your coffee, more of his face is revealed!

I hope [violet] is paying close attention to these genius marketing ideas. Also finally got around to buying one.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Eastern Plaugelands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Plaugelands » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm

This is what ad blocker is for.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Eastern Plaugelands wrote:This is what ad blocker is for.

The idea is to support the site.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Remove ads!

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Just out of curiosity Violet (and to any of the pay-related moderators or administrators). I am from New Zealand, and it seems that the payment option only accept payment from the United States or North America by PayPal credit or debit card?

Is there a way to transfer the money by bank - for example a lot of popular games (such as Runescape and AdventureQuest World) with quite a sizeable percentage of non-American players have this 'bank transfer' option for those who do not have credit or debit card.

I will gladly donate for the game that I love - NationStates - thus I hope that the payment option will be expanded soon (if that is possible or is financially feasible).
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Yohannes wrote:Just out of curiosity Violet (and to any of the pay-related moderators or administrators). I am from New Zealand, and it seems that the payment option only accept payment from the United States or North America by PayPal credit or debit card?

Is there a way to transfer the money by bank - for example a lot of popular games (such as Runescape and AdventureQuest World) with quite a sizeable percentage of non-American players have this 'bank transfer' option for those who do not have credit or debit card.

I will gladly donate for the game that I love - NationStates - thus I hope that the payment option will be expanded soon (if that is possible or is financially feasible).

PayPal will (in theory, at least) allow you to use any Visa or MasterCard. They were specifically chosen because they accept payments from Australia; I doubt that they would not also accept NZ.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 pm

I don't have both Visa and MasterCard though... :(

Whenever I have paid as a members (I am also a 8 year veteran member of Runescape and beta member of Adventure Quest World) I have done so through Bank Transfer option, which has been quite a convenient method - either that or through the Ultimate Gamecard option.

I guess I will just try to find a friend IRL who have either a credit or debit card and make them pay on my behalf (then repay them with cash). :p

Anywho, thanks for that post Linux and the X.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Yohannes wrote:Just out of curiosity Violet (and to any of the pay-related moderators or administrators). I am from New Zealand, and it seems that the payment option only accept payment from the United States or North America by PayPal credit or debit card?

That is incorrect. When paying by Visa it provides you with a drop down list to select your country that is quite exhaustive. I myself paid as such from the UK.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Everbeek wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

As long as it keeps you awake, nightmares wouldn't be a problem :twisted:

You know that would make a great bobble head doll. I would buy that.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Belschaft wrote:That is incorrect. When paying by Visa it provides you with a drop down list to select your country that is quite exhaustive. I myself paid as such from the UK.

Okay, that is incorrect, and you are right. Sorry for that, I guess?

Now, would you be able to answer my question regarding the bank transfer option (I assume that you are a moderator, since my question was specifically a question for Violet or any of the moderators), or are you just replying with that post to simply prove that I was incorrect?

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Eastern Plaugelands wrote:This is what ad blocker is for.

The idea is to support the site.

Also ad blockers leave Regional Happenings squashed over on the left. And just think, with every click, you are downloading useless ad HTML that your ad blocker has to detect and remove! The Supporter account doesn't generate that HTML in the first place, making each page lighter and faster. You might argue that's saving something like a millisecond per page, but I say, EXACTLY.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Is there any other way you can set up additional payment methods, such as Google Wallet

I just discovered Google Wallet is a valid option for us after all, so I've added a "Buy with Google" button. Please let me know of any issues!

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Yohannes wrote:Is there a way to transfer the money by bank - for example a lot of popular games (such as Runescape and AdventureQuest World) with quite a sizeable percentage of non-American players have this 'bank transfer' option for those who do not have credit or debit card.

I had thought so, but apparently not. We're using PayPal's "Digital Goods" interface (and Google's, now), and they only take credit/debit cards, not bank transfers. I guess it makes things simpler because there's no 3-5 day delay waiting for funds to clear.

Sorry about that. We can look at expanding payment methods in the future.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Belschaft wrote:That is incorrect. When paying by Visa it provides you with a drop down list to select your country that is quite exhaustive. I myself paid as such from the UK.

Now, would you be able to answer my question regarding the bank transfer option (I assume that you are a moderator, since my question was specifically a question for Violet or any of the moderators), or are you just replying with that post to simply prove that I was incorrect?

I was simply trying to be helpful; you stated that you couldn't pay through paypal, and I was informing you that you can do so.

No need to be snarky.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Belschaft wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

I was simply trying to be helpful; you stated that you couldn't pay through paypal, and I was informing you that you can do so.

No need to be snarky.

I disliked your tone and the way you replied to my post gave me the feeling that you're trying to be condescending to me, and I terribly disliked that. And no, if you look at my posting history, I have rarely acted 'snarky' to my fellow players - roleplayers or gameplayers - in NationStates.

[violet] wrote:
Yohannes wrote:Is there a way to transfer the money by bank - for example a lot of popular games (such as Runescape and AdventureQuest World) with quite a sizeable percentage of non-American players have this 'bank transfer' option for those who do not have credit or debit card.

I had thought so, but apparently not. We're using PayPal's "Digital Goods" interface (and Google's, now), and they only take credit/debit cards, not bank transfers. I guess it makes things simpler because there's no 3-5 day delay waiting for funds to clear.

Sorry about that. We can look at expanding payment methods in the future.

Thanks for the confirmation Violet.

I was initially worried that expanding payment methods would have increase the cost (I am unfamiliar with this whole payment administration and how they work for a game) for you guys; but yeah, if that option is expanded in the future that would be lovely (if that wouldn't be a burden for guys).

Once again, thanks for the answer. :p

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 am

Yohannes wrote:I don't have both Visa and MasterCard though...

You might be able to use a pre-paid Visa card.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 am

RAWR RAWR RAWR SELLOUT YOU'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY IT WAS BETTER BEFORE RAWR RAWR RAWR.

In other news, I'm afraid I don't have three dollars to throw around. Maybe sometime.
Last edited by Alyekra on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 pm

I've noticed little "Remove ads" links dotted around NS (at the bottom of the forum and underneath the Latest Forum Topics section of the sidebar). The thing is, I've already paid to remove the ads. I don't really want to see text in their place.

Is there anyway for these prompts to be removed for users who have already paid?
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical