NATION

PASSWORD

Seeing your own Telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Raxion
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Seeing your own Telegrams

Postby Raxion » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

I have this problem where, if I send somebody a telegram, and they replied later, I forgot what I first sent. Now, that might be just my memory, but I think that there should be a function to see telegrams you already sent. That way, people can continue a conversation, especially if it's long distance and there are different time zones meaning it would take a while for one person to be up and checking telegrams .
الله أكبر

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 am

This has been suggested numerous times before, and is part of the upcoming overhaul of the TG system.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am

When will the overhall start?
They've been talking about for atleast a year!
Last edited by Kalaspia-Shimarata on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Moon Dawg
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moon Dawg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:When will the overhall start?

I'm fairly sure they're working on it, but it's anyone's guess when it will be ready.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:30 am

Moon Dawg wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:When will the overhall start?

I'm fairly sure they're working on it, but it's anyone's guess when it will be ready.

Okay
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:31 am

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:
Moon Dawg wrote:

Okay

[Violet] said a while back he'd be surprised if it wasn't this year. Though, that's now two months down the road... So soon maybe?
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 am

I'm hoping it's soon, soo, because I have notoriously bad memory for remembering what I "said". I even keep emails I've sent to others, until I get a response.

I got a friend to start playing NationStates recently, and I've already had to ask him a few times what telegram he was replying to, as I couldn't remember.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Empire of Kaurna
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Kaurna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 am

Why didn't have that in the first place?

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 am

One way to help yourself is when you get a telegram, copy what the sender said and put it in "'s and italics at the start of your message. Most of the time they will do so back.

#MakingTheBest
Empire of Kaurna wrote:Why didn't have that in the first place?
The game was not originally designed to get this big or be taken so seriously. The game wasn't originally a 'social' game where communication is vital. I don't think the original design Max Berry made was in anyway prepared for what we'd make this game do.
AKA Weed

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 am

Good question. They REALLY should have! Really

Empire of Kaurna
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Kaurna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 am

Topid wrote:One way to help yourself is when you get a telegram, copy what the sender said and put it in "'s and italics at the start of your message. Most of the time they will do so back.

#MakingTheBest
The game was not originally designed to get this big or be taken so seriously. The game wasn't originally a 'social' game where communication is vital. I don't think the original design Max Berry made was in anyway prepared for what we'd make this game do.

When it did turn into a 'social' game they should have put it on straight away.
Last edited by Empire of Kaurna on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
I HAVE THE DEFAULT FLAG BECAUSE KAURNA WAS A ABORINGINAL COUNTRY BEFORE THE ENGLISH CAME TO AUSTRALIA, IM NOT BLACK BTW.

CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE!!: http://www.youtube.com/user/OpIsForNoobs?feature=mhee

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 am

Empire of Kaurna wrote:
Topid wrote:One way to help yourself is when you get a telegram, copy what the sender said and put it in "'s and italics at the start of your message. Most of the time they will do so back.

#MakingTheBestThe game was not originally designed to get this big or be taken so seriously. The game wasn't originally a 'social' game where communication is vital. I don't think the original design Max Berry made was in anyway prepared for what we'd make this game do.

When it did turn into a 'social' game they should have put it on straight away.

You say that as if it was an easy change, it means rewriting a large part of the code by our volunteer administrators. After all, they've been working on doing this for months and months and months. It was certainly a large project for them to take on, when they could easily have left it. IMO, it is awesome they decided to do it for us.
AKA Weed

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical