NATION

PASSWORD

Federal Republic should be added in registration

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Corvane
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Federal Republic should be added in registration

Postby Corvane » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

In the list of options for titles of nations,"Federal Republic" should be included as it's a commonly used title in real life nations.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 pm

In my opinion that would be a good idea. But it is worth noting that if too many pre-titles are added on registration page then the attractiveness of custom pre-titles at the 500 million milestone may be reduced.

In this case, I would agree on this one as among the common ones.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyr Nasad
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyr Nasad » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

On the other hand, 3 months isn't really that long to wait for your own title - and if this is added, there will be many more requests

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Meh. It really is pretty common. Added.
Last edited by Pythagosaurus on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:52 pm

You bastard! Have you any idea how long I had to wait to add "Federal Republic" when I first started playing this game?? :p
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 pm

About three months?

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah, well, it seemed a lot longer, just starting out.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Pythagosaurus wrote:Meh. It really is pretty common. Added.

Your own link has three nations that actually use the pretitle "federal republic", even if there's more that are as a matter of practice.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:You bastard! Have you any idea how long I had to wait to add "Federal Republic" when I first started playing this game?? :p

You finally made a South Park reference. :)

Also, I approve of this topic.

Corvane
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:You bastard! Have you any idea how long I had to wait to add "Federal Republic" when I first started playing this game?? :p

So what? Why shouldn't the title be included in the list?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical