NATION

PASSWORD

Public Polls

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Public Polls

Postby New Ziedrich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 pm

I want to make a poll, and I know how to do it, but I don't see an option to make things public. Where is it?
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:05 am

You can make a poll any time, even after thread creation. Open the thread for editing and towards the bottom of the page, click the "Poll creation" tab. That will allow you create a poll and the instructions there are quite simple, except that in the "Run poll for" option, 0 days means a never ending poll. When done, save the post by clicking "Submit" above the poll creation tab.

I hope that will help.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:You can make a poll any time, even after thread creation. Open the thread for editing and towards the bottom of the page, click the "Poll creation" tab. That will allow you create a poll and the instructions there are quite simple, except that in the "Run poll for" option, 0 days means a never ending poll. When done, save the post by clicking "Submit" above the poll creation tab.

I hope that will help.

Well, I wanted to have the results public, to see who voted for what option. My fault for not being specific enough.
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:47 am

It seems there is indeed no option for that. I guess then it's not possible. Perhaps this can be implemented again? It was quite nice back on the old Jolt forums..
The Blaatschapen should resign

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:56 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:It seems there is indeed no option for that. I guess then it's not possible. Perhaps this can be implemented again? It was quite nice back on the old Jolt forums..

It was pretty nice. Would've come in handy for this.
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Return to Technical