NATION

PASSWORD

Telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Wonderstein
Civilian

Founded: Aug 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Telegrams

Postby Wonderstein » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Im having trouble inserting the Flag and the name of my nation all together.

I dont understand the [nation] format.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:30 am

Try this ... [nation=Wonderstein]

That will make a flag appear beside your long name (flag + government pretitle + nation name)

The FAQ goes in more depth than that though....

Code: Select all
How do I use formatting in my telegrams and posts?

You can use some BBCode-style tags to improve the look of your telegrams, Regional Message Board posts, and (if you control a region) your regional World Factbook Entry. These are:

Bold: [b]Hello[/b] becomes: Hello
Italic: [i]Hello[/i] becomes: Hello
Underline: [u]Hello[/u] becomes: Hello
Regions: [region]The Pacific[/region] becomes: The Pacific
Nations: [nation]Testlandia[/nation] becomes:  The Borderlands of Testlandia
You may optionally specify "short", "long", "flag" and "noflag" formats. If you omit these, the default is "long+flag".
[nation=short]Testlandia[/nation] becomes: Testlandia
[nation=noflag]Testlandia[/nation] becomes: The Borderlands of Testlandia
[nation=short+noflag]Testlandia[/nation] becomes: Testlandia
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 am

Heh, I didn't even know you could change the formatting on nation tags! Thanks for linking to that; shows how often I read the FAQ for updates.

(And curious the WA section still hasn't been updated to include the SC.)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Heh, I didn't even know you could change the formatting on nation tags! Thanks for linking to that; shows how often I read the FAQ for updates.

(And curious the WA section still hasn't been updated to include the SC.)

Well, that WA section is probably going to need an absolute re-write ...

I think someone mentioned on the SC Subforum how contradictory this paragraph is now,
FAQ wrote:Your nation can join the WA, but it's not compulsory. As a non-member, you are unaffected by any WA decisions. So if you're happy looking after your nation and don't want to dabble in international politics, don't join up.

But the rewrite would have to be well thought out, it seems anything put down on paper by the admins is used as law. Like how some raiders use the FAQ as their mission statement & tablet of commandments all rolled into one.

And I can't believe how much I see this simple line quoted as law on the WASC...
forums wrote:Security Council
A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Return to Technical