NATION

PASSWORD

[APP] NationStates AutoTelegram

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 am

The Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:When i was this using to recruit my for new region, i created new nations so i could see if the script is working.

I created 'greater lodz' and waited to see if they got the message.

Later, I saw this message in the 'status' tab of the program

'12:25:38 PM: Telegram queued for greater lodz.'

Does 'queued' mean 'sent'?

because greater lodz didnt receive my TG.

Or is my english just not perfect?

I think 'queued' means it is waiting to be sent.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi Auralia,

We're getting quite a lot of hits on the NewNations API from users of AutoTelegram... nothing we can't handle, but it seems like pointless traffic. With the new Telegrams system, any recruitment TGs sent to a newly created nation will enter the queue and be randomly selected for delivery at set intervals. In particular, any recruitment TG sent within the first 50 seconds of a nation's life has an equal chance of being the first recruitment TG delivered.

AutoTelegram users, however, each hit the NewNations API once per second, which I guess is a hangover from the days when it was critical to be first in line. There are quite a lot of AutoTelegram users now so that's a lot of traffic for no benefit. Maybe you could tone this down?

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:55 am

Out of curiousity, what does the ProgressBar control on the form do?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 am

[violet] wrote:Hi Auralia,

We're getting quite a lot of hits on the NewNations API from users of AutoTelegram... nothing we can't handle, but it seems like pointless traffic. With the new Telegrams system, any recruitment TGs sent to a newly created nation will enter the queue and be randomly selected for delivery at set intervals. In particular, any recruitment TG sent within the first 50 seconds of a nation's life has an equal chance of being the first recruitment TG delivered.

AutoTelegram users, however, each hit the NewNations API once per second, which I guess is a hangover from the days when it was critical to be first in line. There are quite a lot of AutoTelegram users now so that's a lot of traffic for no benefit. Maybe you could tone this down?

I'll take that into account in the latest release.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Bolguria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolguria » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm a bit confused what to do after I have received a API client key? Any help will be appreciated.
Народна Pеcпублика Болгурия
People's Republic Of Bolguria

----Cлава|Glory----
-------За|For-------
България|Bulgaria
Come To Slavia!
For - Pan-Slavism, Moderate Nationalism, Ataka (Party), Scandinavian Capitalism, Liberalism, Snowden, LGBT Rights, Abortion, Assad, Putin, Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia.
Neutral - Israel, Religion, America, China, India, Obama, Communism, Fascism, Monarchy, Social Security, Iran, Merkel, E.U, Conservativism, USSR.
Anti - Turkey, Erdogan, Islam, Euro, France, Nazism, Eco-Mentalists, Kebab, Roma, Bush, Terrorism.
I'm a mix of Russian and Bulgarian, and I'm proud of both my bloodlines. I live in London, and attend high school. Follower of Levskism and Pan-Slavism, and a patriot of the Bulgarian Republic.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Bolguria wrote:I'm a bit confused what to do after I have received a API client key? Any help will be appreciated.

Create your telegram (recruitment, campaigning, etc) and send it to "tag:api". If you go into the delivery reports of the sent telegram, you'll find your Secret Key and TGID (telegram ID).

Enter those into the respective menus in the autotelegram program, and in the recipients box, enter the sequence for the recipients, e.g. "recruitment:new". Make sure to mark it as a recruitment telegram. Then go over to status, and hit "start".

Bolguria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolguria » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

The Black Hat Guy wrote:
Bolguria wrote:I'm a bit confused what to do after I have received a API client key? Any help will be appreciated.

Create your telegram (recruitment, campaigning, etc) and send it to "tag:api". If you go into the delivery reports of the sent telegram, you'll find your Secret Key and TGID (telegram ID).

Enter those into the respective menus in the autotelegram program, and in the recipients box, enter the sequence for the recipients, e.g. "recruitment:new". Make sure to mark it as a recruitment telegram. Then go over to status, and hit "start".

Thanks for the professional and detailed answer. :P

P.S, Your a Mod in training. ;)
Народна Pеcпублика Болгурия
People's Republic Of Bolguria

----Cлава|Glory----
-------За|For-------
България|Bulgaria
Come To Slavia!
For - Pan-Slavism, Moderate Nationalism, Ataka (Party), Scandinavian Capitalism, Liberalism, Snowden, LGBT Rights, Abortion, Assad, Putin, Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia.
Neutral - Israel, Religion, America, China, India, Obama, Communism, Fascism, Monarchy, Social Security, Iran, Merkel, E.U, Conservativism, USSR.
Anti - Turkey, Erdogan, Islam, Euro, France, Nazism, Eco-Mentalists, Kebab, Roma, Bush, Terrorism.
I'm a mix of Russian and Bulgarian, and I'm proud of both my bloodlines. I live in London, and attend high school. Follower of Levskism and Pan-Slavism, and a patriot of the Bulgarian Republic.

Kovan
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kovan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

But how long does it take for a moderator to process an API Key request?

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:17 am

Kovan wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

But how long does it take for a moderator to process an API Key request?

No, it's not the correct place to put this, and the only real answer is "as long as it takes". Could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days or longer.

Put related questions on the Technical forum FAQ next time.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 am

The Black Hat Guy wrote:Put related questions on the Technical forum FAQ next time.

No, don't. Start your own topic. The Tech FAQ is not the Official Catchall of Unrelated Questions.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:32 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
The Black Hat Guy wrote:Put related questions on the Technical forum FAQ next time.

No, don't. Start your own topic. The Tech FAQ is not the Official Catchall of Unrelated Questions.

Or not, never mind. My apologies.

Ebonnium
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ebonnium » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:29 am

The application times out on my laptop after about an hour, is there a way to solve this?
Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom

Kiwitaicho
Secretary

Founded: Apr 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiwitaicho » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:39 am

With this sort of release I notice that the poster mainly hears from people who have complaints so I'll just post firstly to say that I have used this for a handful of months now - it's great.

To the person who was asking about how long an API key request takes. They're pretty quick. Probably 24 hours max so please be patient. The mods do a great job.

As far as timeouts are concerned, when it loses connection obviously it stops working and occasionally I get an error where it will just randomly stop working. It's fairly inconsistent though sometimes it'll work for days on end but on others it will only last for a bit. Regardless it's a fantastic wee tool with a great GUI for inexperienced users. So my response to that person is just to cope the best they can because it's certainly still easier than manual TGing ;)
Brigadier General - The North Pacific Army
Attorney General - The North Pacific

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 am

I do love this utility. It would be useful if it could remember your information so you don't have to renter it after a time out or having to close it. Still, even without such a feature I do enjoy it.

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 pm

When is the newest version expected to come out? ...just curious.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Sween
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sween » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 am

it was working fine before, it put the telegrams in my sent items folder

now it wont, why? i want to see the stats

EDIT: turns out it updates in the original 'sent item tag;api' i just couldn't find it XD
Last edited by Sween on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
------------------
------------------
Empire of Dawn
------------------
------------------
------------------

Anthem | Emperor's Theme | Setsuri Theme | Joke Theme
A long forgotten prophecy has foretold the fall of the reptilians along with the UN followed by the rise of Matthew I and the galactic conquest of man.

Anthem Lyrics | Overview | Emperor | Parliament | Parties | Foreign Policy in a Nutshell

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 am

How can I send TG's to newly founded nations, and to those refounded as well?

Nice app...
The Seafield Islands

Mallorea and Riva should resign

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:21 pm

The Seafield Islands wrote:How can I send TG's to newly founded nations, and to those refounded as well?

Nice app...

Still no reply?
The Seafield Islands

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

The Seafield Islands wrote:How can I send TG's to newly founded nations, and to those refounded as well?

Nice app...

I can't say for certain, but I don't think that this is possible.

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 am

The Black Hat Guy wrote:

Nice app...

I can't say for certain, but I don't think that this is possible.

Oh...
The Seafield Islands

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:36 am

Nice app...

From the first post

Auralia wrote:recruitment:new : enables recruitment mode for new nations, which sends telegrams to new nations as they are created until the program is manually stopped; in the future this mode may support refounded nations through recruitment:refounded

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

Leutria wrote:

Nice app...

From the first post

Auralia wrote:recruitment:new : enables recruitment mode for new nations, which sends telegrams to new nations as they are created until the program is manually stopped; in the future this mode may support refounded nations through recruitment:refounded

Oh okay. Thank you! :)
The Seafield Islands

Sween
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sween » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Nice app...

in recipients do

recruitment:new

run forever
------------------
------------------
------------------
Empire of Dawn
------------------
------------------
------------------

Anthem | Emperor's Theme | Setsuri Theme | Joke Theme
A long forgotten prophecy has foretold the fall of the reptilians along with the UN followed by the rise of Matthew I and the galactic conquest of man.

Anthem Lyrics | Overview | Emperor | Parliament | Parties | Foreign Policy in a Nutshell

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 am

Sween wrote:

Nice app...

in recipients do

recruitment:new

run forever

Yeah.. Thanks too! :)
The Seafield Islands

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:05 pm

The Dourian Embassy wrote:First of all I'm not sure but it seems to be throwing me an error on "invalid data" whenever I include people with a hyphen in their names in a list of nations.

Just an FYI that I tried to run an SC campaign using this program tonight, and I ran into the same option. I used find/replace to remove the 4 or 5 nations with hyphens (-) in their name, which resolved the issue. Nations with underscores (_) were left in the list without issue.

If the list of "troublesome nations" would still be useful, let me know. I can hang onto it for a stretch, at least.

Cheers, etc.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical