NATION

PASSWORD

Featured Nations?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Featured Nations?

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun May 31, 2009 2:59 pm

I kinda got myself inspired from a feature in NationStates 2 that we could salvage for NS1. If we have featured regions then... how about featured nations?

Perhaps everyday the game would randomly pick three featured nations. In the WA side, the game could pick a featured delegate. It would raise the profile of NS players and make the game a bit rewarding for all (as well as the future featured nation followers).

What do you think?

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Featured Nations?

Postby Unibot » Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

I kinda got myself inspired from a feature in NationStates 2 that we could salvage for NS1. If we have featured regions then... how about featured nations?

Perhaps everyday the game would randomly pick three featured nations. In the WA side, the game could pick a featured delegate. It would raise the profile of NS players and make the game a bit rewarding for all (as well as the future featured nation followers).

What do you think?

Not bad, Not bad.

*Scribbles it down on the list*

I don't think three nations per day is necessary, but a featured Delegate and Nation could be really neat, and give some more meat to the World/WA page.

Though the featured nation of the day is in essense, the nation that gets top ranking on the world census report.

I'd like to see a sort of Regional Happiness Index come about, where players can rate their delegates from that nation's page, and perhaps the admins could utilize some other hidden mod stat goodies in place to determine a RHI index. The Featured Delegate, would be the delegate of the happiest region.
Last edited by Unibot on Sun May 31, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sun May 31, 2009 3:34 pm

Do the nations on the top of the WA rankings not count as "Featured Nations"?
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

West-Flanders
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby West-Flanders » Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 pm

I bet they'll get spammed..
Last edited by West-Flanders on Sun Dec 31, 9999 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Technical