NATION

PASSWORD

Can we take over countries?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Fallhalla (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: May 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Can we take over countries?

Postby Fallhalla (Ancient) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 am

Can we declare war, invade, and take over countries on here? :(

Salzland
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Can we take over countries?

Postby Salzland » Sat May 30, 2009 6:46 am

As long as the other country agrees to participate in such a manner. Otherwise they'll just ignore you, and for all intents and purposes nothing will happen. In other words, for example, I could not declare war upon you, say that I invaded and successfully occupied your nation, and then force your country to do whatever I want unless I have your express written permission. However, one thing you cannot under any circumstances do is attempt to make someone to give you their user name and password, if you mean take over their nation in that sense of the phrase. Additionally, launching such an invasion without a very justified cause is likely to get any number of other nations to rally against you, and potentially launch a counter-invasion of your own country.

Generally, most wars on here end with one side or the other quiting and ignoring the outcome, for any of a large number of reason (getting dogpiled, enemy refusing to take any casualties, etcetera). Hope this helps answer your question.
Last edited by Salzland on Sat May 30, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Armed Republic of Salzland (Citizen: Salzlander)
    Proud ODECON Member
    Dagora Doctrine Signatory
    CASTLE Accords Signatory
    Polaris Initiative Member
    Akiwealth Member

Embassies: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1134

Flag Courtesy Of Fictions
Risk Management Incorporated: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55886

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, ODECON was born—to fight the foes no single nation could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, ODEVENGERS Assemble!

Retired Roleplaying Mentor

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat May 30, 2009 7:08 am

Alternatively, you can join a regional community that participates in military gameplay. That involves teamwork, timing, and a certain amount of semi-specialized knowledge (see link in sig).

Hungramy
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungramy » Sat May 30, 2009 7:14 am

if you can take over a countries in the game, i will sand over 2 nuklur bombs to your nation fallhlla :twisted: :lol2: :twisted: :lol2:

Return to Technical