NATION

PASSWORD

A small AND large government?!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

What size is my government?

Small
25%
Large
25%
Conglomerate of Multinational Corporations
21%
Uhh... DOUGHNUTS!
29%

Total votes : 24

Nobodishal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

A small AND large government?!

Postby Nobodishal » Fri May 29, 2009 1:25 pm

An excerpt from my nations spotlight:
The Republic of Nobodishal is a very large, economically powerful nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 169 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing industries.

I bolded the areas of concern. It's just a minor bug but rather interesting. [edit] And post please! [/edit]
Last edited by Nobodishal on Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryhaleyal
Civilian

Founded: Apr 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: A small AND large government?!

Postby Ryhaleyal » Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm

This is...rather strange to say the least! Anyway, to me it seems as though your nation is medium sized, but leaning towards small. This is a rather strange error to say the least though, I'm pretty sure I saw this once before, but just shrugged it off.
EDIT: Now that I've read what Reagan States posted, I've changed my vote to large government.
Last edited by Ryhaleyal on Fri May 29, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reagan States
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan States » Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 pm

This happened to me before too, back in the day :D
It's because the "Capitalist paradise" text is always the same, as you'll notice for my nation, but the "size of government" is actually determined by your Admin budget (found here).
So you have a large government, if that's what you're asking :lol:
Last edited by Reagan States on Fri May 29, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation which will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

Nobodishal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodishal » Fri May 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks Reagan States, but How do I have a large government with a 19% tax rate and a 9-something% administrative expenditures?

Reagan States
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan States » Fri May 29, 2009 2:01 pm

I believe you start out with a "large" government, meaning a large admin budget (around 20%), and overtime it grows or shrinks as you solve issues. You are 169 million population and are down to 7% so you're probably about 1% off of "medium" government-size.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation which will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri May 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Reagan States wrote:It's because the "Capitalist paradise" text is always the same, as you'll notice for my nation, but the "size of government" is actually determined by your Admin budget

Correct... I will fix that desc.

Return to Technical