NATION

PASSWORD

Change in appearance of Century (Wide RMB) RMB

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
New South Hell
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Change in appearance of Century (Wide RMB) RMB

Postby New South Hell » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:29 am

Sometime recently, the format of the Century (Wide RMB) theme RMB changed for the worse. I observed it about 10 Eastern time, but it may be that a browser restart, which I did then, picked up a change that had been made earlier.

I'm running Firefox 7.0.1 on Windows 7, but I observed the new format with IE8 as well.

With the new format, the nation column and the text column appear to be the same width, whereas before, the nation column was considerably less wide. The text column is so narow it looks really awful (IMO, of course), and hardly any nations have names that fill the nation column, so it is filled with useless white space.

Is this an intentional change or an accident? If it intentional, is there another way to accomplish the goal (whatever it was)? I will probably have to stick with this theme (it has technical properties that matter to me that only the Legacy theme shares), but I cringe now every time I see an RMB.

The Paradisian Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Paradisian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:20 am

I am having the same problem as well, but use Google Chrome and Windows 7. Will this get fixed anytime soon?
"Semino Losase Gorvindal Ewa" -- "Semino the Great Created Humans"
Greetings & Salutations from The Paradisian Empire
The National Anthem -- Compass

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 pm

It's a known problem; slightly trickier to fix than expected due to Century Wide being a really odd theme, leftover from when Century was non-default.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Ah yes, it is a problem for me too.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Should be fixed now.

Return to Technical