NATION

PASSWORD

The Logout Button

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Timbertwig
Civilian

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

The Logout Button

Postby Timbertwig » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 am

I have a small suggestion for an improvement.

Frequently, when navigating between my region and issues and so on, I find myself accidentally clicking the logout button. This hasn't just happened once or twice, but usually every time I'm logged in, on any computer. I'd like to suggest the logout button be moved to the bottom of the menu, or underneath the "Latest Threads" section, or somewhere else entirely.

Of course, it could be that I am the only one having this problem and I'm simply a clumsy oaf. Still, it'd be helpful for those of us who are indeed clumsy and can't use a mouse, should this be the case.

There you have it.

Voltairian Prospects
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: The Logout Button

Postby Voltairian Prospects » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 am

This has only happened to me once or twice, But I fully agree with this... I think it would be a great idea.
-...After all, 'advice' is just a 6-letter way to say "Okay, here's how I fucked up"-Grave_n_Idle
-Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.
From what I'v tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire -Robert Frost

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 am

Have you checked to be sure it's not the "random log off" problem that's been happening? If so, the great coding gods are working on that already.

Just checking. :)
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Voltairian Prospects
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltairian Prospects » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 am

Darkesia wrote:Have you checked to be sure it's not the "random log off" problem that's been happening? If so, the great coding gods are working on that already.

Just checking. :)

They have already solved it, and yeah I actually checked, I idiotically hit "logout"
-...After all, 'advice' is just a 6-letter way to say "Okay, here's how I fucked up"-Grave_n_Idle
-Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.
From what I'v tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire -Robert Frost

Neasmyrna
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2007
Anarchy

Postby Neasmyrna » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Yeah... I do the same thing occasionally... I think that is the optimal spot aesthetically for log out though... and anyplace else would be awkward... but at least you wouldn't click it accidentally... 8)

So yeah... it's a lil problem... but not necessarily worth changing.
Founder of 00000 A World Power

You're welcome to visit our forum at:

Return to Technical