NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal Tag

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Proposal Tag

Postby Krioval » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Hey, all. I'm still using the [url] tag to link to proposals, but I was wondering if somebody could show me how to use the [proposal=] tag. I swear that it doesn't matter what I put after the equal sign, the tag doesn't link properly. Thanks for any help.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Proposal Tag

Postby Unibot » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Okay, I don't blame you for not understanding, the method to create a proper proposal tag is complex.

1) Go to the Proposal Queue Page with the proposal that you wish to link to.
2) View the 'Page Source' (or the HTML of the page) of that queue page. The method you do this differs between browsers, typically you can do so by going through 'view > page source', or right clicking and clicking 'view page source'.
3) In the HTML source, below each of the proposal's endorsements is a line similar to this,
<form method="post" action="page=UN_proposal/start="><input type="hidden" name="proposal" value="krioval_1251228077"><input type="hidden" name="council" value=""><input type="hidden" name="start" value="">

The bolded part is the Proposal's ID, which is what you are looking for.

4) You use this ID in the proposal tag after the equal sign.
Code: Select all
[proposal=krioval_1251228077]

5) Just supplying the proposal tag without an end tag... like the example up above, will not display anything useful. However if you use an end tag rapped around something like so.
Code: Select all
[proposal=krioval_1251228077]Fairness in Currency Exchange[/proposal]

You have a dandy link to the Fairness in Currency Exchange which you can use in campaign telegrams, as well as forum and RMB posts. Have fun!

Hope that helps!
Unibot

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Does the proposal tag work in TGs? I thought that only minimal tags were working for a TG.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Yes, they work in TGs.

So they're obviously gold for proposal campaigners.
Last edited by Unibot on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Thank you for the help.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation