NATION

PASSWORD

Nation name release!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vavlar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:24 pm

TheKeyToJoy wrote:Ah so he was a pred.

1.Nope, I explore the forums.
2.Cimmeria was founded long before the predator punishments occurred and CTE'd (The nation, not region)

New Eestiball
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Eestiball » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:27 am

Waiting for years for Newfoundland and Labrador.
current song: eminence front by the who
this flag inspired by scytharum's old one
base-6 is inherently the best base
you can find me in nssports as the martian independent republic but the nation I'm writing lore for is asiikafa
likes: the beatles/the cure/the who/most 60s and 70s music in general/liberal democracy/abstraction/vexillology
dislikes are unnecessary because the world doesn't need more negativity

Orkwood
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Orkwood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:17 pm

Why do people claim fun names and then let them CTE after 28 days?

I waited years for a couple and they were poached and abandoned.

Ozeanreisende
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozeanreisende » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:18 pm

Orkwood wrote:Why do people claim fun names and then let them CTE after 28 days?

What name were you seeking?
Ozeanreisende embassy program
Ozeanreisende, a quintiple melting pot of German, English, French, Spanish and danish culture | IRL: I'm a Canadian and my favourite country is Australia | A Class 0.857 Civilization according to this index | Buy military equipment here https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oze ... id=1787474
Ozeanreisende News
Ozeanreisende leaves the ODP to pursue armed neutrality (switzerland moment)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Orkwood wrote:Why do people claim fun names and then let them CTE after 28 days?

Maybe nations that last for less than half a year should have their names released more quickly? That would cover prior levels of activity up to [for example] nations placed in vacation mode at creation and then logged into only twice more, which seems a reasonable threshold to me. I'd suggest that in these cases cutting the waiting time tp just one year would probably be a reasonable compromise.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Orkwood
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Orkwood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:32 pm

Ozeanreisende wrote:

What name were you seeking?

Polaris. Planned on doing a space RP. My backup was also grabbed. Just really disappointing. :(

Orkwood
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Orkwood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 pm

Bears Armed wrote:

Maybe nations that last for less than half a year should have their names released more quickly? That would cover prior levels of activity up to [for example] nations placed in vacation mode at creation and then logged into only twice more, which seems a reasonable threshold to me. I'd suggest that in these cases cutting the waiting time tp just one year would probably be a reasonable compromise.

Or if they last less than 2-3 months, faster release would be nice.

The Teutonic Order RP
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 02, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Teutonic Order RP » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Orkwood wrote:
Ozeanreisende wrote:What name were you seeking?

Polaris. Planned on doing a space RP. My backup was also grabbed. Just really disappointing. :(

Could always call it Polaris RP, see my name

Orkwood
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Orkwood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:44 pm

The Teutonic Order RP wrote:
Orkwood wrote:Polaris. Planned on doing a space RP. My backup was also grabbed. Just really disappointing. :(

Could always call it Polaris RP, see my name

Always a possibility :hug:

Culway
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Culway » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:02 pm

Casually notes that the last time any thing was changed was 2011 possibly
King George Altman V
Culway
Secretary of State for Home Affairs

Heart
Lord Founder Salibaic
WA Delegate The Scottish Republic
A class 0.625 nation according to this https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617
He/him
Lives in the US, sadly
Independent
I’m a history buff
Also a half-geography buff
Sees communism and capitalist as equal, neither being better nor worse

NEWS: Culway establishes a nation anthem, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDycUXzNs0. King Arthur has died, funeral expected in 2 days, all of The Union of Force is invited. King George Altman the Fifth has taken the throne as he is descended for King Horace. King George is donating to charity.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Culway wrote:Casually notes that the last time any thing was changed was 2011 possibly

If you were less casual in your reading, you'd find that was 2022.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Nation name release!

Postby Parhe » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:02 pm

Seems I missed a lot of stuff. Maybe this can be my motivation to get back into the game d:

My puppets will be revived at some point when my laptop is fixed.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:07 pm

Orkwood wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Maybe nations that last for less than half a year should have their names released more quickly? That would cover prior levels of activity up to [for example] nations placed in vacation mode at creation and then logged into only twice more, which seems a reasonable threshold to me. I'd suggest that in these cases cutting the waiting time tp just one year would probably be a reasonable compromise.

Or if they last less than 2-3 months, faster release would be nice.

but, it's unfair to players who have RL Issues or accidebts,and they'd lose their nation possibly
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Strike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Strike » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:35 pm

Bears Armed wrote:

Just do the calculation of how Much population a nation has after 28 days. I dont know what it is, but lets say its 50 million.

So now, if a CTE nation size is 50 million or less it re-releases after (1 year) instead of (5 years).

It doesn't take much effort to go into the settings and set it to vacation, so if you don't care even that much about it, you won't be bothered by it being re-released in a year vs. 5 years.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:20 am

Strike wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Maybe nations that last for less than half a year should have their names released more quickly? That would cover prior levels of activity up to [for example] nations placed in vacation mode at creation and then logged into only twice more, which seems a reasonable threshold to me. I'd suggest that in these cases cutting the waiting time tp just one year would probably be a reasonable compromise.

Just do the calculation of how Much population a nation has after 28 days. I dont know what it is, but lets say its 50 million.

So now, if a CTE nation size is 50 million or less it re-releases after (1 year) instead of (5 years).

It doesn't take much effort to go into the settings and set it to vacation, so if you don't care even that much about it, you won't be bothered by it being re-released in a year vs. 5 years.

About 110 million.

And while you may have a point, I've also seen people revive nations from well over a decade ago with well under a billion people.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Varezia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Varezia » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:26 am

So what's the deal with "Disgraced" names?

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:00 am

Varezia wrote:So what's the deal with "Disgraced" names?

The nation was mod-deleted for rules violations.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Orkwood
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Orkwood » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:06 pm

StrayaRoos wrote:
Orkwood wrote:Or if they last less than 2-3 months, faster release would be nice.

but, it's unfair to players who have RL Issues or accidebts,and they'd lose their nation possibly

If they’re gone a few months they may have more pressing issues than NationStates.

Just very tired of seeing people poach names to deny other players when they have no intention of using them.

Recently saw one that was founded, left to CTE after 28 days, and within days of being able to create it as a new nation it was refounded and again left to CTE. Seems rather spiteful.

The Tony Paporordia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Tony Paporordia » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:18 am

Glorious Country wrote:Was hoping to grab a name I REALLY wanted for another nation, but nope, apparently it's of "significant size" despite being dead for 3 years. Hopefully I'll be able to grab it eventually.

If they increase the nation size amount required for reservation then you might be able to.
Last edited by The Tony Paporordia on Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My nation is The Tony Paporordia and I am the Vice-Delegate/Assembly Master of my region, the Holy John Three with a total of 4 endorsements, though I have reached a total of 7 endorsements at most. I was founded in the Pacific and also reached a total of 4 endorsements there.

Founded: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:28 am in the Pacific (Central Daylight Time)
Joined Forum: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:42 am (Central Daylight Time)

Angelsung
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Angelsung » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:24 am

'Angelsun' apparently existed for less than 30 days, 2 whole years ago and it won't be available for another 2 years...it's a shame, that was a great name.

Joltnikov
Civilian

Founded: Jan 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Joltnikov » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:08 pm

Jsshhshshehehhehehe
I cannot get shriyans nation name

Grishahakkaverchynot
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Grishahakkaverchynot » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:20 am

Now that 2023 is coming up, nations that are able to have their names used again in 2018 are being put up for re-use. April 2018 was when the first run of trading cards were created, so would refounding a nation with an Season 1 card cause any problems? (Other than the original one being considered overwrriten.)
Last edited by Grishahakkaverchynot on Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Grishahakkaverchynot League, Keepermaster of the Verchy Realms.
sudo rm -rf / --no-preserve-root, the best form of space saving.
Writer of the 59th most upvoted dispatch!
Nation turned 3 years old on May 6th 2023.

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:18 am

Grishahakkaverchynot wrote:Now that 2023 is coming up, nations that are able to have their names used again in 2018 are being put up for re-use. April 2018 was when the first run of trading cards were created, so would refounding a nation with an Season 1 card cause any problems? (Other than the original one being considered overwrriten.)

Cards are not tied to nation names but to nation (database) IDs, so the new nation would not be tied to the old card. But there could be code that doesn't account for this case, and, say, links to the new nation from the old card despite it not being correct. Worth checking.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:18 am

Grishahakkaverchynot wrote:Now that 2023 is coming up, nations that are able to have their names used again in 2018 are being put up for re-use. April 2018 was when the first run of trading cards were created, so would refounding a nation with an Season 1 card cause any problems? (Other than the original one being considered overwrriten.)

I reused the name of a S1 card, Stripper Island. As the DBID is different from the original, it shows no active cards if you go from the nation page. The boneyard shows the separation too.

If you click on the name on the old card, it loads the new nation, but I'm not sure that's a problem.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical