NATION

PASSWORD

Nation name release!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

LiamHerndon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby LiamHerndon » Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
LiamHerndon wrote:Can a nation refound after 5 years?

Read the OP.

That explains that the name becomes available, but refoundation after this point may be possible. Is it?
LiamHerndon- Communist office supply lover. Got a problem with it? Don't.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)

☻/ This is Bob, copy & paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.

[color=#008000]______
-------- Copy and
|---|---| paste this into
|---|---| your sig for
|__|__|PANTS
[/color]

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu May 30, 2013 1:45 pm

LiamHerndon wrote:That explains that the name becomes available, but refoundation after this point may be possible. Is it?

I don't think you read the OP. Names are released after 5 years of inactivity. If you're playing a nation, there is nothing magical about the 5 year mark.

If that's not your question, please rephrase it so it isn't a random hypothetical question and actually makes sense.

LiamHerndon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby LiamHerndon » Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
LiamHerndon wrote:That explains that the name becomes available, but refoundation after this point may be possible. Is it?

I don't think you read the OP. Names are released after 5 years of inactivity. If you're playing a nation, there is nothing magical about the 5 year mark.

If that's not your question, please rephrase it so it isn't a random hypothetical question and actually makes sense.

Okay. So, if one of my nations were to CTE before reaching 500m citizens, would I be able to refound it after 5 years if the name doesn't get taken? This is a question so that I know if and when some of my puppets reach that point.
LiamHerndon- Communist office supply lover. Got a problem with it? Don't.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)

☻/ This is Bob, copy & paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.

[color=#008000]______
-------- Copy and
|---|---| paste this into
|---|---| your sig for
|__|__|PANTS
[/color]

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu May 30, 2013 1:50 pm

LiamHerndon wrote:So, if one of my nations were to CTE before reaching 500m citizens, would I be able to refound it after 5 years if the name doesn't get taken?

Yes. As is pretty much explained in the OP, though it doesn't specify (or care in any way) who the prior owner was.

The Autocracy of Sergiopolis
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Autocracy of Sergiopolis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 pm

What exactly does this mean?

"Disgraced: This name was soiled by a former nation."

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:27 am

A nation that was deleted for rules violations.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Autocracy of Sergiopolis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 am

Does that mean that the name will ever be re-released?

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Any particular reason why the names America, Great Britain, Russia etc. are not available for use? Dude some player in the past have them, or do you guys not allow the names of major countries to be used?
I'm a trans-beanstalk giantkin. My pronouns are fee/fie/foe/fum.

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

On the American Revolution
Everyone should watch this video

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Libertarian California wrote:Any particular reason why the names America, Great Britain, Russia etc. are not available for use? Dude some player in the past have them, or do you guys not allow the names of major countries to be used?

Check the boneyard. They don't meet the release guidelines. Any RL nation names that were part of the release were grabbed immediately.

*edit*: Great Britain and Russia were part of the name release and are currently being used.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 am

What if you have a nation with a certain name, but you don't want that nation anymore. Could you give that nation up to the pool of released names so that the community may have the name?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 am

Aksun wrote:Could you give that nation up to the pool of released names so that the community may have the name?

We don't have any such provision, nor any plans for adding such. It's not something we think most players would use, and it would add complexity for no real reason.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Autocracy of Sergiopolis » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Those names are permanently removed from the pool.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, much appreciated.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Nation name release!

Postby Parhe » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Aksun wrote:What if you have a nation with a certain name, but you don't want that nation anymore. Could you give that nation up to the pool of released names so that the community may have the name?

I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of a nation for any reason, but I am sure that there are *some* that would be very willing to take them off your hands.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Agorya
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Agorya » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 pm

You want to know what really stinks?

Agoria, the original name I wanted, was a nation founded in Antiquity and had 507 million people...that's 7 million more higher than the 500 million mark. :(
Libertarian Purity Score: 142/160

Economic Left/Right: 8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Disregard love, amass capital.

Also, Bonobos.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Agorya wrote:You want to know what really stinks?

Agoria, the original name I wanted, was a nation founded in Antiquity and had 507 million people...that's 7 million more higher than the 500 million mark. :(

I wanted the name Prussia and the day after it was released I went to get it, and someone had registered it. The guy never logged in again. It cant be used for another 5 years.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Agorya
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Agorya » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:
Agorya wrote:You want to know what really stinks?

I wanted the name Prussia and the day after it was released I went to get it, and someone had registered it. The guy never logged in again. It cant be used for another 5 years.

I feel you man.

I am looking for something unique here. Very good website.
Libertarian Purity Score: 142/160

Economic Left/Right: 8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Disregard love, amass capital.

Also, Bonobos.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Agorya wrote:
PrussianEmpire wrote:

I feel you man.

I am looking for something unique here. Very good website.

Interesting website. Can be useful for puppet making

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Anyone can use these 2 old puppets of mine:

Certifiably insane
Poolshrimpers
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Agorya wrote:I am looking for something unique here. Very good website.

Not at all what I was expecting from a site called nine.frenchboys.net.

Indeed. Sounded a bit...adultish.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Personally, I think that the date limit should change from five years to three years. Honestly, I doubt anyone would suddenly want to recover their nation after more than three years.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:Personally, I think that the date limit should change from five years to three years. Honestly, I doubt anyone would suddenly want to recover their nation after more than three years.

Seriously? Only three years? I've seen countless people resurrect their nation after three years, and some after far longer.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Uieurnthlaal wrote:Personally, I think that the date limit should change from five years to three years. Honestly, I doubt anyone would suddenly want to recover their nation after more than three years.

Seriously? Only three years? I've seen countless people resurrect their nation after three years, and some after far longer.

Who?
Also, if the limit is changed to three years, there would still be the opportunity to resurrect most nations. That just means that for a few nations, the names can be recycled more quickly.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Libertarian California wrote:Any particular reason why the names America, Great Britain, Russia etc. are not available for use? Dude some player in the past have them, or do you guys not allow the names of major countries to be used?

They're all allowed to be used.

Russia's being used, Great Britain's being used, and America is some guy's puppet, and he doesn't bother to log into it.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical