NATION

PASSWORD

Should NS have an app?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Should NS have and app (android/ipod)?

yes
62%
no
38%

Total votes : 55

Rothburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Should NS have an app?

Postby Rothburg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Should NS have an app?
President: Adelle Carston
National Anthem of the Republic of Rothburg
Rp Population=95 million
Ideology: Conservative Republican Capitalism
Economic Left/Right= 9.5

Red Indus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Indus » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm never going to buy one of those gameboy look-alike things, so no.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:54 pm

One, wrong forum.
Two, no.
Three, hell no.

Calldar
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Calldar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 pm

WANT.
Pro-USA, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro-Globalization, Pro-Secularism Anti-Fascism, Anti-Racism, Anti-Communism, Anti-Nationalism

Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.23
"In 1950 I wasn't pro-war, I was just anti-communist and pro-America. Then about 2 years into the war we were just north of Seoul, there was this pretty little village with all these pretty girls....we got ordered to pull back, and The Reds took the village. Calling me pro-war after that would have been an understatement." - Grandpa on the Korean War.

Novraslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novraslavia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 pm

I thought it did.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01 pm

"Debating with Trolls and Destroying All Your Hopes for Humanity: There's an App for That

The New NationStates General App, from Satan"
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01 pm

No.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:02 pm

No. I don't want the pure strain of NSers corrupted by conformists and idiots who found the app randomly. :p
Under New Management since 8/9/12

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 pm

No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 pm

The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

I was a hipster before it was cool.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:09 pm

The Corparation wrote:No. It could become popular among apple fanboys aka hipsters. As we all did NS "Before it was cool" It would turn us into hipsters. And I for one do not want to be a hipster.

Better start growing that mustache.

Goodbye.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:13 pm

If I was still a popular, powerful figure, I'd say yes. Given that I am now the equivelent of a piece of shit, I sayeth nay.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Meh. I can't afford anything made by Apple, much less my freedom of privacy.

It wouldn't serve me any purpose.

Doesn't NS already have an app?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Lathuria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathuria » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Sigging.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here comes the mods in black...
Mods in black...
Internet defenders...

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Hathradic States wrote:If I was still a popular, powerful figure, I'd say yes. Given that I am now the equivelent of a piece of shit, I sayeth nay.

Pieces of shit are offended by this comparison.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

I was a hipster before it was cool.

I was a nerd before it was lame.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:

Never! I have withstood the pony horde and likewise shall I withstand the hordes of hipsters. As Winston Churchill said:
We shall fight on the beaches Roleplay Forums, we shall fight on the landing grounds, WA boards we shall fight in the fields General and inthe streets Arts%Fiction, we shall fight in the hills Froum 7 ; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, thisisland Forum or a large part of it were subjugated and starving (From all those dirty hipsters), then our Empire beyond the seas Users in the real world, armed and guarded by the British Fleet Max Barry and the Mods, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Novraslavia wrote:I thought it did.

It certainly has something it keeps asking me if I want to download or look at or whatever whenever I sign on to NSG with my iPhone parading as an iPod because it was free but the service isn't.

Hmmm...more info then required...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:23 pm

The Corparation wrote:

Never! I have withstood the pony horde and likewise shall I withstand the hordes of hipsters. As Winston Churchill said:
We shall fight on the beaches Roleplay Forums, we shall fight on the landing grounds, WA boards we shall fight in the fields General and inthe streets Arts%Fiction, we shall fight in the hills Froum 7 ; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, thisisland Forum or a large part of it were subjugated and starving (From all those dirty hipsters), then our Empire beyond the seas Users in the real world, armed and guarded by the British Fleet Max Barry and the Mods, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

That was longer then two sentences. My poor little Generalite brain can't read that much without a dick joke.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:25 pm

The Corparation wrote:Never! I have withstood the pony horde and likewise shall I withstand the hordes of hipsters. As Winston Churchill said:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

That was longer then two sentences. My poor little Generalite brain can't read that much without a dick joke.

Penis fight hipsters penis fight hippies penis.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

Penis fight hipsters penis fight hippies penis.

Poetry.

Goodbye.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 pm

There already is one, it's called your web browser.

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 am

I've never had a problem with NS on my phone browser. Wouldn't an app be a bit redundant (of course, aren't most apps)?
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 am

Flibbleites wrote:There already is one, it's called your web browser.

^This. Plus, [violet], Salusas and Pyth don't want to put in the effort to keep up such an app. Neither does the great lord Max.

There is Tapatalk for the NS forums but there's no game link.

Lykosia
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykosia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 am

Flibbleites wrote:There already is one, it's called your web browser.

^seconded

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical