NATION

PASSWORD

Cyrillic in custom fields

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Cyrillic in custom fields

Postby Zwangzug » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 am

There have been previous topics about using Cyrillic in the mottos and the length limit. Is it possible to put an apparently-short Cyrillic phrase in a custom field? (I'm thinking Санкт-Петербург for a puppet's capital.)

If not, I'll work around, but figured it was worth a shot.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Zwangzug wrote:There have been previous topics about using Cyrillic in the mottos and the length limit. Is it possible to put an apparently-short Cyrillic phrase in a custom field? (I'm thinking Санкт-Петербург for a puppet's capital.)

If not, I'll work around, but figured it was worth a shot.
I just tried inputting "Санкт-Петербург" as the capital for my nation and it didn't work; I got a message saying the capital name is too long.

EDIT: It seems that, from the links, if you want any Cyrillic phrases/words, you're going to have to multiply the characters by 7 to figure out how many characters the game reads it as, which really does limit what you can write. You might be able to get away with a word in a motto, but with a capital, you may be able to get 3, maybe 4 characters at the most.
Last edited by Northrop-Grumman on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Fixed!

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:53 am

Thank you very much! :)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Return to Technical