NATION

PASSWORD

auto logouts while writing

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Siddall
Envoy

Founded: Apr 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

auto logouts while writing

Postby Siddall » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:12 am

Everytime my account goes into log in mode it shifts to a puppet, it usually happens when im writing, is there anyway to retrieve text after it is lost, i've just wasted two bloody hours of writing and been timed out. Yea I know i should save to draft but i forgot.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 am

Depends on the browser, but most the time if you hit 'back' the text will still be in the box for you to copy.

If you can remember, always copy your text and paste it into word or notepad before hitting submit. In fact it is probably better to write long posts in word to start with, then copy and paste over.
AKA Weed

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

thats what i said to myself when i first did it, the back button didn't help either, very angry i am

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 am

Siddall wrote:thats what i said to myself when i first did it, the back button didn't help either, very angry i am

If you're switching to puppets while writing replies, clear your cache and make sure that the "Log in automatically" button in the setting page is OFF. I recommend downloading a browser such as Firefox that saves information typed into text fields. It also helps to click preview every once in a while, as that refreshes your session. You can also click on a sidebar link right before posting to ensure that you're logged in.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

What browser/OS are you running?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm

firefox

Return to Technical