NATION

PASSWORD

New WA Categories [Admins Preferably]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:From a practical perspective, Social Justice has a plethora of existing resolutions. [violet] has made it clear (in private) that categories with existing resolutions will NOT be changed.

I don't remember saying that. Categories with existing resolutions can be changed.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:You're better positioned to know if Social Justice actually increases healthcare. If it doesn't, then I withdraw my complaint. But if it does, then I think this discussion is only talking about one side of the solution.

It does, but only if the strength of the resolution is "significant" or "strong", not "mild."

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:59 pm

[violet] wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:From a practical perspective, Social Justice has a plethora of existing resolutions. [violet] has made it clear (in private) that categories with existing resolutions will NOT be changed.

I don't remember saying that. Categories with existing resolutions can be changed.

Out of curiosity, how do repeals of said resolutions work? Do they treat the resolution as being part of the new, revamped category, or are they treated as being part of the old category, assuming that both old and new categories happen to have the same name?

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Krioval wrote:
[violet] wrote:I don't remember saying that. Categories with existing resolutions can be changed.

Out of curiosity, how do repeals of said resolutions work? Do they treat the resolution as being part of the new, revamped category, or are they treated as being part of the old category, assuming that both old and new categories happen to have the same name?

Unless someone went through and picked out specifically which resolutions should be put in the other categories, there would be no way for the server to distinguish between the Welfare-themed Social Justice proposals and the defunct Heath-themed Social Justice proposals .. so the repeal would probably work as normal.

Although a group of authors with the help of the mods could probably scan and find a list of resolutions which would be placed in the other categories.
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Previous

Return to Technical