NATION

PASSWORD

Economy Sharply Dropped

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Unspeakable Punocracy
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Economy Sharply Dropped

Postby Unspeakable Punocracy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 pm

So, a few days ago, my economy dropped from 95 to 68 out of the blue. The issues that I answered around this time should still be visible on my Nation Page. I'm not entirely certain what I did that could have caused such a catastrophic drop all at once, and I'm pretty concerned about it.

So, some advice on what to do about this, how to recover from it, etc? I'd really like to see my economy grow again, but it took ages just to get to 95. It'd be really cool if there were some way to make this better faster than slower.

Answers? Suggestions?

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Making yourself the "Supreme Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw" was probably the clause. By cutting funding for everything but defense and law and order you weren't able to support the economy.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Marshallx
Attaché

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshallx » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Hard to say any exact cause, but there seems to be a loose correlation between economic trend and political freedom trend. Have you done anything PF-wise that may have inadvertently affected your E adversely?
Rgds,

Marshallx

Sure, everyone's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but put it in the body of a great white shark and...oooooh...suddenly you've gone too far!

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Marshallx wrote:Hard to say any exact cause, but there seems to be a loose correlation between economic trend and political freedom trend. Have you done anything PF-wise that may have inadvertently affected your E adversely?

If there is, it's VERY loose.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:19 am

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Marshallx wrote:Hard to say any exact cause, but there seems to be a loose correlation between economic trend and political freedom trend. Have you done anything PF-wise that may have inadvertently affected your E adversely?

If there is, it's VERY loose.

I don't believe there is a correlation. *Notes that he has been actively destroying his political freedoms for a year now, yet his economy has only grown*
There is a difference between political freedoms and economic freedoms.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Unspeakable Punocracy
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unspeakable Punocracy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:39 pm

That said, any advice on how I could go about rebuilding it? Does the title of your nation or anything else affect your economy? Just waiting for those rare, rare economy-boosting issues seems kinda tedious. This whole thing has really killed off most of the fun I've had with NS to date. Having a single oddly-worded issue or some intangible factor so starkly affect your entire experience is a bit unforgiving.

From an RP standpoint, I've lost a lot of respect for this game.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Unspeakable Punocracy wrote:That said, any advice on how I could go about rebuilding it? Does the title of your nation or anything else affect your economy? Just waiting for those rare, rare economy-boosting issues seems kinda tedious. This whole thing has really killed off most of the fun I've had with NS to date. Having a single oddly-worded issue or some intangible factor so starkly affect your entire experience is a bit unforgiving.

From an RP standpoint, I've lost a lot of respect for this game.

The name of your nation will not affect regular issues, only the answering of issues and the passing of WA legislation (assuming you are in the WA) will affect how your nation's stats change.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical