NATION

PASSWORD

not receiving capital and leader issues

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

not receiving capital and leader issues

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am

this is the situation:

recently it was changed that a nation that hits the required population immediately gets the corresponding issue.

i have some old nations with more then 1 billion population. --> they qualify for the special issues to unlock the Leader, Capital and Religion-fields.
they were all on vacation mode with 5 waiting issues since long before those special issues were added to the game.
recently i set vacation mode to 'off' in those puppets and started answering some issues.
as soon as an update passed while the puppets had free issue-slots, the religion issue popped up as intended with the recent change, but the leader and capital issues did not come automatically, also not during the next update while again having free issue-slots

i don't care to wait for them to pop up at random, but maybe it was not intended to work this way. so i just let you know.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm guessing it was changed so they came up instantly only at the update where you reached the qualifying population. If it was set so that they came automatically at any point after reaching that population, you'd get the same issue every update until you chose a leader/capital/religion.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 pm

no, i get it only once, no matter what option i pick.

and with billion-plus, i meant populations ranging from 1.001 to 9.500. as soon as they had free issue slots while no longer in vacation mode, the religion issue popped up.

i think when dealing out issues the game looks wich was the last 'qualifying population' that nation reached AND if that nation received the corresponging special issue.
--> when 1 billion plus, and never had the religion issue, the religion issue is given. if religion issue allready had, only random issues are given.
but apparently the game just presumes the leader and the capital issues are allready given, wich is not always the case.

i'm guessing that if you create a nation today and do not answer issues until after you reach 1 billion, the same will happen as what i experienced with my old puppets : only the religion issue comes automatically, the others come at random.

again: i'm not complaining. i'm just saying it :)

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Riemstagrad wrote:no, i get it only once, no matter what option i pick.

and with billion-plus, i meant populations ranging from 1.001 to 9.500. as soon as they had free issue slots while no longer in vacation mode, the religion issue popped up.

i think when dealing out issues the game looks wich was the last 'qualifying population' that nation reached AND if that nation received the corresponging special issue.
--> when 1 billion plus, and never had the religion issue, the religion issue is given. if religion issue allready had, only random issues are given.
but apparently the game just presumes the leader and the capital issues are allready given, wich is not always the case.

i'm guessing that if you create a nation today and do not answer issues until after you reach 1 billion, the same will happen as what i experienced with my old puppets : only the religion issue comes automatically, the others come at random.

again: i'm not complaining. i'm just saying it :)

I've had several nations that passed one of the population benchmarks, and they'd get the related issue as soon as they could. But if they were beyond those benchmarks when violet made the change, they don't seem to get the leader or capital, except randomly like before.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm

again: they DO get the latest issue for wich they qualify. but NOT the earlier issues.

Return to Technical