NATION

PASSWORD

Influence Decreasing

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Al-Aqar
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Influence Decreasing

Postby Al-Aqar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm

My Regional Influence has suddenly and inexplicably decreased from 'Superpower' to 'Power'. I haven't 'spent' any through Regional Control (I'm the WA Delegate for our region), nor have I left the region or (if it matters) lost any endorsements. In fact, other than voting on WA resolutions, deciding Issues, and reading forum posts, I haven't really done anything recently. So is there a reason I'm losing influence?

Thanks!
M. Ilyich
The Peoples' Republic of Al-Aqar
Political Compass:
Economic -9.38
Social -7.95

Avenio wrote:The gov'ment dun took ma baybay!!! Thayre comm'nist tayxes done took mah libertays! I ahm gonna geet mah gun and tayke back mah baybay aynd mah tayxes!

Tubbsalot wrote:Yes, the success of a generation should be judged solely by how well they can murder people. I'll get on to the UN about that right away.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Influence Decreasing

Postby Unibot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm going to take a guess on how Influence works.

If someone in your region has gained more influence, your influence will be lowered because the regional power is being divided more across the nations? So has there recently be a influx of WA nations entering your region? Or other nations endorsing amongst themselves to increase their influence?

Al-Aqar
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Aqar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Nobody's really coming or going, and the endorsement game seems to be stalled... I got my influence back sometime in the last several hours, though. Thanks for you help, and I think I'll leave speculating about the mysteries of influence to the mods from now on.
M. Ilyich
Political Compass:
Economic -9.38
Social -7.95

Avenio wrote:The gov'ment dun took ma baybay!!! Thayre comm'nist tayxes done took mah libertays! I ahm gonna geet mah gun and tayke back mah baybay aynd mah tayxes!

Tubbsalot wrote:Yes, the success of a generation should be judged solely by how well they can murder people. I'll get on to the UN about that right away.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:04 am

Unibot wrote:I'm going to take a guess on how Influence works.

If someone in your region has gained more influence, your influence will be lowered because the regional power is being divided more across the nations? So has there recently be a influx of WA nations entering your region? Or other nations endorsing amongst themselves to increase their influence?

This is entirely true - so long as they've been in the region long enough. His influence will go down a little, but will eventually plateau, if I'm not mistaken. More people in a region, more evenly distributed the influence becomes.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

But he said he is the WA delegate. So no one should be gaining influence as fast as he does, unless regional population changed.

Al-Aqar
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Aqar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm

That's what is confusing me. I have 9 endorsements. I think the next up is 4. I've been in the region longer than anyone except the founder.
M. Ilyich
Political Compass:
Economic -9.38
Social -7.95

Return to Technical