NATION

PASSWORD

Random events?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Random events?

Postby Holaloperho » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:42 am

Is it a good idea to add some random event in the game and make some issue that is corresponding to the event, for example, make a issue which may solve the problem after getting hit by a typhoon, earthquake, suddenly attack by another country, financial crisis, coup d'etat etc?
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:49 am

Riiight. You can simply RP them, and see the effects. Really, you can.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 am

Holaloperho wrote:Is it a good idea to add some random event in the game and make some issue that is corresponding to the event, for example, make a issue which may solve the problem after getting hit by a typhoon, earthquake, suddenly attack by another country, financial crisis, coup d'etat etc?

Check these out. :]

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holaloperho » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 am

I think both of you have somehow misunderstanding what I am say. I mean other then answer issue which will give us a certain result, I also want to add some situation which just pop out from nowhere.
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 am

What it sounds like you are describing is an issue (most if not all of your examples are already issues by the way) that doesn't happen on a schedule. I don't see the point, and I imagine it would require a fair bit of coding for little pay-off.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 am

Holaloperho wrote:I think both of you have somehow misunderstanding what I am say. I mean other then answer issue which will give us a certain result, I also want to add some situation which just pop out from nowhere.

Except that these events (natural disasterar, coups, etc) are, by virtue of their nature, government issues. Essentially you are suggesting the system that's already in place and then saying it's a different one.

Return to Technical