NATION

PASSWORD

Clicking a Link

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Clicking a Link

Postby Galloism » Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Now, in the old Jolt forum, if you clicked a link, it would open that link in a new tab, leaving the forum where it was.

In this forum, clicking a link directs you away from the forum to the new page. Can you put in the coding that makes all links open in new tabs?

That would be great for debates and things, where it's practically a necessity to open up multiple tabs and references.

Thanks~

G.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Clicking a Link

Postby North Wiedna » Thu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Galloism wrote:Now, in the old Jolt forum, if you clicked a link, it would open that link in a new tab, leaving the forum where it was.

In this forum, clicking a link directs you away from the forum to the new page. Can you put in the coding that makes all links open in new tabs?

That would be great for debates and things, where it's practically a necessity to open up multiple tabs and references.

Thanks~

G.

All you have to do is click on your little wheel thing that scrolls the page.
It automatically opens links in a new tab.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Galloism wrote:Now, in the old Jolt forum, if you clicked a link, it would open that link in a new tab, leaving the forum where it was.

Thanks~

G.

That doesn't work with specific web browsers or types of mice.

What I suggest is right clicking (if you're computer is capable of that, most older Mac's arn't) and select "Open in new Window" or "Open in new Tab". I do that all the time.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:

Thanks~

G.

That doesn't work with specific web browsers or types of mice.

What I suggest is right clicking (if you're computer is capable of that, most older Mac's arn't) and select "Open in new Window" or "Open in new Tab". I do that all the time.

Ah, but it works in mine! Thanks guys! I'm too lazy to right click and go for menus. :P

*throws down a smoke bomb, and vanishes*
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon May 25, 2009 5:48 am

i would also like this change. it is quite annoying to have a link take me off the page im looking at.

knowing that it can be done by menu is not the same thing as always right clicking on a link.
whatever

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon May 25, 2009 8:55 am

In most browsers you can use CTRL+Click to open the external page in a new window or tab. But I would be in favour of some code tweaking to allow opening external pages in a new tab by default.

Return to Technical