NATION

PASSWORD

About This Forum

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry
 
Posts: 15007
Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: About This Forum

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Ruana wrote:After eons away, I have finally come back and found that not only has my Region had changed [progress is good], but so had Nations States forum. So far I like it. I have no complaints whatsoever. Nice job.

I have to admit, I do think it is going to be a great summer for me with this, once the forum login timing issues are out of the way.

User avatar
Kroando
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 378
Founded: Feb 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Kroando » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but the link to the old Jolt forums has disappeared from my sidebar? This wouldn't be a problem, except for some reason I can only log in to Jolt from that link.
Imperial Koalition of Kroando Factbook
KroTech
Casualties Guide
Head of Government. Lord Protector Evix Malthus
Adjective. Kroandon

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 29002
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Re: About This Forum

Postby Reploid Productions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm

The Powers That Be are trying to steer people away from Jolt! :p

Seriously though, you can login to Jolt by going here. I suspect that with the Jolt link removed from the page, that activity there is going to drop off though.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Kroando
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 378
Founded: Feb 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Kroando » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Agh, still can't login. For some reason when I type in my username and password, it says 'Welcome, Logging in', then when the page resurfaces, I am not logged in. Anyways, I thought about moving over here to RP, but the quality is, for lack of a better word... not good from what I've seen.
Imperial Koalition of Kroando Factbook
KroTech
Casualties Guide
Head of Government. Lord Protector Evix Malthus
Adjective. Kroandon

User avatar
Tolvan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: Jan 16, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Tolvan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Kroando wrote:Agh, still can't login. For some reason when I type in my username and password, it says 'Welcome, Logging in', then when the page resurfaces, I am not logged in. Anyways, I thought about moving over here to RP, but the quality is, for lack of a better word... not good from what I've seen.


Considering that the Jolt forums are nearly dead, the RPing there is your only real choice. Besides, I've noticed some improvement in the quality as of late.
The Commonwealth of Tolvan
Capital: Brayton
Population: 775,561,271
Head of State: His Majesty King Samuel III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Sir Tyler Hutchins
List of Colonies:
The Antilles (The Caribbean)
Namibia (Southwester Africa)
Al-Huabid (North Africa)
The Togora Islands (South Pacific)

User avatar
[violet]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15576
Founded: Antiquity

Re: About This Forum

Postby [violet] » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Kroando wrote:Hey I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but the link to the old Jolt forums has disappeared from my sidebar? This wouldn't be a problem, except for some reason I can only log in to Jolt from that link.

From the News page:
Max Barry wrote:The new forum has officially passed its load test—thanks to everyone who helped put it through its paces! There are still a few tweaks to be made, but since it's in pretty good shape, we're peeling off the "BETA" tag.

The old Jolt forum isn't moving, but will be no longer linked from the sidebar. A permanent link to it can be found here.


The Jolt login problems I believe are due to Jolt shifting their domain -- they posted a sticky announcing problems affecting all their users, requiring you to visit a new URL. (I am very glad I no longer have to run around trying to figure out how to fix Jolt's self-induced forum breakages...)

User avatar
Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry
 
Posts: 15007
Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: About This Forum

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:01 am

Well [violet], we made the right move just in time!

The WA forum over there is surely empty now.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21296
Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Qazox » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 pm

WHY are the posts jumping around once you go past 20 lines or so when posting?>

IT IS VERY :evil: annoying when you are trying to type, edit, copy or paste something, and the screen jumps up 5 line above where you are attempting to type, edit, copy or paste something.

I have heard from others that it happens to them as well, so it's not just me or my computer.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

User avatar
The_pantless_hero
Senator
 
Posts: 4302
Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby The_pantless_hero » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 am

Reploid Productions wrote:The Powers That Be are trying to steer people away from Jolt! :p

Too bad they didn't put a good forum in place to replace it.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

User avatar
[violet]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15576
Founded: Antiquity

Re: About This Forum

Postby [violet] » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Qazox wrote:WHY are the posts jumping around once you go past 20 lines or so when posting?>

IT IS VERY :evil: annoying when you are trying to type, edit, copy or paste something, and the screen jumps up 5 line above where you are attempting to type, edit, copy or paste something.

I have heard from others that it happens to them as well, so it's not just me or my computer.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but please post in Technical with more details (incl. which browser you use) and I'll check it out.

User avatar
Valipac
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1285
Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Valipac » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 pm

[violet] wrote:
Qazox wrote:WHY are the posts jumping around once you go past 20 lines or so when posting?>

IT IS VERY :evil: annoying when you are trying to type, edit, copy or paste something, and the screen jumps up 5 line above where you are attempting to type, edit, copy or paste something.

I have heard from others that it happens to them as well, so it's not just me or my computer.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but please post in Technical with more details (incl. which browser you use) and I'll check it out.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3629

Went ahead and did it for him, as I'm having the same difficulties too. It's rather hard to explain in detail, the location you are typing in just shifts randomly at times.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 29002
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Re: About This Forum

Postby Reploid Productions » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 am

It just dawned on me... do you have, say, a long post and then you use one of the formatting buttons in the top bunch of buttons to format something? Like bold text or an image or url? I noticed on longer posts when I do that, the post view jumps back to the top of the post; and it seems to be a common nuisance on phpBB forums.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Valipac
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1285
Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Valipac » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 am

Reploid Productions wrote:It just dawned on me... do you have, say, a long post and then you use one of the formatting buttons in the top bunch of buttons to format something? Like bold text or an image or url? I noticed on longer posts when I do that, the post view jumps back to the top of the post; and it seems to be a common nuisance on phpBB forums.

No, I'll just be in the middle of typing a sentence and the cursor will suddenly move up a few lines.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 29002
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Re: About This Forum

Postby Reploid Productions » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Huh, weird, I haven't had that happen to me o_O
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71431
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Re: About This Forum

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Valipac wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:It just dawned on me... do you have, say, a long post and then you use one of the formatting buttons in the top bunch of buttons to format something? Like bold text or an image or url? I noticed on longer posts when I do that, the post view jumps back to the top of the post; and it seems to be a common nuisance on phpBB forums.

No, I'll just be in the middle of typing a sentence and the cursor will suddenly move up a few lines.


If you're on a laptop, it's because your wrist touched the touchpad.

That's happened to me a few times.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Valipac
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1285
Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Valipac » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:38 am

Galloism wrote:
Valipac wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:It just dawned on me... do you have, say, a long post and then you use one of the formatting buttons in the top bunch of buttons to format something? Like bold text or an image or url? I noticed on longer posts when I do that, the post view jumps back to the top of the post; and it seems to be a common nuisance on phpBB forums.

No, I'll just be in the middle of typing a sentence and the cursor will suddenly move up a few lines.


If you're on a laptop, it's because your wrist touched the touchpad.

That's happened to me a few times.

That very well could be the problem, lol. Time to get that usb keyboard I always wanted then, lol.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

User avatar
Sirocco
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 500
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: About This Forum

Postby Sirocco » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Unstickied. I think this thread's served it's purpose now.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allah Birds, Roavin

Advertisement

Remove ads