NATION

PASSWORD

AugustinAndroid v2 Public Release

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:33 pm

August wrote:Can this bot steal my nation?

No. The verification feature uses the NS API, with token authentication. It is not possible for a third party to impersonate you or steal your nation using this system.

Just a suggestion, because you're sending TGs to new founders. You need to clarify this in the Bot/Discord instructions. Game mods have had several concerned newbies who thought they were being phished.

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:22 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
August wrote:Can this bot steal my nation?

No. The verification feature uses the NS API, with token authentication. It is not possible for a third party to impersonate you or steal your nation using this system.

Just a suggestion, because you're sending TGs to new founders. You need to clarify this in the Bot/Discord instructions. Game mods have had several concerned newbies who thought they were being phished.
Roger, I will put more info in the telegram--something along the lines of "When you join this server, you will need to verify your nation. This process makes use of NationStates' built-in verification system, which can only verify that you own your account and cannot compromise the security of that account in any way."

That said, you would only think the verification process was phishing if you failed to notice the bot was linking to nationstates.net and/or failed to read the words on the verification page. People who cannot or do not read are unlikely to read my little disclaimer either.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

Courelli
Attaché

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Courelli » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:20 am

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:Sorry for the gravedig, but did the >verify command get removed? I can't seem to verify a nation anymore.

AugustinAndroid v2 has been replaced by AugustinAndroid v3, and as such, v2 no longer supports the >verify command. Still works on v3, at least when I tried a few minutes ago.
Last edited by Courelli on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Governor: Paolo Argentieri
Prime Minister: Elisabetta Di Martino
FA Minister: Emiliano Marsicano
WA Representative: Alessandra Borgese
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
Pronouns: he/him
Discord: @courelli

recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, 18th, & 23rd Delegate of The Social Liberal Union | Administrator of NSLeft | Co-Author of GA #459 | Co-Author of Issue 1558

Anaaxes wrote:imagine explaining to an alien child the concept of a birthday party fully hosted by Chuck E. Cheese himself, they would be mortified of our rituals

Rusticus I Damianus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusticus I Damianus » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:37 pm

Had the new bot been made? If so, where can I find the link to invite it to my server?
Anti-Communist, Anti-Fascist, Capitalist, Conservative, Free Trade, Imperialist, Libertarian, Monarchist, Raxulan, Religious, Separatist

DEUS NOSTER VIRTUS

Previous

Return to Technical