I am gradually working on setting it up for SSE and waiting for the next WA resolution to drop so I can switch all the resolution stuff to SSE, as I don't have an example of what it shows in the SSE data for that yet, except for the votes and such.
1. Realistically if "API Rate Limit: 50 requests per 30 seconds" is considered too high comparably with SSE, should we really follow "API Rate Limit: 50 requests per 30 seconds" for bot/script use, or use a lot higher limit if there is a request?
2. What technically should be phased out entirely or considered illegal for bot/script use regarding the shards and api.cgi requests in general?
Scenario 1: A discord bot/script uses https://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ap ... testlandia or https://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ap ... ted_realms. This I figure can be covered through the daily dumps + SSE as an updater. [But] If bot/script is offline for server maintenance, then a look up for nation or region would fail in the interval of time till the next daily dump. So potentially this is where the API still comes in use even with SSE in existence.
Scenario 2: A discord bot/script uses the cards api to look up a card for a user when they click a button. Potentially can put all the card seasons into a database like I do with daily dumps, then reference that, but it would require bot/script users to carry a lot more GBs on disk, especially as more card seasons come out over time.
Scenario 3: A discord bot/script uses the https://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ap ... =proposals, in order to collect the data for proposals that have dropped, and how quorum is going.
Scenario 4: A discord bot/script uses the https://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ap ... resolution, similar to 3, but with the exception of finding who has voted for/against the resolution as opposed to quorum.
Scenario 5: A discord bot/script allows a user to verify their nation, set an x auto login, and then push a button to do something like add/edit a dispatch with new content, look up/answer an issue, or adopt a resolution.
I already had a daily dumps + SSE set up in my own bot, and so it is just a painstaking process of going through and switching off anything that might have used the shards and such as a backup or data verify step.
These are the remaining bits of confusion I have even having read the API docs over, but otherwise really looking forward to what happens with the SSE.


