NATION

PASSWORD

Cards against Nationstates borked

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Your Imaginary Friend
Attaché

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Cards against Nationstates borked

Postby Your Imaginary Friend » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,

Recently got a CaN game going but it was crazily messed up. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the time limits, or maybe just something won't let the card czar select choices? Anyway, would be appreciated if someone could check it out! :)
Managing Director, Lazarus
Also known as Sylven in another life...

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm

I just had a run it seemed to work. Can you provide more detail, and your browser/device details?

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:11 pm

I could try.
The big (not) gay

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:17 am

Some of us in TNP had a similar issue happen a couple of weeks ago. Despite creating multiple games (by different people), none of the card czars were able to select a card (and the position rotated between all three of us).

I am using Opera on my Mac.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Your Imaginary Friend
Attaché

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Your Imaginary Friend » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:53 am

Praeceps wrote:Some of us in TNP had a similar issue happen a couple of weeks ago. Despite creating multiple games (by different people), none of the card czars were able to select a card (and the position rotated between all three of us).

I am using Opera on my Mac.

^ This - It'd just go through saying "the last card czar took too long to decide" and then move to the next but not allow them to do anything as their time died and a repeat would happen.

I use Firefox on a Lenovo with a linux mint boot disk.
Managing Director, Lazarus
Also known as Sylven in another life...

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:37 pm

Is additional information required? Would be great to have this feature back if possible.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 pm

I checked again and it still works fine for me on both Chrome and Firefox.

I wouldn't be shocked if Opera doesn't work, or older versions of the above browsers. Also possibly if you're running some kind of ad blocker or similar browser mod that interferes with loading, that might break it.

If you encounter problems, please let me know which browser/device version you're using. If you can open your browser Console (usually Control + Shift + J) and paste any red error text you see there, that would be useful, too.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical