NATION

PASSWORD

Repealing Legislation

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
New Helliania
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 07, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Repealing Legislation

Postby New Helliania » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 am

I wonder if maybe this shouldn't be a possibility - to repeal decided issues? The reason I say this is because sometimes the Debate options aren't very clear and I decide things I did not intend. I understand the idea of Living with the consequence, but laws get repealed all the time IRL.

Maybe not choosing until you get what you want, no but once repealed the choice goes away, or having a consequence for Repeal & only allowing a person to repeal a decision in a specific time limit?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Gandoor
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Gandoor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 pm

I mean while you can't explicitly go back and change a specific choice you chose when answering an issue at a specific instance, literally every effect an issue choice may have on your nation can be altered/reversed by answering other issues (and even a different choice in the same issue, since issues do repeat), although some may take more time than others to reverse.

Same with policies, just as there are issues that can enact a policy on your nation, there are issues that can repeal that policy.
Flag is currently Candelilla and Luckyuro from Zyuden Sentai Kyroryuger
I'm female.
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
TGs are welcome

New Helliania
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 07, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Helliania » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

See, I didn't realize that. I knew Decisions can undo previous ones, but I didn't know that issues repeat. I thought once it was done you don't get it again

Bears Armed
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:50 am

New Helliania wrote:See, I didn't realize that. I knew Decisions can undo previous ones, but I didn't know that issues repeat. I thought once it was done you don't get it again

Hah!
When the game started there were only 30 [or 31?] issues, so even at the original maximum of 2 per day they'd have run out verrry quickly if they couldn't repeat...

Note also that choosing certain options fora few issues automatically makes your next issue one with an option that let you reverse the previous decision... but people have to write those, and persuade the editors that adding them would be worthwhile, neither of which is necessarily easy...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

Lord Dominator
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
New Helliania wrote:See, I didn't realize that. I knew Decisions can undo previous ones, but I didn't know that issues repeat. I thought once it was done you don't get it again

Hah!
When the game started there were only 30 [or 31?] issues, so even at the original maximum of 2 per day they'd have run out verrry quickly if they couldn't repeat...

Note also that choosing certain options fora few issues automatically makes your next issue one with an option that let you reverse the previous decision... but people have to write those, and persuade the editors that adding them would be worthwhile, neither of which is necessarily easy...

However, the majority of major choices do have reversals to my knowledge, and the number that don't is diminishing at a decent rate.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Lieutenant and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

Return to Technical