NATION

PASSWORD

Forum sig marquee [SUGGESTION]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aeisonia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Forum sig marquee [SUGGESTION]

Postby Aeisonia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 am

So I was thinking that it would be cool to have a marquee for sig purposes on the forums, to do better new headlines and stuff.

If you can’t implement it, it’s cool. Just a suggestion.
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↓ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG - 0.00%
PAS ↓ 1.23%
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OFFICIAL AEISONIAN YOUTUBE CHANNEL! HELP ME BEAT NEW QUEBEC TO 10 SUBS! MORE INFO BELOW!

"Glorious Aeisonia!"
By The Aeisonia State Culture Commission

Aeisonia! Our golden soil shines so bright!
Aeisonia! Citizens filled with joyous delight!
Aeisonia! The President leads the fight!
Aeisonia! We will not go quietly into the night!
GLORY TO AEISONIA!

Gandoor
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 am

Like a moving marquee?

Yeah I think the last thing the site staff want is for players to be able to have ANYTHING moving and distracting in their signature.

Hell, speaking for me, I know that IF this was implemented I would immediately turn off all signatures on all my accounts just to not see one at all.
Flag is currently Candelilla and Luckyuro from Zyuden Sentai Kyroryuger
I'm female.
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
TGs are welcome

Bears Armed
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am

Gandoor wrote:Like a moving marquee?

Yeah I think the last thing the site staff want is for players to be able to have ANYTHING moving and distracting in their signature.

But isn't that already possible? I think that I've seen a few sigs here with moving "news".
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 am

Aeisonia wrote:So I was thinking that it would be cool to have a marquee for sig purposes

Not "no", but "HELL NO!" There's a reason it was deprecated in broswers by the W3C in 2014. It's friggin' annoying. It belongs on your GeoCities or MySpace page, not anything modern.

Bears Armed wrote:But isn't that already possible?

The [pre] tag shows a box with a slider if the content is too long for one line. Personally I don't care for that in sigs either, but my opinion doesn't rule.

Sigs are for very brief information, and should not contain extraneous material like national news that shows up under EVERY FRIGGIN' POST.

Return to Technical