NATION

PASSWORD

Forum sig marquee [SUGGESTION]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aeisonia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Forum sig marquee [SUGGESTION]

Postby Aeisonia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 am

So I was thinking that it would be cool to have a marquee for sig purposes on the forums, to do better new headlines and stuff.

If you can’t implement it, it’s cool. Just a suggestion.
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↑ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG ↑ 3.00%
PAS ↑ 1.23%
Post-societal-collapse authoritarian corporate cyberpunk hell

This nation is a perfect representation of my views.

"Dissent? Crushed. Human Rights? Never existed. Opposing countries? Obliterated. Godmodders? Hung from a streetlamp. Minorites? Forced to the dig their own graves and shot. Your sole purpose in life? Spend money, procreate, and die. Hotel? Trivago." -Neos Realm

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMgRvlphJ4

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 am

Like a moving marquee?

Yeah I think the last thing the site staff want is for players to be able to have ANYTHING moving and distracting in their signature.

Hell, speaking for me, I know that IF this was implemented I would immediately turn off all signatures on all my accounts just to not see one at all.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am

Gandoor wrote:Like a moving marquee?

Yeah I think the last thing the site staff want is for players to be able to have ANYTHING moving and distracting in their signature.

But isn't that already possible? I think that I've seen a few sigs here with moving "news".
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 am

Aeisonia wrote:So I was thinking that it would be cool to have a marquee for sig purposes

Not "no", but "HELL NO!" There's a reason it was deprecated in broswers by the W3C in 2014. It's friggin' annoying. It belongs on your GeoCities or MySpace page, not anything modern.

Bears Armed wrote:But isn't that already possible?

The [pre] tag shows a box with a slider if the content is too long for one line. Personally I don't care for that in sigs either, but my opinion doesn't rule.

Sigs are for very brief information, and should not contain extraneous material like national news that shows up under EVERY FRIGGIN' POST.

Return to Technical