NATION

PASSWORD

Economic Efficiency Rating

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13507
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Economic Efficiency Rating

Postby United Dependencies » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 pm

So as I am currently reading this, there are currently 11,696 nations who are at 100 economic efficiency and are all tied for first. Is this rating supposed to be used for comparison with other nations? Is it possible that the scale needs adjustment?

What exactly is this metric supposed to be capturing?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
-- Abraham Lincoln

Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7836
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:51 pm


User avatar
Marxist Germany
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1294
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:44 am

Does anyone know when the beta will be released? It has been on last call for months.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, and GA#470

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Extreme Progressivism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.
A high school student aged 15 from Ireland, living in Co. Dublin. Interested in politics, gaming, and history.

User avatar
Krusavich
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Krusavich » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 am

I think at this point the betas are vaporware. These things have been ready to release for well over a year now with no signs of an actual implementation.

Either they're going to see a massive overhaul in the future, or the devs just don't have time anymore for developing.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2201
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Krusavich wrote:I think at this point the betas are vaporware. These things have been ready to release for well over a year now with no signs of an actual implementation.

Either they're going to see a massive overhaul in the future, or the devs just don't have time anymore for developing.

Some betas have been implemented. The current ones have been stalled for months, yes, but you have no idea what snags the team has hit behind the scenes (nor do I) and no idea how much time they have for new development. I'm as ready as you are, but patience must prevail.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Krusavich
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Mar 19, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Krusavich » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Phydios wrote:Some betas have been implemented. The current ones have been stalled for months, yes, but you have no idea what snags the team has hit behind the scenes (nor do I) and no idea how much time they have for new development. I'm as ready as you are, but patience must prevail.



It has been closing on two years now for most of the betas. You're absolutely correct that we do not and cannot know what's going on behind the scenes - but this is still a massive time gap for changes that we can already see the results of readily.

I also find it humorous to visit those beta discussion threads to find that most of the commenting nations don't even exist anymore. The implementation period has outlived a good chunk of its verbal supporters.

User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13507
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Trotterdam wrote:See here.

Thanks!
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
-- Abraham Lincoln

Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads