NATION

PASSWORD

Telegrams and Scripts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Club Lux
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Telegrams and Scripts

Postby Club Lux » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 pm

I know that scripts can't interact with the telegram page, but can they be used to make it easier to get to the telegram page? For example, could I have a script that makes it so that when i click a link on the activity page, I go to their telegram page? Or can I move the telegram button to the top of the nation page? What all is or isn't allowed when it comes to telegrams? I already can't recruit any faster due to the popup that says it's trying to stop me from spamming, so I was just wondering if there was a way to spare my fingers even slightly.

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:12 am

If you're looking for a complete automated telegram solution, it's worth looking at Souls' guide:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=350586

More specific to your questions:
Browsing to page
https://www.nationstates.net/page=compo ... o=Club_Lux
is just following a link to a valid URL. Whether automated or not, that's not "performing a restricted action".

Read
viewtopic.php?p=16394966#p16394966
"However, a tool that makes ban buttons appear on pages where they aren't normally present is legal, as this requires a user's click to change anything in the gameworld.'
That suggests that moving the button to the top of the page is acceptable. But automated pressing of the button isn't.

I'd strongly recommend using the API for telegrams. Check out Souls' dispatch first before writing your own.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Club Lux
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Club Lux » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm

All Wild Things wrote:If you're looking for a complete automated telegram solution, it's worth looking at Souls' guide:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=350586

More specific to your questions:
Browsing to page
https://www.nationstates.net/page=compo ... o=Club_Lux
is just following a link to a valid URL. Whether automated or not, that's not "performing a restricted action".

Read
viewtopic.php?p=16394966#p16394966
"However, a tool that makes ban buttons appear on pages where they aren't normally present is legal, as this requires a user's click to change anything in the gameworld.'
That suggests that moving the button to the top of the page is acceptable. But automated pressing of the button isn't.

I'd strongly recommend using the API for telegrams. Check out Souls' dispatch first before writing your own.

I do already run an API, but manual has a higher conversion rate in my experience. I was pretty sure that it wouldn't be breaking any rules (and thank you for giving me a second opinion on it, I appreciate it) but I've seen some weird rulings by the admin about things like this so I figured it might be better to check with them

Club Lux
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Club Lux » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:34 am

Uhhh bump?

I know you can't touch the Telegram page/area itself with a script, but would a script that saves me a click or two and takes me straight to the TG page be allowed? Based on prior rulings I would think so but I'd appreciate some confirmation

Return to Technical