NATION

PASSWORD

N-Day on Sept 26?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Flanderlion wrote:Just want to say, depending on the difficulty the recaptcha has with multiple nations there shouldn't be a significant advantage given to impaired users. I'm hoping for literally every N day action once over 10, and scaling down to near 0 for a single nation who only does something once every few hours. In that case, something like 1.5 * max penalty should be the max of unthrottled nations given, so that there is no disadvantage, but the advantage given isn't gamebreaking.

If it's just as annoying as last year, I might be able to use it with 2 computers and 3 or 4 chrome tabs. Is botting such a major issue that it even requires these checks though?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:For every single one of my puppets? I like to use around 40 puppets on n-day.
Trotterdam wrote:If you have a valid reason for having trouble with botchecks (besides being a bot), then you can file a GHR to receive an exemption.

While trying to remember how to do this, I ran across [violet]'s post limiting it to five puppets.
[violet] wrote:I can manually exempt you from the botcheck. I recall that last time, though, you (? or someone) sent in a very long list of puppets, which was impractical to vet manually. I can do it for a reasonable number, like five or less.

GVH, I'm certain we've done the exemption for your five. They don't expire.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:For every single one of my puppets? I like to use around 40 puppets on n-day.

While trying to remember how to do this, I ran across [violet]'s post limiting it to five puppets.
[violet] wrote:I can manually exempt you from the botcheck. I recall that last time, though, you (? or someone) sent in a very long list of puppets, which was impractical to vet manually. I can do it for a reasonable number, like five or less.

GVH, I'm certain we've done the exemption for your five. They don't expire.

I've no idea which ones those 5 are, and others use large numbers of puppets. I'm not the only person on the site who does this.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:37 pm

I must have had such a fun time I forgot about the bot checks...
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:21 am

Fauxia wrote:I must have had such a fun time I forgot about the bot checks...
The bot checks weren't so bad IRRC. I hope they haven't made them deliberately obnoxious though.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:39 am

Aclion wrote:
The bot checks weren't so bad IRRC. I hope they haven't made them deliberately obnoxious though.

It'd be really useful if one could join a faction leading up to n-day. That way if the bot checks were being a pain it wouldn't be so time-consuming for the actual day.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:39 am

Aclion wrote:

I kind of hope they make them scaling up to deliberately obnoxious.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical