NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Althaniq
Civilian

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Althaniq » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:08 pm

We deny any allegations of funding terrorism or totalitarian behavior

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Jutsa wrote:Now, I wonder what makes option 3 not visible to everybody... :?
Nothing.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:34 pm

oh. wow. :rofl:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Just a quick reminder that we're still looking for 091.4, 114.2, 324.3, 325.3, 502.3, 626.2, 717.3, 848.3, possibly 850.4, 851.4, 857.3, possibly 858.5, all of 861, and most of 862. :P
(yes I did copy/paste from another post)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 pm

#127:
Jutsa wrote:2. "I can't believe I'm hearing this!" yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, a wizened octogenerian. "We have our rights! You can't do that to us! What utter rubbish about our pensions! I can hardly survive on the paltry number of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ I get each week! If anything, we should get more money! If you're so worried about low death rates, then just cut the healthcare budget to make up for the loss!"
This option has been split into two:
2. "I can't believe I'm hearing this!" yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, a wizened octogenerian. "We have our rights! What utter rubbish about our pensions; I can hardly survive on the paltry number of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ I get each week. If anything, we should get more money. And after the BILLIONS of workhours I put in for @@NAME@@, it's the least the government could do in return."

3. "Well, you know, there is another way," suggests @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, your sleaziest budget analyst. "To appease the elderly lobby, you could increase the pension fund by cutting the healthcare budget. That way higher death rates will compensate for the more generous pensions. In fact, with fewer pensioners to support, slashing healthcare could be the fastest way to build up a budget surplus." She smiles menacingly.
Someone appears to have reported option 3 before, but forgot to report the changes to option 2.

(Option 3 was listed in the spoiler thread as always being female rather than using a random gender, probably because it was added before we had pronoun macros, so I kept it that way. I got a female name too.)

I did not get the immigration option (5) on this nation, presumably because I already have very open immigration policies (and had chosen that exact option before).

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Added 863 and what we have of 862( plus a stage for 861's setup). Thank you. :)

Edit: Right - also updated 127. :P
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Oh great, I just finish it and the next thing I see is this issue for my nation. :rofl:

#862 again and anyone who finds this issue, please report it again :3

(Same as before) Proportional representation was instituted in the name of electoral fairness, but within that system it is far harder for any single party to establish an absolute majority of seats. Now, the General Election result is in, and your party has outperformed all others, but with less than 50% of the total popular vote. However, a coalition with one of the smaller and less popular parties would let you form a majority government, but only if you can agree to a deal.

1. “Give us a slice of the action,” smiles Communist Party Chair Ella Juran, placing a small iced sponge cake in front of you, and cutting herself the merest sliver. “We’re not expecting you to end capitalism. We just want a little bit more wage equality and free market regulation.”

3. “All we ask is that you close the doors to those filthy immigrants!” spits Jutsaish Nationalist Jiang Räikkönen, seemingly disgusted by the colour of the dessert in front of him. “They’re stealing our jobs and using up our resources! Put Jutsa first! Then, we’ll promise to support you on every other thing.”

4. “Why not ally with a party that has no interest in ruling?” asks Libertarian Nosipho Wright, who has brought her own strawberry cupcake, and doesn’t look keen to share. “All we want is for you to shrink government a little bit, with the exception of police and military budgets. Then, we can support your new, leaner administration.”

8. “Just an observation, but if we had a more traditional first-past-the-post system then you’d have a majority government with no coalition needed,” comments Party Whip Wil Edwards, smooshing together the remaining slices into one big slice and shoving it in his mouth. “Letsh go back to that shysh-tem, and shend theshe ex-shtremists to the fringesh.”

9. “Oh... no cake left,” says one of your glummest but most loyal MPs, trying to gather up some of the crumbs. “Well, I know it’s a bit of a downer, but why don’t we just form a minority government? We can seek support on individual bills and votes as we go. I mean, there’s always someone who wants something, and if you’re careful you can always cut a deal somewhere.”

So now, all we need are options 5, 6, and 7. :P
Also, I'm nearly certain that option option 3's speaker's name's fixed, given it's an isolationist nationalist with a super foreign name. :lol:

TO ANYONE WHO'S PART OF NS INDEX: Idk how to help out directly, so here's an effect line for you - more specifically, for option 4. :P
the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Jutsa wrote:TO ANYONE WHO'S PART OF NS INDEX: Idk how to help out directly, so here's an effect line for you - more specifically, for option 4. :P
the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing
#862 Friends Close, Enemies Closer
1. @@LEADER@@ seems to wear red a lot these days
2. communists in @@NAME@@ note that wealth should be equal but that some should have more of that equality than others
3. a giant 'No Entry' sign is being erected at the borders of @@NAME@@
4. the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing
5. many believe that @@LEADER@@ rules by divine right
6. manufacturers are annoyed that they're not allowed to dump industrial waste into the nearest lake any more
7. each infantry rifle comes pre-loaded with a single white carnation in the barrel
8. the government has declared that too much democracy gets in the way of sensible leadership
9. government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support'

You were saying?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:30 pm

... maaaaaan you're good. :blink:

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Trott is secretly an editor, that's how he gets all this stuff.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 pm

I spotted a mistake in here. 001.3 only appears in nations where same-sex marriage is illegal. 001.1 always appears, unless divorce is already illegal (I would assume)
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Did you mean to put this in a different thread? :P

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Jutsa wrote:Did you mean to put this in a different thread? :P
No, on your list

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Oh... right. Thanks. :rofl:

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:43 am

Another typo on this list- it still says “Shen Yuanian” not @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ in the opening of 863

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:11 am

Confound it; I thought I got them all. :lol:

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 am

Jutsa wrote:Confound it; I thought I got them all. :lol:

*<hands Jutsa a new supply of pokeballs>*
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:01 pm

#038 2 is not available to communist nations. No replacement.

Absolute Communism1
Civilian

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Absolute Communism1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Out With the Old

The Issue

Since you introduced a mandated age of death for your populace, argument has raged about the most seemly way for the elderly to be dispatched.

The Debate

1.“Let’s just do it simply,” states Logan Nolan, who celebrates his twenty-first birthday today. “Upon their last day, the dawn of their sixty-fifth birthday, everyone will walk into a House of Eternal Sleep, take leave of their loved ones and be euthanised with pleasure-inducing chemicals, to the soundtrack of their choice. And seeing as you’ll have the facility built, you should also offer euthanasia to anyone else who wants or needs it.”

2.“And suppose some selfish individualists don’t turn up?” questions Ida-Chloe Levine, toying with a metallic bracelet on her wrist. “Society must force people to make the right choice. Dose the nation’s drinking water with a toxin, but give all citizens a daily ‘vitamin’ dose that contains a 24-hour antidote. When it’s their ‘perfect day’, you simply cut off their antidote supply.”

3.“Force is entirely unnecessary,” soothes Alda Huxtable, showing off her tanned legs in a pair of white shorts. “People just need a little death-conditioning. If we teach young children that death is to be embraced, like any other natural process, we truly shall see the dawn of a brave new world. And then no-one shall fear their appointed day: slipping away in a quiet room, with drugs pumping through their veins and the TV blaring as they sip their final drinkie-poos. What spiffing fun!”

4.“No, you can’t have...” gasps Leroy Hendrikson, your private secretary who turns sixty-five next month. “I thought that was some kind of misprint. Don’t you realise the kind of experience you’re losing when you kill the old people? Not just someone who’s been there and done it, but an ear to listen no matter what mistake you’ve made or which country you’ve invaded. Besides, if you kill me, who’ll care for my grandkid in the evenings? Well, I just wouldn’t like to be there if you have to tell that little boy you’ve killed his grandparent.”

Issue by The Theocracy of The Free Joy State

Edited by Candlewhisper Archive

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

We already have a reversal issue for this, and what you're doing is not interesting enough to share space with it.

Some very brief commentary, though:

Option 1 and 3 are doing almost the same thing.

You're missing effect lines.

You realize that option 2 would lead to a huge black market, right? (Assuming it's even viable.)

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Trotterdam wrote:We already have a reversal issue for this, and what you're doing is not interesting enough to share space with it.

Some very brief commentary, though:

Option 1 and 3 are doing almost the same thing.

You're missing effect lines.

You realize that option 2 would lead to a huge black market, right? (Assuming it's even viable.)
Ummm... wrong thread?

Why does no one quote anyone?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Right thread but I think Trotterdam misunderstands - this is an added issue, not a draft. :rofl:
(unless you knew that and you're just making fun of it)

afaic, it's good enough - while it does offer a reversal, it's a very different topic.
(I still don't know why we have #564 and #843, tbh)
Last edited by Jutsa on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Upon their last day, the dawn of their sixty-fifth birthday, everyone will walk into a House of Eternal Sleep, take leave of their loved ones and be euthanised with pleasure-inducing chemicals, to the soundtrack of their choice.

I can't tell you how wholesome and depressing this is.

Also, what even is option 2? :rofl:

And yeah option 3's very similar to option 1, my word :P

And option 4 - yeah that's also wholesome and depressing.

Why have you editors done this to us? :rofl:
Last edited by Jutsa on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Oops. :oops:

It looked like a draft.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm

I mean, I'm a little surprised it was in fact added to the game as it is, tbh, but what's done is done. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?