NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:49 am

Valentine’s Changelog 022

I am the very model of a Modern Issues Editor! I've studied the issues, authors and editors left right and center! *

Added the rest of the issues! ^^

Changes made to the threads can be seen here.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Paffnia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Paffnia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am

I got the missing option (internal number 1) on #1381, difference with internally numbered option 0 in red:

“Ah, the capitalist pigs have arrived!” smirks East Lebatuckese Chairman Joseph Rushev, who was handing out hammer-and-sickle pins to the local residents. “The proud workers of San Vitenzo are tired of putting up with imperialist harassment. Stationing our nuclear weapons here liberates them from the threat of outside interference. With our support and protection, San Vitenzo can divert funding from their military to schools, roads, and other infrastructure. Now kindly remove yourselves from this island before you get into any trouble — and take your navy with you.”
Former Delegate of 10000 Islands
Knight of TITO

WA Ambassador: Joakim Metyhap
Paffniac Factbook
Author, SC #93: Commend The Featured Region Followers, Issue #1479: Fares Fair?
Commended by SC #276

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:38 am

Another unreported issue I got on my main nation! Custom fields were replaced with their respective macros, although the name Seth Blather is quite obviously not random. I don't think there's any hidden option either, internal numbers were 0, 1, 2.

#1426: She’s a Keeper [Honeydewistania and Australian rePublic, ed: Electrum]

The Issue

A recent top division women’s football match set the lowest all-time attendance record of just five people.

The Debate

1. “Women’s football is losing the federation a lot of money,” sighs @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ Football Federation president Seth Blather as he polishes his pricey Spinex watch. “It’s a catch-22. No one wants to watch women’s football because it is lower quality, but we can’t invest in player development without a paying audience. The whole industry will collapse without government funding. We’ll use the money to develop grassroots sport, hire professional managers, and fund executive team incentives every time we meet ambitious targets such as doubling attendance in women’s matches. What were the attendance numbers again?”

2. “The government should discourage girls playing boy sports and the other way around!” suggests an acne-ravaged teenager, who has enough oil on his face to justify an invasion from the United Federation. “For example, football and @@ANIMAL@@ball are for men while beach volleyball and foxy boxing are for women. After all, nobody’s going to pay to watch tomboys playing a man’s game or some effeminate blokes throwing around a netball like an idiot.”

3. “Why don’t we force professional sporting leagues to schedule men’s and women’s doubleheaders for every match?” proposes your Minister of Alternative Solutions, who is scrubbing the office toilet with a sponge attached to a drill after he used your toilet brush as a replacement for a missing door stop. “That way, we’ll fix the attendance problem, men and women can split the revenue equally, and sports fans get double the action! What could go wrong?”
Last edited by Giovanniland on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Paffnia
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Paffnia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:52 pm

I also got the missing option (internal number 0) on #1383:

“Good morning! Are you ready to make history? Let me just get my ceremonial signing pen.” Rushev reaches into his coat pocket and removes not a pen, but a Maxarov pistol, which he points directly at your chest. “Have you noticed that world leaders like ourselves never get frisked for weapons? I can’t remember the last time I had to go through a metal detector. Seems like a security flaw, don’t you think? Well, I digress. I hope you didn’t actually expect me to remove my own missiles. You see, I didn’t get to be Chairman of East Lebatuck by giving up power every time I had a disagreement with someone. Real leaders do whatever it takes to seize power and claw our way to the top. Of course, I hope you understand that this isn’t personal — it’s just politics. As soon as you’re dead...” Suddenly, the window shatters as James Bont crashes into the room in a hail of glass fragments, closely followed by his @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ flag parachute. Bont quickly fires a miniature grappling hook from his wristwatch, which latches onto Rushev’s pistol and pulls it out of his hand. “I hope you don’t mind me dropping in, boss. Your aide pressed the panic button — and I see that mister Commie in Chief is up to his old tricks. Well, here’s how it’s going to go, Rushev. I secretly removed a warhead from one of your nuclear missiles and handed it off to one of my colleagues in East Lebatuck. He has hidden it in your capital city, ready for detonation at a moment’s notice. Either you sign that agreement and follow through with each of its terms, or your ‘glorious worker’s paradise’ is going to be a victim of your own hubris. Are we clear?” Rushev nods and quickly scribbles his name on the agreement. “Good. Now get out of here and don’t threaten @@NAME@@ ever again, or your capital will become a radioactive crater faster than you can say ‘Marxist class struggle’.” Bont turns toward you as Rushev and his aide scurry out of the room. “Let’s go home, shall we?”

This option does not include the clause "which include some generous financial aid for San Vitenzo," after "follow through with each of its terms."

Also, in the option you have listed already, my suspicion is that it is "@@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ flag parachute" (same as this new option), not "@@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ parachute" (which is what is recorded now).
Knight of TITO

Paffniac Factbook
Commended by SC #276

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:33 am

Paffnia wrote:Also, in the option you have listed already, my suspicion is that it is "@@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ flag parachute" (same as this new option), not "@@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ parachute" (which is what is recorded now).

Oh right, that "flag" bit also made it in, sorry about that. I will fix that in the next changelog, thanks for the heads-up! :D
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 am

#1427: May the Fourth Estate Be With You [Cretox State; ed: Electrum]
The Issue
All hail @@LEADER@@! As the nation enters yet another period of unbounded success, your infinitely dedicated and even more competently selected advisors are working hard to further consolidate your power, with counsel on how your flawless government should wield the undeniably correct state-run media.

The Debate
  1. “We must ensure that you are forever in people’s hearts and minds,” says your Minister of Truth, patriotically cutting traitorous ministers out of official photographs with a pair of safety scissors. “You must be referenced in every article of every publication. Also, the front pages of all the newspapers will now be dedicated exclusively to your life’s story, like the time you wrote a true crime novel at the age of four. Long live the @@TYPE@@!”
  2. “A glorious regime is nothing without its unrivaled military might!” declares Supreme Generalissimo Who Crushes Enemies Winston Perez, who’s had your back since the beginning. “Undying trust in our armed forces begets undying trust in you. We must use our media apparatus to tell wonderful yet plausible and completely correct tales of our military triumphs in faraway lands. Long live the @@TYPE@@!”
    Effect: the nation won three wars against Brancaland this weekend
  3. “We should make our populace learn to love you, not fear you, even though no sane person would ever fear you,” meekly suggests junior minister Calvin Watterson, cowering behind the Generalissimo. “If people are constantly reminded of the high standard of living the government provides for them, no one would dare question your authority.” He stares at the floor, waiting for the next speaker. “Oh! I almost forgot, sorry. Long live the @@TYPE@@.”
  4. “I say, your guidance has proven so potent that you no longer require the unnecessary burden of operating a state-run media,” says former media tycoon Imogen Dawson, choosing her words tactfully. “With your divine blessing, reintroducing privately operated media will demonstrate to our eternally grateful people that you hear the voices of others, however flawed those voices may be compared to yours. Long live and all that jazz.”

Names are likely randomly generated.
Last edited by Cretox State on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Paffnia
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Paffnia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Trotterdam wrote:#1405 2 has already been reported, with internal numbering checking. Do you mean option 5, maybe? (It differs by the previously-reported option 4 by omitting the "Yes, we would have done the same thing to them if it weren’t for that phone call from our secret agent").

This is correct:

1405, internally numbered option 4:
“Reparations! We’re not paying any stinkin’ reparations!” blusters Defense Minister Rolan Malinovich, who has turned a rather alarming shade of red. “Have you forgotten how they almost annihilated us? Yes, we definitely killed a bunch of their soldiers. What did they think would happen when they invaded our ally? This treaty is just a slap in the face — and we’re definitely not disarming or letting in waves of immigrants. You need to walk away from the negotiating table, and hit them with sanctions for good measure. They’re our enemy forevermore.”

Also, a few corrections to other MADness issues on the list:

#1379, Option 3: "the ‘@@ANIMAL Blues’" instead of "the ‘Rogue Mule Blues’"
#1385, Option 2: "the shopping district of @@CAPITAL@@ a while back" instead of "the shopping district of The First Congratulatory Union City a while back"
#1388: "targets throughout @@NAME@@" instead of "targets throughout The First Congratulatory Union"
#1402, Option 2: "don’t threaten @@NAME@@ ever again" instead of "don’t threaten @@NAE@@ ever again"
#1403: "near the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ coastline" instead of "near the EV0ian coastline"
#1403: "targets throughout @@NAME@@" instead of "targets throughout EV0"
#1403, Option 1: "@@CAPITAL@@ is finished" instead of "EV0 City is finished"
#1405, Option 1: "will be returned to @@NAME@@ unharmed" instead of "will be returned to EV0 unharmed"
#1405, Option 2: "‘Sweet Home @@CAPITAL@@’" instead of "‘Sweet Home EV0 City’"
#1405, Option 3: "settle in @@NAME@@" instead of "settle in EV0"
Last edited by Paffnia on Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight of TITO

Paffniac Factbook
Commended by SC #276

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Interesting. So #1405 does have one variant option, but not as many as #1390. Okay.

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 pm

The spoiler for issue #1365 shows option 2 as TBD. One of my puppets has received option 2, but not option 1. The text is identical to the text for option 1. The spoiler indicates that option 1 is conditional on having prisons, which would imply that option 2 is for nations without prisons. Unfortunately for that theory, my puppet which got the issue does have prisons, and further the phrase "send them straight to jail" is present in the text, without anything like a suggestion that such jails need to be constructed or reopened. Either option 1 is for nations which do not have prisons, or there is some other factor which determines which of the two options is presented. My puppet's script chose a different option, number 4 to be precise, so I have no information on whether the response for option 2 differs from that given on Trotterdam's website for option 1.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Unless the circumstances change, I'll unfortunately be unable to do any edits for at most 19 days.

I'm currently on my way back to my army camp, and I am most definitely not able to edit on my phone with full efficiency. ^^;

Thanks for understanding!

EDIT: Change of plans for the better. I still have weekends, so I am able to do edits during my weekends! :3
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:18 am

Rocain Founder wrote:The spoiler for issue #1365 shows option 2 as TBD. One of my puppets has received option 2, but not option 1. The text is identical to the text for option 1. The spoiler indicates that option 1 is conditional on having prisons, which would imply that option 2 is for nations without prisons. Unfortunately for that theory, my puppet which got the issue does have prisons, and further the phrase "send them straight to jail" is present in the text, without anything like a suggestion that such jails need to be constructed or reopened. Either option 1 is for nations which do not have prisons, or there is some other factor which determines which of the two options is presented. My puppet's script chose a different option, number 4 to be precise, so I have no information on whether the response for option 2 differs from that given on Trotterdam's website for option 1.

If you think the validity of an option is coded incorrectly, please raise it on this thread in future.

Neither of the options listed are dependent on not having prisons.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:10 am

The Free Joy State wrote:If you think the validity of an option is coded incorrectly, please raise it on this thread in future.

Neither of the options listed are dependent on not having prisons.

I have no reason to think there is an error in coding the issue. I do not know what the validities of the two options are (or are supposed to be), but I do know (and you have confirmed) that the spoiler's guess is incorrect.

I have set up my script to let me know if a puppet gets #1365 with option 1 present, in which case I can look for differences in the texts between 1 and 2 which might offer a clue as to the validities. Of course, there might not be any differences, which is what the currently available information leads me to suspect.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Just want to confirm for Gio that #1426.1 indeed is Seth Blather. I just got it on my nation, hehe.

Thanks for the original report! <3
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:02 am

One of my puppets has just received issue #1363, In My Defence, which as far as I can tell has not yet been reported. (Certainly there is no spoiler for it.) Here it is:

#1363 In My Defence

After a flashbang grenade was thrown through his bedroom window and his
front door was smashed open, National Rocket-launcher Association member
Karl Rolfe reached for his legally-owned semi-automatic shotgun, intending
to defend his home, and shot the first intruder he saw breaking into his
house. Unfortunately for him, the intruder was a police officer, actioning
a no-knock warrant at the head of a SWAT team. Later, it was found that
the warrant was issued on bad information, based on a fabricated set of
terrorism allegations by a vindictive ex-lover.

The Debate

1. “They called me a cop-killer!” weeps Rolfe, now sporting a black eye, a
broken arm and multiple taser burns. “I’m a law-abiding citizen! I love
the police; they’re the good guys! I swear, that’s what I’ve always
believed. The problem is these no-knock warrants being issued too easily —
I blame the lack of safeguards, not these fine upstanding officers who are
victims as much as I am! A system that requires a higher standard of
evidence before issuing no-knock warrants, that’s what we need. Oh gods,
please don’t send me back to that cell... Please.”

2. “Look, no-knock warrants are broadly useful tools of enforcement,” rebuts
police officer Preeti Freedom, lovingly stroking the butt of her rifle.
“They actually reduce the risk of violence because we can normally act
before perps get a chance to prepare any defence. Besides, we shouted
‘POLICE!’ just before we kicked his door in. Not our fault if he was
disorientated at the time. I reckon he knew he was shooting a cop, and
should be prosecuted for it.”

3. “I never expected anyone to get shot,” pouts the ex who made the false
allegations, wearing an expression of hurt innocence. “I just wanted Karl
to have a shock in the middle of the night, like I did that time he
staggered home at 2 am and threw up on my pillow. For that, he deserved a
rude awakening of his own! I think maybe people should be allowed to have
guns, but should only be allowed to use them for their jobs or in the
firing range. Idiotic use of firearms for so-called self-defence is just
macho posturing, and someone always gets hurt with macho posturing. Get
rid of the home defence laws!”

4. “People don’t kill people, guns do!” wails weeping liberal Yoshi Ford,
oblivious to the fact that his histrionically-waving arms have just
knocked one of your aides out of a third-floor window. “Not only should
private citizens not have guns, but the police shouldn’t have guns either!
In fact, I’m not even sure soldiers should carry guns! Guns are horrible
things and are the real bad guys here! Ban them all!”

Issue by The AI See You of Candlewhisper Archive

Edited by Candlewhisper Archive

The HTML for the issue reveals no gaps in the internal option numbers, which are 0, 1, 2, 3.

I have not noticed any localized macros here. I note that the word "Freedom" appears in my puppet's motto, and so the name "Preeti Freedom" may have had the last name as well as the first generated.

I have not answered the issue yet, and my script will not get to that point until tomorrow.

Racoda
Technical Moderator

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Racoda » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 am

Just wanted to clear up this with issue 1425: (highlighted it now, sorry for not being so clear in my original post!)
tl;dr: option listed as 3 is 4, they have a slight difference in wording
EDIT: I discovered I have the issue on several different puppets, with differing options, so I'll just post 3, 4 and 5 here:

3. Two brightly dressed tailors stumble into your office. “We’ve got just the thing for you, your mightiness! The greatest clothes in history, made just for your glorious self.” The first tailor flicks open a suitcase, revealing... nothing. “As you see, this fine cloth is lighter than air. Feel the fabric. Many have begged for it. Surely, oh intelligent one, you can feel the delicate weave? These clothes are the future! People will praise your forward-thinking. Don’t worry about the price; we’ll just forward our small fee to your accountant.”

4. Two brightly dressed men stumble into your office, with tailoring tape around their necks. “We’ve got just the thing for you, your mightiness! The greatest clothes in history, made just for your glorious self.” The first man flicks open a suitcase, revealing... nothing. “As you see, this fine cloth is lighter than air. Feel the fabric. It is too exquisite to waste on those buffoons at the RSCA72ian Clothing Council. Surely, oh intelligent one, you can feel the delicate weave? These clothes are the future! People will praise your forward-thinking. Don’t worry about the price; we’ll just forward our small fee to your accountant.”

5. “Malarkey! Why don’t you just dress like everyone else?” chimes your gardener through the window, watering the flowers on your desk along with everything and everyone in the room. “It’ll cost the taxpayer less, you’ll be more relatable, and you won’t need to fuss about all that fancy-schmancy stuff! Heck, why not encourage all government officials to wear clothes that are affordable to the average RSCA72ian!”

Eligibility for 4. seems to be either Feudalism or Socialism (I have both policies on the nation that got that option, Ruritane which first reported it also has both policies).

A missing option from 1143:
3. “Burglar Bill is awesome!” announces your brother, as he adds the latest addition to his Burglar Bill scrapbook, which he has had since he was a kid. “The daring break-in into parliament, avoiding the cops for four decades - this man knows his stuff! You should make Burglar Bill your Chief of Police; his inside knowledge of the criminal underworld makes him the perfect fit for the job.”

A missing option:
Additionally, the eligibility for 2. is definitely not "No prisons" but "No automobiles" (both nations that got it have cars banned, and the text contains "bicycles" instead of vans) :p
2. “An impartial and well-funded public broadcaster is essential to a democratic society,” says highly paid @@DEMONYMADJECTIVEINITIALS@@BC presenter @@RANDOMNAME@@, while she sips a fifty percent coconut milk decaf venti latte, no sugar and extra cream. “Most hardworking, decent people value and recognise the work we do. They get so many different services for their fees such as television channels, radio programmes, my expense acco - I mean, educational documentaries. I say toughen enforcement of the license fee with a fleet of television detector bicycles to catch fee evaders and send them straight to jail.”

Also a "missing" option:
This is just the already reported option but it's 2 instead of 1 (internal number 1)
2. “We can’t let the commies intimidate us!” declares Defense Minister Mack Rimera, who is pouring something from a flask into his morning coffee. “If they think we’re weak, they’ll just continue trying to take advantage of us at every opportunity. Have our flagship fire a warning shot across their bows and order East Lebatuck’s ships to turn around. If the enemy doesn’t comply, open fire and unleash hell.”

Racoda wrote:
Ruritane wrote:[…]
#1425 @@LEADER@@’s New Clothes

[…]

3. Two brightly dressed men stumble into your office, with tailoring tape around their necks. “We’ve got just the thing for you, your mightiness! The greatest clothes in history, made just for your glorious self.” The first man flicks open a suitcase, revealing... nothing. “As you see, this fine cloth is lighter than air. Feel the fabric. It is too exquisite to waste on those buffoons at the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ Clothing Council. Surely, oh intelligent one, you can feel the delicate weave? These clothes are the future! People will praise your forward-thinking. Don’t worry about the price; we’ll just forward our small fee to your accountant.”

[…]
However, the option listed as 4 is really 5.
And I suspect that the option listed as "3" is really 4.
Here is what I got (option numbers inspected from HTML):
#1425 @@LEADER@@’s New Clothes

[…]

3. Two brightly dressed tailors stumble into your office. “We’ve got just the thing for you, your mightiness! The greatest clothes in history, made just for your glorious self.” The first tailor flicks open a suitcase, revealing... nothing. “As you see, this fine cloth is lighter than air. Feel the fabric. Many have begged for it. Surely, oh intelligent one, you can feel the delicate weave? These clothes are the future! People will praise your forward-thinking. Don’t worry about the price; we’ll just forward our small fee to your accountant.”

[…]

Last edited by Racoda on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Acting as a player unless accompagnied by mod action or reddish text
Any pronouns

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 pm

One of my puppets has just discovered that issue #142 has a fourth option. (I note that Trotterdam's website is aware of the existence of this option, but this did not make it back to the spoilers.) Option 4 is a near-duplicate of option 3, and the differences make it clear that you get option 3 with Capitalism, and option 4 with Socialism. Here is the text of option 4.

4. “Why on Earth is it central government’s responsibility to build and maintain local roads?” asks Party Member @@RANDOMNAME@@. “Not all citizens need automobiles, you know. A worker assigned to a farming collective has no need to travel! If people want roads, then let the local collectives put their own sweat and toil into building them, raising funds for this locally. Leave the central government out of it!”

Here is the spoiler text for option 3 for comparison.

3. "Why on Earth is it the government's responsibility to build and maintain roads?" asks bicyclist @@RANDOMNAME@@, pausing for breath. "Not all citizens own automobiles, you know. The government should be trying to make life better for all, not just car owners! If people want roads, then let private industry build them, and they can charge tolls to the people who actually drive on them. Leave the government out of it!"
Last edited by Rocain Founder on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:25 pm

Racoda wrote:I can confirm this (including Salvatore Matei being a random (male?) name).

Seems to be so. I got "Pedro Falopian."
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:27 am

#1343: "Bruno Grieg" and "Hillary Murdoch" are both @@RANDOMNAME@@; I got Olivia Bacon and William Giono respectively. Ergo, "his" should read "@@HIS@@" throughout the issue's text. (The OP's list of random last names does need to be edited to include "Grieg" if this is indeed the case.)

The title of #1350 has been acknowledged in the OP as "The @@DEMONYMNOUNPLURAL@@ Are Coming!"; this has not, however, been reflected in its actual entry.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:16 am

Valentine’s Changelog 023

If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer!

- Resolved 0000 to 0025 on Git side (it has the content of 0026-0050 instead of 0000-0025).
- Added more issues.
- Fixed several macros.

Changes made to the threads can be seen here.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Racoda
Technical Moderator

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Racoda » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:15 am

#1143 2./3. : I don't think the eligibility is prisons/no prisons policy. I got option 3 on nations that all didn't have the "no prisons" policy. These were the only common policies at the time they received the issue with the third option:
Capitalism
Prohibition
Space Program

Acting as a player unless accompagnied by mod action or reddish text
Any pronouns

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:37 am

Has anyone confirmed #1143 even having an option 4? I don't see anyone reporting it in this thread.

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Issue #1028 has a fifth undocumented option. It is a slightly modified clone of option 4. It is pretty obvious that option 4 is for nations which allow immigration, and option 5 is for nations which ban it. Here is the last sentence of option 5, which is otherwise the same as option 4 (at least, as far as I can tell): "If we need more people, end the ban on immigration and grant each one of them citizenship."

Documentation of script inputs available if needed.

For once, this problem showed up in my own nation rather than in a puppet.

Rocain Founder
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 am

The long-lost option 2 of issue #591 has been found. It is a close duplicate of option 1, except that the phrase "I'm eighty-six; I'll be extinct in ten" has been replaced by "I’m fifty-five; the government will make sure I’m extinct in ten". In other words, option 2 is the one you get in place of option 1 if you've adopted geronticide.

The puppet that received this issue chose to dismiss it, so I have no information about whether the talking point is the same as for option 1, but I rather suspect it is.

Oysen Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Oysen Empire » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:24 pm

#1428: In the Bag

The Issue

A Bigtopian diplomatic bag was accidentally searched by customs officers, contrary to diplomatic conventions. Before the search was stopped, the bag was found to contain cocaine brownies, snortable marijuana, gold leaf toilet paper rolls, and jars of whale oil. Even though the bags were promptly handed over to the Bigtopian embassy, questions have been raised about this discovery.

The Debate

1. “This is the most obvious case of smuggling I’ve ever seen!” says customs officer Chun-Li Burns, oblivious to a man wearing a trenchcoat full of fake watches sneaking through the checkpoint behind him. “Those Bigtopians are abusing our trust by bringing in all manner of illegal items, and not paying duties on the legal ones. You need to punish the Bigtopians by expelling them immediately, even if it exposes us as breaking diplomatic conventions.”

2. “Why do we allow diplomatic bags anyway?” asks one of your aides. “Just treat embassy luggage the same as any other luggage, subject to the exact same rules and examination as everybody else’s bags.”

3. “While diplomatic bags aren’t meant to contain contraband, the greater fault is ours,” observes your Minister of Protocol. “To open a diplomatic bag — even accidentally — is a major breach of trust. Embassies being allowed to confidentially send documents and communications to their own governments is the basis of international diplomacy. Also, dare I say it, our own diplomatic bags carry sensitive information back to us from other nations which are critical to our intelligence community. Apologise to the Bigtopians, claim you didn’t look closely at the contents, and offer them a hefty payment in contrition for our impoliteness."

4. “The illegal products aren’t as important as the concealed intel,” agrees spymaster ‘N’, while searching your briefcase without permission. “Imagine the valuable intelligence we could find by covertly opening every country’s diplomatic bags. We could learn military secrets, along with the names of foreign spies within our country, then replicate their passports for espionage. We can blackmail couriers, walk them through hidden scanners, and employ tradecraft in other subtler ways to compromise the bags. It’s the right thing to do for our glorious @@TYPE@@.”

Issue by The All Time Favourite Republic of Indusse and The Gold and Silver Alloy of Electrum

Edited by Candlewhisper Archive

A problem with option one is that "Chun-Li" is a female name, so who is "him"?
Puppet of Voxija.

Pogaria
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pogaria » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Oysen Empire wrote:A problem with option one is that "Chun-Li" is a female name, so who is "him"?

I fixed it.
FYI: Pogaria is pronounced like puh-GAIR-ee-uh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?