NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah you’re right.

841 now, holy smokes
Last edited by Fauxia on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:43 am

#306's option 2 is a variant of option 1 for nations with no jails:
2. "Isn't it obvious?" states @@RANDOMNAME@@, host of a political talk show. "Politicians get away with things that would land us regular folk with a year of litter-picking in community service. Corruption, fraud; you name it, they do it - and with no consequences. How about you make it harder for them to get away with their crimes by enforcing tough punishments. Maybe then you'll earn back the public's trust."
The remaining options have been bumped up to 3-6.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 am

Updated! Many thanks. :D
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Celino and Barnes wrote:#841 Burn Noticed

The Issue

Due to a recent spate of acid attacks in @@CAPITAL@@, many @@DEMONYM@@ are calling upon you to face this growing problem.

The Debate

1.“You need to be exceptionally cruel to carry out these attacks,” observes Dr. @@RANDOMNAME@@, in a cold tone of voice. “A little human empathy would prevent these horrific premeditated crimes, but the monsters who perpetrate these crimes are inherently selfish, and can only understand their own pain, not that of others. So the solution is simple - if someone is convicted of carrying out an acid attack, then before you send them to prison, apply acid to their faces. I think if these evil folk know that they’ll be the ones feeling the burn, they’ll think twice before acting.”

2.“Take care of those already affected by acid attacks,” demands @@RANDOMNAME@@, an attack victim with a determined look in her eyes. “Our faces have been marred for the rest of our lives. I’ve had to face countless operations, and I’m still recovering from the trauma. Some victims have been blinded, some find it hard to get a job because people find it hard to look at them. The government should make sure to fund the surgeries and therapies that an acid victim needs. Economic and social discrimination against victims should be banned. And attackers, they should get life sentences in prison, since that’s what us victims experience.”

3.“The solution is as plain as the nose on my face,” proclaims @@RANDOMNAME@@, a plumber speaking to a crowd of acid attack victims. “The chemicals used in these attacks are very easy to access and obtain. Drain cleaner is the most commonly used fluid in these crimes, and it can be bought cheaply at the nearest store. Outlaw the possession of corrosive substances for everyone except for licensed tradesmen. If people need their pipes unclogged, they must call a professional to handle the situation.”

4.“Them harlots deserved it!” writes wanted criminal @@RANDOMNAME@@, in a childlike scrawl on bloodstained paper that arrived by old-fashioned post this morning. “Yes, I doused my daughter in acid, and I don’t feel any remorse! Woman have gotten too uppity, refusing the marriages we arrange for them, or cavorting in public with their naked arms and wanton smiles. Acid cleanses a woman of these wrongs, and reminds her daily of the consequences her unclean actions have wrought.”

Issue by The Jettatura of The Marsupial Illuminati

Edited by Candlewhisper Archive

I think this is the second South Asian-themed issue on here (#165 the one on arranged marriage arguably constitutes the first)
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:27 pm

It was already reported :unsure:

But thanks
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:37 am

South Asian themed?

In the UK at least, this is a problem that has no ethnic boundaries. That's pretty much why we decided to lose the anti-immigrant option of the draft.

If I were going to go with an issue that resonates heavily with problems in South Asian immigrants communities, I'd pick Dying For A Kiss.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:If I were going to go with an issue that resonates heavily with problems in South Asian immigrants communities, I'd pick Dying For A Kiss.
I always hated how that issue makes it out to be an immigrant deal. It's more of a problem in nations where it's native to the local culture rather than just some immigrants, and kicking them out of the country is in no way helping anyone when nobody other than the immigrants themselves was in any danger to begin with.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 am

Jutsa wrote:It's been reported; I just want to see if there are variant options. 3 and 4 seem pretty... privatized-industry-centric?

There's not. Although I see the point that it very well could have alternative versions for non-capitalist nations.

Koem Kab
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Koem Kab » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

833 Twitching Up A Storm

The Issue

After encouraging your cabinet to be on social media, Twitcher use has exploded. In a recent controversial Twit, Boutros Kettering, your Finance Minister, posted that “Eckie-Ecola soda tastes like parrot urine.” Since then, sales of Eckie-Ecola have gone flat and their stock prices have fizzled. The company is demanding an apology, and some on your staff are questioning the wisdom of all the social media usage.

The Debate

1.“Millions in profits lost!” moans Eckie-Ecola CEO Hayley Rifkin while opening a can of soda and ‘accidentally’ spraying fizz on your favorite portrait of yourself. “Thanks to your Finance Minister’s careless and totally wrong Twit, I’ve had to lay-off hundreds of workers. I demand an apology, on Twitcher, and compensation for my losses! In fact, I’ll go one step further and request that all politicians refrain from making these kinds of remarks on social media. Surely you people have more important things to do, like, I don’t know, running the nation?”

2.“I hate to admit it, Leader, but, uh... the CEO does have a bit of a p... point,” mumbles your junior aide Luke Young, nervously clutching a short straw. “You and the Cabinet, uh... maybe DO spend a tiny bit too much time on social media. While the Twits are, of course, hysterical and incredibly informative, they might be a tiny bit of a distraction. I think it might be a good idea to uhh... b... b... ban politicians, or at least high-ranking officials, from having social media accounts. I mean, it’s only a matter of time before one of them accidentally posts top-secret information online, right?”

3.“Now hold on there!” defensively interrupts Boutros Kettering, while simultaneously posting about the ‘nasty’ WhoTube comments section in his latest Twit. “Social media is great for politicians! It helps us connect with the electorate in a way our parents and grandparents never thought possible! Yes, some of us can get a little... irresponsible, but what about our freedom of speech, huh? Doesn’t that apply to us as well?”

4.“You know, this whole social media thing has got me thinking,” replies your Propaganda Minister, grinning from ear to ear. “You have hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitcher and MyFace, right? What if we used that to our advantage? Why not attack government critics more directly? Your brainwashed followers will be so fired up they’ll run them out of the country! And if someone you rant about online ends up dead, well, that’s one less problem we have to worry about.”

Issue by The Free Secular Federation of Nation of Quebec

Edited by Ransium
Last edited by Koem Kab on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm

:rofl:

Thanks, Koem. This must have been hard, as it seems to require a) soda sales, b) private industry, and c) picking a very particular option.
(at least, I assume so; could be totally wrong)

No clue if any names are random, but we'll cross that bridge some time in the future, I imagine. Or never. One of the two.

Many thanks! :D
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Fauxia finished updating as he
Civilian

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fauxia finished updating as he » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:30 pm

I’m assuming y’all know who I am :p

I got 548 on this nation, but didn’t get option 3. I think it’s for nations that already don’t have environmental regulation

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 pm

But option 3's about a female working to get more women jobs..? .-.

Koem Kab
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Koem Kab » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Jutsa wrote::rofl:

Thanks, Koem. This must have been hard, as it seems to require a) soda sales, b) private industry, and c) picking a very particular option.
(at least, I assume so; could be totally wrong)

No clue if any names are random, but we'll cross that bridge some time in the future, I imagine. Or never. One of the two.

Many thanks! :D

I got it on a communist nation without soda sales. Comes from picking Option 3 in issue 813

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Are there any way I can increase my issue writing capability? Why did I keep failing on writing issues?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Koem Kab wrote:I got 548 on this nation, but didn’t get option 3. I think it’s for nations that already don’t have environmental regulation
Wait, what?

But CEOs aren't a state-run industry thing... plus, no soda to sell? What is this madness? :P

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Are there any way I can increase my issue writing capability? Why did I keep failing on writing issues?
I think you're in the wrong thread, but to keep the answer short:

1) Practice. Possibly even trying to create something similar to existing issues, but the more you write, then usually the better you become.
Edit: (Incidentally, I basically ripped this advice out of almost every RP symposium I've attended. I think the same general idea applies.)

2) Because you're new! Heck, my first drafts sucked(coming back to NS, I removed pretty much all of my old ones from my list),
and my at-present only successful issue needed 3 entire rewrites with completely different and unrelated topics at hand. :rofl:

Keep writing, and I'm sure you'll get better at it. :)

Edit: Made a large booboo with the quotes. :rofl:
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Jutsa wrote:But option 3's about a female working to get more women jobs..? .-.
Whatever the capitalist one is. Is that option 2? Yes it is

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Fauxia wrote:Whatever the capitalist one is. Is that option 2? Yes it is

Ah, alrighty. Updated.

Arceus Domains
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arceus Domains » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi there! Here's a brand-new compilation of Issues-stuff! :lol:

MACROS

• #052 has a @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@ at option 2. While you're at it, please update the text for option 1, as the Mothers Promoting Purity section has been replaced with Parents Promoting Purity (not italicized, just in case).

• #193 has been reported with a @@RANDOMNAME@@ at option 1, but it seems to be a @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ (either that, or a fixed male name), given that option 4 refers to that name with a 'His'. You can check this out:
    1. “THIS IS BLASPHEMY!” shouts Tabitha Sisko, Grand High Poobah of the Order of Violet. “Our holy scriptures specifically forbid any portrayal of our prophet’s most holy voice. We cannot permit people to slander and mock our prophet and insult all of us. These people are simply doing this to see if we are extremists. Death to the blasphemers!”

(...)

4. “His Holiness, the Grand High Poobah of Violet, has the right idea, but the wrong religion,” says Lucina Neumann, the Prelate of Primary Public Relations for the fanatical organization @@NAME@@’s Concerned Citizens for Our God. “This nation needs an official religion, and not support the Godless heathens who worship the idolatrous Violet. Appoint me as your spiritual adviser and I’ll ensure that all people worship God in the correct way.”

• #369 would require a @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ macro at option 2. Unfortunately, I've only seen this Issue with nations that have IT as the major industry, so I can't confirm this at all.

• #731 has a fixed first name at last option. The full name should be Solomon @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@.

• #772 has a fixed name at description (Jerry Fallon). All other names are random and gender-neutral.

• #783 has a @@RANDOMFIRSTMALENAME@@ at description, all other names seem to be random and gender-neutral.

• #825 names are random and gender-neutral. Please fix the text for option 4, as it requires a @@HE@@ macro to work properly.

• #838 names are random, except for the 5th name, which is fixed. I've got Xu Poe, Chuck Wells, Ivanka de Vries, Milhouse Latham and Jamie Logan for options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, respectively. I think that first two names are gender-neutral, while the 3rd one is strictly female and the 4th is strictly male. I'll keep looking forward to confirm this.

MISSING OPTION(S) ALERT

• #175: Reported options are 1, 2 and 4. Missing one could be a no-prisons variant for option 2.

• #271: Reported options are 1, 3, 4 and 6. Missing ones could be no-prisons variants for options 1 and 4, respectively.

• #344: Reported options are 1, 2, 3 and 5. Missing one could be a communist variant for option 3.

• #385: Reported options are 1, 2, 3 and 5. Missing one could be a communist variant for option 3.

• #460: Reported options are 1, 2 and 4. Missing one could be a capitalist variant for option 2.

• #552: Reported options are 1, 3 and 4. Missing one would be a no-prisons variant for option 1.

• #699: Reported options are 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. Missing one could be a variant for option 2, given to nations without radio/TV(perhaps ads?).

NEW OPTIONS

• #031: Here is the communist variant for option 1:
    2. “Look, I know your nation doesn’t much like capitalists, but have you been to the beach lately? It’s disgusting,” says company spokesperson Yolanda Burke. “There’s litter, there’s teenagers smoking, and there are people enjoying themselves without paying for it. Let the private sector in on this, and @@NAME@@’s beaches will be the talk of the region! Yes, it means ending communism, but isn’t this the noblest of reasons to do so?”

(!)Both option 1 and 2 use random names, unless proven otherwise.

• #060: Here is the communist variant for option 1:
    2. Comrade Bob Chatwin, of the Worker’s Committee on Proletariat Loyalty, says, “I have too long sat by and watched the judiciary viciously undermining the righteous cause of the Workers and the Party that represents them. The judiciary has no right to interfere with Party business and I will adopt that position in all of my judgements.”

(!)Both option 1 and 2 use random names, unless proven otherwise. Please note that there is a missing option (4th), which could be either a variant for option 3 (having something to do with religion, and mutually exclusive with the 3rd option) or a variant for option 5 (for nations that have banned homosexuality, thus being mutually exclusive with the 5th -former 4th- option).

• #175: Here is the no-prisons variant for option 2:
    3. “I don’t agree with adultery either,” says Sean Connery, a passer-by. “But, uh... stoning? You don’t think that’s a little extreme? If we find someone guilty of fornication we can just send them to sex addict rehab, or whatever. That way no-one gets killed and we fix their personalities. It’s more expensive to the tax payers than a stoning of course, but I reckon it’s worth it.”

(!)Both option 2 and 3 use random names, unless proven otherwise.

• #293: Here is the communist variant for option 2:
    3. “These caterwauling miscreants don’t deserve concert halls,” insists Falala Dahl, a tone-deaf curmudgeon. “If they can’t support their decadent frivolities, then why should we, the Workers, prop them up? Concert halls are imperialist and elitist, and deserve to disappear. I say leave the whole lot to their inevitable demise.”

(!)Both option 2 and 3 use random names, unless proven otherwise.

• #599: Here is the communist variant for option 1:
    2. “That must be a big piece of garbage. There’s no way you’ll catch any fish in that dead water.” concludes Megan Woolf, State Director of National Oil. She jabs a finger at the open sea, adding, “This proves that it’s high time to give up on environmental regulation altogether. If you want to squeeze some more production from this pool of filth, abolish those obsolete pollution laws hindering my offshore oil rigs. There’s nothing left to protect, after all.”

(!)Both option 1 and 2 use random female names, unless proven otherwise.

• #630: Here is the communist variant for option 1:
    2. “Efficiency. Productivity. Produce. Those are the three F’s of the State Collective Farming Initiative,” says Director of Agricultural Cooperation Miles Morricone, “and if you wonder if you failed to spot the third F, it’s all about the noble worker! Yes, grant this land to the farming collectives and we will turn it into a model of efficiency! No central government investment, no taxpayer’s money wasted, just cultivation as far as the eye can see! New jobs will be created, and proud and noble farmers will toil in the fields, singing joyous anthems to the Motherland!”

(!)Both option 1 and 2 use random names, unless proven otherwise. Also, it comes to my attention that my communist puppet didn't get option 3 at all, so it could be a capitalist-only option.

VALIDITY CHECKS

• #580 needs a check for option 5, which could be for nations with Internet.

• #823 needs a check for option 2, I think that this option is given to nations with private industry.

• #829 has been received by a puppet in which I've recently picked #010 option 3. I'm reporting this because there was a "nation is at war" validity suggestion at drafting stage. I've seen a post in which CWA states that the team would work to do something about this, though I can't confirm it.

EXTRA

• Now, it comes to my attention that there are missing options for Issue #358. Reported ones are 1, 2, 4 and 6. I think the 3rd option is a communist-variant for option 4, while the 5th could be a variant for option 6, for nations that have banned abortion. Speaking of the communist-variant, I just got this text, but I didn't actually see the source code, so I can't remember if it really was the 3rd option:
    3? “I have a better idea,” says Beth Webster, a bitter and perpetually single minister. “How about we ban all forms of sexual conduct and have all newborns neutered? I know it’s radical, but people will calm down once they learn that we can create their perfect child. This is the way of the future - Design Your Own Citizens! The government can create a compliant population of Communist workers, rather than selfish capitalists and young women who always want to date rich businessmen rather than hard working ministers. Anyway... that’s a great deal @@LEADER@@, trust me.”

(!)The name for this option should be random and gender-neutral, which has yet to be confirmed.

• I'm not pretty sure about Issue #763. I have seen this Issue twice and just got options 1, 2 and 3. Please check the reported options, since there is a weird text after these options I've mentioned.

(!)EDIT: The weird text belongs to Issue #765, and you might want to fix the text for option 4, adding a @@HIS@@ macro to the final section (yes, the name is male and gender-neutral).

I have changed the format in which I usually present my compilations, for comprehension purposes (not to mention the length of my previous posts) :unsure: . As always, I hope this helps. Sorry if I missed anything, you can always ask for more details :)
Last edited by Arceus Domains on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Amazing work as always, Arceus Domains.

Arceus Domains wrote:#193 has been reported with a @@RANDOMNAME@@ at option 1, but it seems to be a @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ (either that, or a fixed male name), given that option 4 refers to that name with a 'His'. You can check this out:
1. “THIS IS BLASPHEMY!” shouts Tabitha Sisko, Grand High Poobah of the Order of Violet. “Our holy scriptures specifically forbid any portrayal of our prophet’s most holy voice. We cannot permit people to slander and mock our prophet and insult all of us. These people are simply doing this to see if we are extremists. Death to the blasphemers!”

(...)

4. “His Holiness, the Grand High Poobah of Violet, has the right idea, but the wrong religion,” says Lucina Neumann, the Prelate of Primary Public Relations for the fanatical organization @@NAME@@’s Concerned Citizens for Our God. “This nation needs an official religion, and not support the Godless heathens who worship the idolatrous Violet. Appoint me as your spiritual adviser and I’ll ensure that all people worship God in the correct way.”
You mean #196.

Isn't Tabitha a female name?

I'll report this in the "fix old issues" thread.

Arceus Domains wrote:#838 names are random, except for the 5th name, which is fixed. I've got Xu Poe, Chuck Wells, Ivanka de Vries, Milhouse Latham and Jamie Logan for options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, respectively. I think that first two names are gender-neutral, while the 3rd one is strictly female and the 4th is strictly male. I'll keep looking forward to confirm this.
I see no reason for option 4 to need to be male.

There's somewhat more reason for option 3 to be female, but it's still not absolutely guaranteed. There are men who care about women's rights. And men who like seeing strong female characters in fiction for other reasons, for that matter.

Arceus Domains wrote:#271: Reported options are 1, 3, 4 and 6. Missing ones could be no-prisons variants for options 1 and 4, respectively.
At least one of the missing options on #271 is for nations that have banned guns.

I've had trouble getting it, though - I seem to recall still getting the effect line for the with-guns version even on a nation without guns. Possibly it mistakenly uses the "banned guns for everyone including the government" flag, instead of the more logical "banned guns for civilians" flag, but I haven't been able to test it often enough to thoroughly confirm what's going on.

Arceus Domains wrote:#460: Reported options are 1, 2 and 4. Missing one could be a capitalist variant for option 2.
Also might be vegetarianism?

Arceus Domains wrote:#552: Reported options are 1, 3 and 4. Missing one would be a no-prisons variant for option 1.
This one has already been reported.

Arceus Domains wrote:#060: Here is the communist variant for option 1:
2. Comrade Bob Chatwin, of the Worker’s Committee on Proletariat Loyalty, says, “I have too long sat by and watched the judiciary viciously undermining the righteous cause of the Workers and the Party that represents them. The judiciary has no right to interfere with Party business and I will adopt that position in all of my judgements.”

(!)Both option 1 and 2 use random names, unless proven otherwise. Please note that there is a missing option (4th), which could be either a variant for option 3 (having something to do with religion, and mutually exclusive with the 3rd option) or a variant for option 5 (for nations that have banned homosexuality, thus being mutually exclusive with the 5th -former 4th- option).
Option 4 has already been reported. It's a secular-conservative alternative to the religious-conservative option (not sure if the validity is banning religion, or just having low Religiousness). I reported it here, along with a note that option 8 has a validity now.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Updated macros, except for a few notes:

2) 825: Whoops! Probably forgot that one... :blush:

3) Are you sure the names are totally random? I'm seriously wondering if there's not something else at play here,
since my version had Shakespeare and Hamlet(no clue if Barrow's well-known or not) for options 1 and 2 (Mozart for fourth, though that's probably a coincidence),
while yours has Poe and Wells, and this being an issue about comic books, I have to wonder a little bit.

Plus, there's the matter of what Trotterdam said, so I'm going to sorta wait on this one.

Edit: Updated everything in "new options"(getting to Trotterdam's) and added the first validity check. I personally think the sunbooth one is not limited to private industry,
but I'll update both of those if something comes up. Also, didn't do anything to 829 because it's past midnight and I'm having trouble understanding what to do here. :P

Edit: Added everything else. I added your 358 option as option 5, simply because the privatized version almost always comes before the state-run version.
Also, no idea how that happened @763&765. :lol:

Also, sorry about missing your update post, Trotterdam. :blush:
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Just got 838. Jamie Logan is the only name that’s fixed.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

What number is my issue?

It was just published.

It's called @@LEADER@@ and The Chocolate Factory.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Ok, updated.

When you get your issue, MMF(and I'm near certain it'll be the next one you get), you'll know which number it is. ;)

(Also, if you could copy/paste it here [not by picture] and confirm any set names, that'd be swell. :P)
Last edited by Jutsa on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Jutsa wrote:Ok, updated.

When you get your issue, MMF(and I'm near certain it'll be the next one you get), you'll know which number it is. ;)

(Also, if you could copy/paste it here [not by picture] and confirm any set names, that'd be swell. :P)

Already got it and stupidly hurried through it and answered.

It's number 842.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm

it's fine. :rofl:

Thanks for the heads up. :3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?