NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Australian Republic wrote:is widely recognised that Australians are significantly smarter than the world average. There have been calls for the government to make use of this national resource.

The Debate

“Science! Progress! A Better Tomorrow!” sprays frazzle-haired twenty-something geek Mario Weber, mouth half full of cold pizza. “We’re living in a changing economy, and the future lies in fuzzy logic and quantum computing. I’m not talking about a discrete quantity of computing... aha... ha... ah... Hmm, tough crowd. Anyway, the government should fund a Science Park to push forward the boundaries of technological thinking, and to shake up the status quo. It’s an investment in the industries of the future!”

“Clever is as clever does,” declares frazzle-haired thirty-something PhD student Selma Delauter smugly. “Governments and world leaders, you always want to monetise things, when actually intelligence and learning are their own reward. Instead, you should fund a Symposium Park, where ideas can be exchanged, poems can be written and minds can grow. No, there’s no money in it. It’s not all about money, you know.”

“Clever? There is no clever...” intones frazzle-haired forty-something philosopher Aphrodite Larson. “We are thinking too much about thinking and not enough about mindfulness. Give us some land to build a Meditation Park. Discourage this mad world-questioning and worship of intellect. Embrace introspection and spirituality, and grow our souls.”

Confirm Wait, no!

“So we’re an oh-so-clever nation, and now you want to build a national park celebrating that?” moans frazzle-haired fifty-something cattle breeder Ebenezer Sajak. “Give me a break! Help me out with setting up a Ranch Park where we can raise good quality cattle. IQ doesn’t fill bellies. Beef fills bellies.”

Issue by The Nuclear Shield Wall of Candlewhisper Archive

Edited by Candlewhisper Arc

803- Park that thought

Great, this issue just called practically all my citizens "frazzle-haired."

Time to fund some public hair-design salons.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Time to fund some public hair-design salons.

Totally read that wrong.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Time to fund some public hair-design salons.

Totally read that wrong.

:rofl:

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 am

Big Trouble In Little Dàguó

The Issue

The large, militaristic nation of Dàguó is currently in a dispute with the breakaway province of New Dàguó. As nations around the world begin to take sides, opposing ambassadors have arrived in your office to seek your support.

The Debate

“This ‘New Dàguó’ is nothing but a treasonous cartel of hoodlums and degenerates,” scowls Stephanie Kenobi, the ambassador from the Empire of Dàguó. “We are one of your most important trading partners, especially for your Tourism industry. We demand affirmation as the one true and legitimate government of Dàguó. Don’t believe the lies those criminals tell you - our Holy Emperor, long may he live, provides true prosperity and success to all of his citizens. Besides, we might just have to take military action against those who support the so-called New Dàguó - and you want to be on the correct side in this coming war, don’t you?”

Accept“We deserve recognition!” asserts Bella Richardson, the self-proclaimed ambassador from New Dàguó. “We are a democratic nation that holds free elections in our territory. Dàguó’s tyrannical regime was oppressing us, so we declared a revolution! Sure, they outnumber us ten to one, but if you send us weapons and support, we’ll become fully independent in no time! We’ll even pay you back after we figure out how to import enough food without Dàguó’s price controls.”

AcceptYour Minister of Foreign Affairs, Francisco Yossef, comes up to you and whispers in your ear. “Look, Steven Jot, we can’t afford to lose our trade with Dàguó - our Tourism industry would collapse! But we also shouldn’t turn a blind eye to Dàguó’s flagrant human rights abuses. How about we send a vaguely-worded statement saying that we support a peaceful solution to the conflict, and then just say that we supported the winning side all along? It’s a no-risk solution.”

AcceptLater, your seldom-seen Minister of Whispers appears behind you in what you thought was a deserted corridor. “We have an exceptional opportunity here, Your Excellency. It would be easy to discreetly sell weapons to both sides while remaining officially neutral. Our enemies in Dàguó will become increasingly unstable, while we profit from the situation. Some may call these actions unethical - but Australian Republic didn’t start this conflict. We’re just acting in the best interests of the realm, of course.”

Accept

Dismiss This Issue

Issue by The Allied Provinces of Laeral

Edited by Pogaria

NationStates by Max Barry, author of     
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Big Trouble In Little Dàguó

The Issue

The large, militaristic nation of Dàguó is currently in a dispute with the breakaway province of New Dàguó. As nations around the world begin to take sides, opposing ambassadors have arrived in your office to seek your support.

The Debate

“This ‘New Dàguó’ is nothing but a treasonous cartel of hoodlums and degenerates,” scowls Stephanie Kenobi, the ambassador from the Empire of Dàguó. “We are one of your most important trading partners, especially for your Tourism industry. We demand affirmation as the one true and legitimate government of Dàguó. Don’t believe the lies those criminals tell you - our Holy Emperor, long may he live, provides true prosperity and success to all of his citizens. Besides, we might just have to take military action against those who support the so-called New Dàguó - and you want to be on the correct side in this coming war, don’t you?”

Accept“We deserve recognition!” asserts Bella Richardson, the self-proclaimed ambassador from New Dàguó. “We are a democratic nation that holds free elections in our territory. Dàguó’s tyrannical regime was oppressing us, so we declared a revolution! Sure, they outnumber us ten to one, but if you send us weapons and support, we’ll become fully independent in no time! We’ll even pay you back after we figure out how to import enough food without Dàguó’s price controls.”

AcceptYour Minister of Foreign Affairs, Francisco Yossef, comes up to you and whispers in your ear. “Look, Steven Jot, we can’t afford to lose our trade with Dàguó - our Tourism industry would collapse! But we also shouldn’t turn a blind eye to Dàguó’s flagrant human rights abuses. How about we send a vaguely-worded statement saying that we support a peaceful solution to the conflict, and then just say that we supported the winning side all along? It’s a no-risk solution.”

AcceptLater, your seldom-seen Minister of Whispers appears behind you in what you thought was a deserted corridor. “We have an exceptional opportunity here, Your Excellency. It would be easy to discreetly sell weapons to both sides while remaining officially neutral. Our enemies in Dàguó will become increasingly unstable, while we profit from the situation. Some may call these actions unethical - but Australian Republic didn’t start this conflict. We’re just acting in the best interests of the realm, of course.”

Accept

Dismiss This Issue

Issue by The Allied Provinces of Laeral

Edited by Pogaria

NationStates by Max Barry, author of     
I wonder if a nation that met with Daguo can receive that
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 pm

I got #804 with the troll being a man.

This must be why none of the speakers have names - it allows the macros to continue to be used throughout (at least as far as the second option, since I don't see any in the third option).

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:29 am

Issue #813: A Little Birdie Told Me

The Issue

The Supreme Leader of Blackacre, Valaria Drake, threatened to “make it rain fire and fury all over Frieden-und Freudenland” via his Twitcher account. A horde of security experts have surrounded you to discuss the precautions that must be taken.

The Debate

1. “We cannot underestimate the danger!” asserts your Minister of Defense, carefully putting her Castles & Cockatrices figurines on your desk with a rather creepy smile. “A threat is a threat, be it declared via a twitch or at a fancy press conference with all the bells and whistles. We must respond accordingly, by preemptively positioning battleships within bombardment range of their major cities. If they don’t back down, we’ll wipe them off the map! That’ll teach them what a rain of fire looks like.” She chuckles as she knocks over a miniature effigy of Supreme Leader Drake with a wyvern.

2. “Aren’t we taking this man’s Twitcher rants a bit too seriously?” questions your Ambassador to Blackacre, without showing any effort to disguise her boredom. “I mean, this guy basically twitches all the time about xenophobic conspiracy theories or rants about his dissidents. You should not reinforce this nonsense by giving him the attention he craves. Ignore him, and hopefully he’ll learn to govern his country like an adult.”

3. “If you let him get away with this insult, our people will start to question your competence as a leader!” clamours Michael Douglas, your Public Relations Adviser, as he scrolls down on his phone to read Drake’s vitriolic twitches. “What we should do is to set up an official Twitcher account for you. This way you can counter this man’s attacks with his own weapon. An eye for an eye. You can also use this account to polish up your public image, of course. Your ministers could get in on this too.”

Issue by Frieden-und Freudenland

Edited by Nation of Quebec

Hmm. I am just surprised that Valaria is supposed to be a man's name according to the pronouns used here.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 am

I think there was a mess up here. I suggested the name Valeria Drake to NoQ, with the intention that it should have been a female character.

Will raise it back in the editing room.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I think there was a mess up here. I suggested the name Valeria Drake to NoQ, with the intention that it should have been a female character.

Some sort of 'Mother of Dragons'?

^_^
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Koem Kab
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Koem Kab » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 am

Armed and Unready

The Issue

A small countryside skirmish against a score of bandit militiamen ended in a complete catastrophe, despite the deployment of two dozen Alpha Centourian battle tanks and one hundred and fifty infantrymen. The Alpha Centourian conscripts proved to be no match for their well-trained and motivated enemies. Unsurprisingly, the perceived quality of the nation’s soldiers has come under heavy fire.

The Debate

1.“Hang on, which end is it that we point at the bad guys?” asks clueless Private Mistletoe, haplessly staring down the barrel of an assault rifle in genuine confusion. “I give up! Look here, Leader, I’m just not cut out to be a soldier, neither is anyone else in my unit. You have millions of men who couldn’t hit the side of a barn with a battle tank main gun, even if the tank was parked in the barn! Couldn’t you let us prove our pride in our glorious nation by doing some good instead, like tending to the elderly, cleaning up the streets or peeling potatoes?”

2.“Our military isn’t what it was in the good old days,” comments retired Drill Sergeant Sullivan. “You should revisit basic drill and training. Concentrate on the fundamentals, like disciplined formation marching to the beat of a drum, standing up straight, keeping your uniform shiny, and having abuse shouted in your left ear.”

3.“As always, technology has the answer!” announces computer programmer Ludwig Cage, pausing halfway through level 242 of Call of Honor to talk to you. “With the latest targeting computers in our military equipment, even a child couldn’t miss! An interlaced augmented reality overlay and combat AI could tell soldiers in real time squad and enemy locations, ranges, wind speed, optimal weapon selection, tactical movements, inspirational morale boosting messages.... It’s modern warfare!”

4.“I think your approach is already correct,” wheedles Samus Hicks, your sycophantic aide-de-camp. “In fact, the only issue we have is that we don’t conscript enough soldiers! With greater numbers, victory would be assured. For starters, I’m sure the elderly and the disabled would be proud to serve our great nation.”

5.“Or you could go back to having a volunteer army,” mutters Aldo Pavlov, hand-cuffed deserter and sole survivor of the recent massacre. “Look, I didn’t want to be a soldier anyway. I wanted to be... a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of... of... Anyway, ditch the draft.”

Arceus Domains
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

811 - Get Baked

Postby Arceus Domains » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Issue #811: Get Baked

The Issue

While strolling through the annual bake sale at your niece’s school, you couldn’t help but overhear a heated argument between two of the mothers at a nearby snickerdoodle-and-cupcake display.

The Debate

1. “@@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@, I don’t care how much kale you put into those cupcakes; we just shouldn’t be feeding this much sugar to children,” lectures one gaunt-looking mother, waving a carrot in exasperation. She catches a glimpse of you out of the corner of her eye and turns to you. “@@LEADER@@! You must regulate all junk food going to our children at school! If we need a fundraiser, we can sell fruits and vegetables instead of this high-calorie, low energy bull-”.

2. “Oh my, @@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@, you must watch your mouth! There are children in here!” complains her dumpling-shaped counterpart, hip-bumping her way to a centre-stage position in the conversation and sending the previous speaker flying into a tower of rice cereal treats. “You can’t get rid of this sugary goodness! These kids love it. If anything, we need MORE sugar, and some help for businesses that provide the sweet treats that bring so much happiness. Who cares if people are gaining weight? That’s just evolution.”

3. “Evolution? That’s what this is about?” interjects @@RANDOMNAME@@, local Violetist and busybody, showing up from behind a display of savoury doughnuts in the shape of a Violetist religious symbol. “The Holy Purple Passages state that ‘Sweetness Is Not Virtue, and You Shall Not Consume the Fruit of the Cane.’ Maybe that’s not exactly correct, but you get my point! Ban desserts entirely!”

4. “AAAAAAAAAAARGH!” screams your niece, causing everyone to suddenly turn to her. “Thank you! Who cares what kids eat? It should be our choice alone if we want to eat cookies and candy all the time, not yours! Give children the choice to put whatever food we want in our bodies, it’s the only way!”

Note: I think that option 3 is only given to religious nations (as I didn't get it on my main -top 10% for most secular-, but on a puppet with high levels of Religiousness).

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Wait, a nation named after Arceus, God of the Pokemon universe, isn't religious?

I bet it's all the evolution.

More pertinently, I wonder what's up with #812. I haven't seen it yet. Nevermind, there it is.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Koem Kab wrote:Armed and Unready

Author and editor, please? Or are we keeping them hidden out of sight like we used to do with the first 31 issues?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Koem Kab wrote:Armed and Unready

Author and editor, please? Or are we keeping them hidden out of sight like we used to do with the first 31 issues?

Chan Island and me.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:47 am

I didn't put one of these up here? I got one of them that i'm
pretty sure hasn't been done, check later
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Arceus Domains
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arceus Domains » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 am

Trotterdam wrote:Wait, a nation named after Arceus, God of the Pokemon universe, isn't religious?

I bet it's all the evolution.

Indeed the name honors Arceus. However, the State is strictly secular and shows no religious preferences, nor tendency to favor any particular religion, since the diversity in this nation is incredibly vast.. :)

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Has 807 been posted? I got it

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:15 pm

I can confirm that Valaria is now Valeria, and is, in fact, a she now.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:08 am

Jutsa wrote:I can confirm that Valaria is now Valeria, and is, in fact, a she now.

Great news!

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:
Jutsa wrote:I can confirm that Valaria is now Valeria, and is, in fact, a she now.

Great news!

Bad news is that she's shacking up with John Snowman, the President in the North of Brancaland.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:54 am

And I hear they're related, ew..

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 am

Fleshing out the NS characters I see. Juicy. ;)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am

Option 3 on #811 is ineligible for some nations. Dunno why.

Maybe banning Violetists? I don't think that nation had done that, unless #058 4's "reeducate them" counts.

Arceus Domains wrote:Indeed the name honors Arceus. However, the State is strictly secular and shows no religious preferences, nor tendency to favor any particular religion, since the diversity in this nation is incredibly vast.. :)
Well, you do have 18 types and 171 possible type combinations (not counting mirror images, but counting ones that have never yet been used) :)

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Hope neither of these issues have been posted yet,
Title: Have War Crimes, Will Travel

The Issue

A small disputed strip of land in your sphere of influence has been in a state of civil war for decades. @@NAME@@ has been approached by the international community to hold the first round of peace talks. Unfortunately Colonel Doris Kent, the self-styled revolutionary in charge of the Popular Freedom Fighters with multiple warrants for war crimes against her, will have to be issued a safe conduct pass to attend the talks without fear of arrest.

The Debate

1. “The Popular Freedom Fighters are a disgusting group!” yells Jacob Rifkin, a grief-stricken refugee.”They killed my father, razed our village, and ruined my stamp collection! I say you invite their jerk of a leader into @@NAME@@, then you have your police arrest the monster! It’s the only way justice can be served.”

2. “You can’t seriously be considering this!” exclaims overworked diplomat Naki Zahm. “We’ve been working for years to bring peace to this region. This individual may have blood on their hands, but so do the other sixteen sides in this war. A sudden power vacuum will just prolong the hostilities! We have a real chance of securing a lasting peace here, surely that’s worth overlooking a couple of mass murders?”

3. “This really is a bind,” muses your trusted advisor Wally Fallon. “If we arrest them on our soil, we will forever be known as people who breach our safe conduct passes. If we let him go, we will let a wanted war criminal slip through our fingers. The solution is plain: refuse to hold the talks. I’m sure they can figure it out without us looking over their shoulder.”

4. “We want this warlord gone, but don’t want to look bad because of it,” whispers agent Cobblepot from behind an oversized potted plant. “Give this individual safe conduct, let them do their thing and if some kind of terrible accident were to befall our dear friend... how could you possibly have known that ceiling beam was going to fall on his head?”

Issue by Chan Island
Edited by Caracasus

Quick note on that one: Colonel Kent is called both "he" and "she"

The next one I think is a tree from one issue. I don't think Drasnia has it (the original) yet though...
Title: Armed and Unready

The Issue

A small countryside skirmish against a score of bandit militiamen ended in a complete catastrophe, despite the deployment of two dozen @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ battle tanks and one hundred and fifty infantrymen. The @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ conscripts proved to be no match for their well-trained and motivated enemies. Unsurprisingly, the perceived quality of the nation’s soldiers has come under heavy fire.

The Debate

1. “Hang on, which end is it that we point at the bad guys?” asks clueless Private Lopez, haplessly staring down the barrel of an assault rifle in genuine confusion. “I give up! Look here, @@LEADER@@, I’m just not cut out to be a soldier, neither is anyone else in my unit. You have millions of men who couldn’t hit the side of a barn with a battle tank main gun, even if the tank was parked in the barn! Couldn’t you let us prove our pride in our glorious nation by doing some good instead, like tending to the elderly, cleaning up the streets or peeling potatoes?”

2. "Our military isn’t what it was in the good old days,” comments retired Drill Sergeant Shore. “You should revisit basic drill and training. Concentrate on the fundamentals, like disciplined formation marching to the beat of a drum, standing up straight, keeping your uniform shiny, and having abuse shouted in your left ear.”

3. “I think your approach is already correct,” wheedles Yasmin Barrow, your sycophantic aide-de-camp. “In fact, the only issue we have is that we don’t conscript enough soldiers! With greater numbers, victory would be assured. For starters, I’m sure the elderly and the disabled would be proud to serve our great nation.”

4. “Or you could go back to having a volunteer army,” mutters Basil Green, hand-cuffed deserter and sole survivor of the recent massacre. “Look, I didn’t want to be a soldier anyway. I wanted to be... a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of... of... Anyway, ditch the draft.”

Issue by Chan Island
Edited by Candlewhisper Archive
Last edited by Fauxia on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

And 811...

Postby Maljaratas » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Get Baked
The Issue

While strolling through the annual bake sale at your niece’s school, you couldn’t help but overhear a heated argument between two of the mothers at a nearby snickerdoodle-and-cupcake display.
The Debate

“Finlay, I don’t care how much kale you put into those cupcakes; we just shouldn’t be feeding this much sugar to children,” lectures one gaunt-looking mother, waving a carrot in exasperation. She catches a glimpse of you out of the corner of her eye and turns to you. “Nick Fabian! You must regulate all junk food going to our children at school! If we need a fundraiser, we can sell fruits and vegetables instead of this high-calorie, low energy bull-“

“Oh my, Vanna, you must watch your mouth! There are children in here!” complains her dumpling-shaped counterpart, hip-bumping her way to a centre-stage position in the conversation and sending the previous speaker flying into a tower of rice cereal treats. “You can’t get rid of this sugary goodness! These kids love it. If anything, we need MORE sugar, and some help for businesses that provide the sweet treats that bring so much happiness. Who cares if people are gaining weight? That’s just evolution.”

“Evolution? That’s what this is about?” interjects Lara, local Violetist and busybody, showing up from behind a display of savoury doughnuts in the shape of a Violetist religious symbol. “The Holy Purple Passages state that ‘Sweetness Is Not Virtue, and You Shall Not Consume the Fruit of the Cane.’ Maybe that’s not exactly correct, but you get my point! Ban desserts entirely!”

“AAAAAAAAAAARGH!” screams your niece, causing everyone to suddenly turn to her. “Thank you! Who cares what kids eat? It should be our choice alone if we want to eat cookies and candy all the time, not yours! Give children the choice to put whatever food we want in our bodies, it’s the only way!”

Issue by The Blue Queendom of White Girls Metropolis

Edited by Candlewhisper Archive

I checked, these are the only options unless there's a fifth I don't qualify for.
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?