NATION

PASSWORD

What to Choose... Oh Lord...

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kamoneschia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

What to Choose... Oh Lord...

Postby Kamoneschia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:19 pm

I recently got the issue "Need For Speed" (see below) and I am prepared to adopt option one. Though I am having doubts...

Need For Speed?
The Issue

After watching the movie 'The Fast and the Belligerent', boyracers from all over Kamoneschia have been petitioning for the abolition of speed limits.
The Debate

1. "Today's cars are safer at high speeds than ever before," argues Peggy Christmas, editor of Sports Car Monthly. "And long-distance commuters are tired of spending hours on the road just to get to the next city. Abolishing the speed limit would be great for the economy too! People would be more likely to go out and buy cars if they thought they'd be able to use them properly. It seems like such a shame to be puttering along at the speed limit in a magnificent car like the 450HP twin-turbo Violet turaco SX/T-7700 you know."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

2. "Are you crazy?" cries Pip Hamilton, a road-accident victim. "We need lower speed limits on automobiles, not higher. You might as well enforce mandatory blindfolds on the road too, it'll come to the same conclusion! People's lives are at stake here! If people were made to drive at, say, no faster than fifty kilometres per hour, I would feel a lot happier walking the streets. Besides, if it takes a long time to get places via car then people might begin using mass transit for once."

3. "I think the current speed limits are fine, but we need better enforcement," says Jack Washington, the most feared traffic warden in Kamoneschia. "If we required GPS tracking devices in all vehicles, we'd ticket every single speeder, no problem. In addition, we could monitor the movements of criminals and other suspicious individuals, and vastly reduce the risk of crime, terrorism, and other subversive activity. Some say that's an invasion of privacy, but if you've done nothing wrong what's there to fear?"

I am prepared to adopt position 1, as I would like to help my economy... but does anyone know any side effects that may come with it... (Government size? Taxes? Etc.)

Thanks for any help... It is hard to help one area without effecting another... :)

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: What to Choose... Oh Lord...

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:39 pm

That's the one I always choose. I don't know what the stat changes are.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Reijvajik
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reijvajik » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:29 am

Nothing happened to me. All you get, I think, is a thing that says "...remarkable for its unlimited speed roads" every now and then.
The Grand World Order wrote:NSD has perhaps the largest case of unwarranted self importance NS has ever seen.

The Greater Republic of Reijvajik.
Where the lambs are friendly and people frolick freely in the lush, green grass.

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:24 pm

I don't like any of the options so I dismiss it.

Option 1 is bad for public safety and probably leads to more accidents.

Option 2 slows down traffic which I think hurts the economy.

Option 3 hurts civil rights since it promotes government surveillance which violates people's right to privacy.

Cerberii
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerberii » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:55 am

Id go with the third.

Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocco » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 am

Cerberii, your signature is gigantic! Please edit it down to at most eight lines.

Cerberii
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerberii » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:09 am

Sirocco wrote:Cerberii, your signature is gigantic! Please edit it down to at most eight lines.

Sorry, I TGed you about it.

Divinus Fides
Attaché

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divinus Fides » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:18 am

I don't know about NS but in RL areas of the America with no speed limits actually have less accidents.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?