NATION

PASSWORD

Typo with issue #111: Demands Semi-Autonomy

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Barzan
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Typo with issue #111: Demands Semi-Autonomy

Postby Barzan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:12 pm

#111: Southern @@NAME@@ Demands Semi-Autonomy [Ceroo; ed:Sirocco]

The Issue
Politicians from a distant and obscure part of @@NAME@@ have been calling for the government to split @@NAME@@ into various semi-autonomous regions, each with an elected council to govern their designated area.

The Debate

1. [...]

2. "Councils? Are you mad?" gasps political commentator, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Most of the politicians we already have earn very large sums each year - and you want to employ even more?! We must not listen to the whims of some dangerous separatist movement, next they'll be wanting independence! I suggest we keep the government in one place where we can keep an eye on it and stop creating more jobs for over-paid politicians. Heck, why not trim off the ones we don't need while we're at it and give some leeway to the tax payers? Anyway, if we allowed places like West @@NAME@@ to make decisions for themselves, they would soon be introducing laws allowing them to marry their cousins or something - you know what they're like..."

[...]

Shouldn't the geographic descriptors both be the same? Or is it intentional that south and west are both there? I thought that South @@NAME@@ was the region in question.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Return to Got Issues?