NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] War Never Changes

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

[Draft] War Never Changes

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:36 am

[title] War Never Changes

[desc] Whilst negotiating a landmark trade deal with the small yet wealthy nation of Nanonesia, a country that @@NAME@@ had declared war on hundreds of years ago, it has been revealed via recently unearthed documents that no formal declaration of peace was signed in spite of the years of de facto peace.

[validity] not an autarky

[option] "Well, that's embarrassing." blushes the Nanonesian ambassador as @@HE@@ hastily fishes for a piece of paper in his bag. "But we have no time to waste. Let's just formalise the current state of affairs and get it done and over with. Let me just quickly write... hereby declares the state of war between The Republic of Nanoseia... and... the @@TYPE@@ of @@NAME@@... to be over! That should be good enough. I just need your signature so we can get back to discussing the intricate details of these celery tariffs." @@HE@@ grins and passes you a messy napkin scrawled with unreadable handwriting.

[effect] @@LEADER@@ agrees to the terms and conditions of peace treaties without even reading them

[option] "Hold it right there!" exclaims your Minister of Administrative Affairs, as he snatches the napkin from the ambassador's hands and tucks it neatly into his breast pocket. He then heaves a dusty filing cabinet drawer with a 'Beware of the @@ANIMAL@@' sticker onto your desk. "Take a look at all this stuff I dug up relating to this war. We can't just let bygones be bygones so easily, there's so many other things we need to iron out before we can proceed with formal peace. Check out this territorial dispute over this island... which sank into the ocean. And this island... which now belongs to Macronesia. But, you get my point right? Weeks, perhaps months of complex negotations and the perusal of ancient documents must be carried out before we can even think about ending this war, let alone starting trade!"

[effect] a century of peace is usually followed by a millenium of peace negotiations

[option] "You're telling me that a nation we're at WAR with are trying to trick us into sending them loads of our resources through this trade deal? They really have a nerve!" growls your hawkish and slightly paranoid Minister of Defence. "A war is a war, no matter which century it was declared. Call off all this heinous diplomacy stuff until the Nanonesians' unconditional surrender. Until then, construct bunkers across all of @@NAME@@ in preparation for an all-out attack. It's better to be safe than sorry."

[effect] the nation has always been at war with Nanonesia
Last edited by West Barack and East Obama on Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Democratic Poopland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Democratic Poopland » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:22 pm

West Barack and East Obama wrote:
[title] War Never Changes

[desc] Whilst negotiating a landmark trade deal with the small yet wealthy nation of Nanonesia, recently unearthed documents revealed that @@NAME@@ declared war on them hundreds of years ago. As no formal peace declaration was signed in spite of the years of de facto peace, the two nations are currently warring with one another.

[validity] not an autarky

[option] "Well, that's embarrassing." blushes the Nanonesian ambassador as @@HE@@ hastily fishes for a piece of paper in his bag. "But we have no time to waste. Let's just formalise the current state of affairs and get it done and over with. Let me just quickly write... hereby declares the state of war between The Republic of Nanoseia... and... the @@TYPE@@ of @@NAME@@... to be over! That should be good enough. I just need your signature so we can get back to discussing the intricate details of these celery tariffs." @@HE@@ grins and passes you a messy napkin scrawled with unreadable handwriting.

[effect] @@LEADER@@ agrees to the terms and conditions of peace treaties without even reading them

[option] "Hold it right there!" exclaims your Minister of Administrative Affairs, as he snatches the napkin from the ambassador's hands and tucks it neatly into his breast pocket. He then heaves a dusty filing cabinet drawer with a 'Beware of the @@ANIMAL@@' sticker onto your desk. "Take a look at all this stuff I dug up relating to this war. We can't just let bygones be bygones so easily, there's so many other things we need to iron out before we can proceed with formal peace. Check out this territorial dispute over this island... which sank into the ocean. And this island... which now belongs to Macronesia. But, you get my point right? Weeks, perhaps months of complex negotations and the perusal of ancient documents must be carried out before we can even think about ending this war, let alone starting trade!"

[effect] a century of peace is usually followed by a millenium of peace negotiations

[option] "You're telling me that a nation we're at WAR with are trying to trick us into sending them loads of money through this trade deal? They really have a nerve!" growls your hawkish and slightly paranoid Minister of Defence. "A war is a war, no matter which century it was declared. Call off all this heinous diplomacy stuff until the Nanonesians' unconditional surrender. Until then, construct bunkers across all of @@NAME@@ in preparation for an all-out attack. It's better to be safe than sorry."

[effect] the nation has always been at war with Nanonesia

Overall, good!
Protests in Klūben. | Mind-control documents leaked. | PSS 12345
Moderation links. (I'm not a moderator.) | Governor of The Poopian Bloc. | He/they. | aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:42 pm

Option 1 doesn't need the @@HE@@ macro, as there's no @@RANDOMNAME@@ for it to link to. Other than that, looks good.
Commonwealth of the Pacific Haven
"For the Pacific People"

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:24 pm

Pacific Haven wrote:Option 1 doesn't need the @@HE@@ macro, as there's no @@RANDOMNAME@@ for it to link to. Other than that, looks good.

Sure, but there's no reason to hardcode the gender of the first speaker, so the @@HE@@ allows it to be represent both a male and a female even without a @@RANDOMNAME@@.
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Pacific Haven wrote:Option 1 doesn't need the @@HE@@ macro, as there's no @@RANDOMNAME@@ for it to link to. Other than that, looks good.

Sure, but there's no reason to hardcode the gender of the first speaker, so the @@HE@@ allows it to be represent both a male and a female even without a @@RANDOMNAME@@.

Ah, I thought it had to link to a @@RANDOMNAME@@, mechanically. If that's not the case, then I have no problem with it.
Commonwealth of the Pacific Haven
"For the Pacific People"

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:34 pm

Does there need to be a formal peace declaration for there to be peace, though?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:04 am

Deleted
Last edited by Bendicion on Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Queroquestan
Attaché

Founded: Jun 12, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Queroquestan » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:33 am

1. I don't understand a thing. When a @@NAME@@ country is at war with another country, why would @@NAME@@ country or that other country make a trade agreement with each other?

2. If there has been enmity with Nanonesia for decades and it is at war, then why is this trade agreement happening? They should negotiate over diplomacy, over defence.

3. Were the leaders of the nation @@NAME@@ really present in this trade negotiation? If that had happened, Nanonesian supporters would have killed him by then.

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:12 am

Queroquestan wrote:1. I don't understand a thing. When a @@NAME@@ country is at war with another country, why would @@NAME@@ country or that other country make a trade agreement with each other?

2. If there has been enmity with Nanonesia for decades and it is at war, then why is this trade agreement happening? They should negotiate over diplomacy, over defence.

3. Were the leaders of the nation @@NAME@@ really present in this trade negotiation? If that had happened, Nanonesian supporters would have killed him by then.

The answer to all of these: because there's no de facto state of war or hostility between the two nations, war was declared many years ago and the two nations simply forgot to formally end it. But now that this has been revealed, people believe that negotiations shouldn't happen (speaker 2) or are even wary of being attacked by the Nanonesian (speaker 3), as you mentioned.

Australian rePublic wrote:Does there need to be a formal peace declaration for there to be peace, though?

If you don't believe the issue is an issue, dismiss and move on. There will still be the de facto peace just as there was for hundreds of years.
Last edited by West Barack and East Obama on Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:38 am

Queroquestan wrote:1. I don't understand a thing. When a @@NAME@@ country is at war with another country, why would @@NAME@@ country or that other country make a trade agreement with each other?

The answer to all of these: because there's no de facto state of war or hostility between the two nations, war was declared many years ago and the two nations simply forgot to formally end it. But now that this has been revealed, people believe that negotiations shouldn't happen (speaker 2) or are even wary of being attacked by the Nanonesian (speaker 3), as you mentioned.

Australian rePublic wrote:Does there need to be a formal peace declaration for there to be peace, though?

If you don't believe the issue is an issue, dismiss and move on. There will still be the de facto peace just as there was for hundreds of years.

I don't never said that I don't believe that this is a good issue. I asked a question
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:48 am

Australian rePublic wrote:

I don't never said that I don't believe that this is a good issue. I asked a question

I'm just saying that if the leaders position is that a declaration isn't needed for peace, then it's business as usual and no action needs to be taken. If the leader feels like something should be done, then they can choose one of the 3 options.
Last edited by West Barack and East Obama on Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:01 am

Bump
Sonnel is the place.

██████████