NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Naes Trump Grades

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Founded: Aug 08, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Draft] Naes Trump Grades

Postby Dauchh Palki » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:19 am

Title: Naes Trump Grades

Validity: All

Premise:
The tumultuous administration of superintendent @@RANDOMNAME@@ over the nation's 3rd largest school district was supposed to end with @@HIS@@ termination via a district board vote; legal woes surrounding the meeting have forced the board to re-instate the superintendent, generating immense backlash, and bringing light to the debate around the education system's bureaucracy.

Option 1: "THIS is why we can't have nice things!" Screams concerned mother, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, huddling her daughter, Katyelaughn, as she flails her hands and pretends to cry. "That evil @@MAN@@ is harming our children's futures, all over some-," she pauses "... petty legal jargon" She mutters, shedding tears. "Leader, lock this @@MAN@@ up for the sake of violet, and make the superintendent position elected, by parents; Afterall, we know what's best for our children." She wipes her eyes with your handkerchief.

(Effect: local school boards fill positions based on who has the fewest tears in the salt jar. )

Option 2: The official in question presents himself with a tattered shirt and a paper. "I am dedicated to advancing the academi-" he stutters as his eyes wander across the page. "Academic achievement of our children, ... and" A cough is heard in the background. "and" "and the termination of my contract by the school board was unlawful, and unprofessional." His eyes gyrate "It's imperative to the success of our district that my contract is kept; as to not set a horrible precedent that removes a key pillar of our trust and co-operation."

(Effect: Every never-ending leadership failure has a good motivational speech behind it. )

Option 3: Your minister for the Department of Creative Solutions runs to your desk; Before you can ask any questions he shushes you, "This is a great opportunity!" He excitedly announces. "These teacher-higher up dramas are going to be the star of national television, thousands of citizens will tune in to Superintendent Evil vs the Helpless Teachers And we can even have it so the viewers can vote on the outcome of board meetings!" He nudges your shoulder "We might have to duct-tape a few of the parents mouths, but the involvement of our citizens with the education system will surely lead to better outcomes for all."

(Effect: Education funding increasingly goes to slime-blasting the principal. )

Option 4: "This has been humiliating and unproductive" Complains your zealously nerdy niece "Hmmm, just like school board meetings" She deducts, pacing back and forth "Yes, we need to do away with these school boards and selfish officials, Afterall, your genius mind is enough to determine education policy for the entire nation."

(Effect: Every student in the desert regions of @@NAME@@ knows how to build a snowman. )

All Options are valid for all nations

This is based off the drama surrounding Superintendent Jesus Jara of the Clark County School district in Nevada, the United States :)

This is the first serious issue I'm writing, please hit me with all of your criticism and suggestions, if you even think such a premise is a good idea

Have a good day :kiss:

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:32 am

I think the premise is a bit overcomplicated in the attempt to mirror the real life situation you're referencing. It would be simpler if it just explained that Superintendent X of this school district became embroiled in some major controversy (specify this btw! Your issue doesn't say why this man deserves to go, whether it's plain old incompetence or a sex scandal), but dome archaic rules prevent the district board vote from removing him until the next election in a few years or something, leading to the current conflict.

Also, currently, by keeping the Superintendent's contract/the status quo, Option 2 does nothing. Maybe something additional like advocating for it to be a life post? After all, stability in the office would be "the best for the children".
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:34 am

Definitely will do that for option 2

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:19 am

I thought that "Naes Trump Grades" was supposed to be an accent-based play on words. I worked out after a few minutes that the comedic effect applies regardless of your accent, though. You may want to get a new title.

Dauchh Palki wrote:Definitely will do that for option 2

If you'll let me hammer further on WBEO's point: does this absolutely need to completely copy IRL? Simply because a vote to remove an IRL school board member in the IRL third-largest school district in your country faced IRL legal issues and had to have an IRL do-over does not mean that your issue has to be about a vote to remove a school board member in @@NAME@@'s third-largest school district facing legal issues and needing a do-over.

At the very least, do consider that school districts are a North American concept. In the UK, schools are run by governors (either for the individual school or, at best, in a non-geographic Multi Academy Trust); the idea of elected school boards in councils/local authorities is totally alien and superintendents do not exist. There are probably other systems in other nations.

I'll leave other comments on your issue when you revamp it. For now, I'll ask what crimes the mother in Option 1 suspects Superintendent Randomname of.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:17 am

:p Corruption with the board

I think I'd either change that comment to "Who knows how much dark money is behind this decision?" (since she is very accusatory and scared)

or remove it all together

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:55 am

Title: Naes Trump Grades

Premise:
@@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ has become infamous for @@HIS@@ tumultuous administration presiding over nearly a hundred schools in @@NAME@@ City. Following failing report after failing report, the Department of Education attempted to terminate the @@MAN@@'s position, but contracts signed with local school officials have made this legally impossible. The events have shined light on the complex Educational bureaucracy in @@NAME@@, and the discussion has waltzed into your office.

Option 1: "THIS is why we can't have nice things!" Screams concerned mother, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, huddling her daughter, Katyelaughn, as she flails her hands and pretends to cry. "That evil @@MAN@@ is harming our children's futures, all over some-," she pauses "... petty legal jargon" She mutters, shedding tears. "Leader, t terminate this @@MAN@@ for the sake of violet, and designate school positions elected by parents; Afterall, we know what's best for our children." She wipes her eyes with your handkerchief.

(Effect: local schools fill administrative positions based on who has the fewest tears in the salt jar. )

Option 2: The official in question presents himself with a tattered shirt and a paper. "I am dedicated to advancing the academi-" he stutters as his eyes wander across the page. "Academic achievement of our children, ... and" A cough is heard in the background. "and" "and the termination of my contract by the Department of Education was unlawful, and unprofessional." His eyes gyrate "It's imperative to the success of our system that my contract is kept... and expanded to reign over the entire @@CAPITAL@@ area; Afterall, stability in these positions will foster our trust and co-operation, allowing us to be better educators." He grins, laying paperwork in front of you.

(Effect: Every never-ending leadership failure has a good motivational speech behind it. )

Option 3: Your minister for the Department of Creative Solutions runs to your desk; Before you can ask any questions he shushes you, "This is a great opportunity!" He excitedly announces. "These teacher-higher up dramas are going to be the star of national television, thousands of citizens will tune in to Principal Evil vs the Helpless Teachers and we can even have it so the viewers can vote on the outcome of board meetings!" He nudges your shoulder "We might have to duct-tape a few of the parents mouths, but the involvement of our citizens with the education system will surely lead to better outcomes for all."

Option 4: "This has been humiliating and unproductive" Complains your zealously nerdy niece "Hmmm, just like school board meetings" She deducts, pacing back and forth "Yes, we need to do away with these trivial ideas of school localities and secretaries of education, Afterall... your genius mind is enough to determine education policy for the entire nation."

(Effect: Every student in the desert regions of @@NAME@@ knows how to build a snowman. )

This is the second draft, I am considering keeping it like this where it has been changed from Superintendent to someone who is principal of multiple schools via some signed contracts

I am thinking either this or I will make it so the issue is invalid for nations without devolution

Well, there would be a third option, maybe making it so this issue designates school boards and whatnot if not done in any previous issues, maybe a new national policy

localized education? (Administrative Sub-divisions have their own curriculums and education officials)
Thanks for reading
Last edited by Dauchh Palki on Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thal Dorthat
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thal Dorthat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:57 am

Dauchh Palki wrote:Title: Naes Trump Grades

Premise:
@@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ has become infamous for @@HIS@@ tumultuous administration presiding over nearly a hundred schools in @@NAME@@ City. Following failing report after failing report, the Department of Education attempted to terminate the @@MAN@@'s position, but contracts signed with local school officials have made this legally impossible. The events have shined light on the complex Educational bureaucracy in @@NAME@@, and the discussion has waltzed into your office.

Option 1: "THIS is why we can't have nice things!" Screams concerned mother, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, huddling her daughter, Katyelaughn, as she flails her hands and pretends to cry. "That evil @@MAN@@ is harming our children's futures, all over some-," she pauses "... petty legal jargon" She mutters, shedding tears. "Leader, t terminate this @@MAN@@ for the sake of violet, and designate school positions elected by parents; Afterall, we know what's best for our children." She wipes her eyes with your handkerchief.

(Effect: local schools fill administrative positions based on who has the fewest tears in the salt jar. )

Option 2: The official in question presents himself with a tattered shirt and a paper. "I am dedicated to advancing the academi-" he stutters as his eyes wander across the page. "Academic achievement of our children, ... and" A cough is heard in the background. "and" "and the termination of my contract by the Department of Education was unlawful, and unprofessional." His eyes gyrate "It's imperative to the success of our system that my contract is kept... and expanded to reign over the entire @@CAPITAL@@ area; Afterall, stability in these positions will foster our trust and co-operation, allowing us to be better educators." He grins, laying paperwork in front of you.

Option 3: Your minister for the Department of Creative Solutions runs to your desk; Before you can ask any questions he shushes you, "This is a great opportunity!" He excitedly announces. "These teacher-higher up dramas are going to be the star of national television, thousands of citizens will tune in to Principal Evil vs the Helpless Teachers and we can even have it so the viewers can vote on the outcome of board meetings!" He nudges your shoulder "We might have to duct-tape a few of the parents mouths, but the involvement of our citizens with the education system will surely lead to better outcomes for all."

Option 4: "This has been humiliating and unproductive" Complains your zealously nerdy niece "Hmmm, just like school board meetings" She deducts, pacing back and forth "Yes, we need to do away with these trivial ideas of school localities and secretaries of education, Afterall... your genius mind is enough to determine education policy for the entire nation."

This is the second draft, I am considering keeping it like this where it has been changed from Superintendent to someone who is principal of multiple schools via some signed contracts

I am thinking either this or I will make it so the issue is invalid for nations without devolution

Well, there would be a third option, maybe making it so this issue designates school boards and whatnot if not done in any previous issues, maybe a new national policy

localized education? (Administrative Sub-divisions have their own curriculums and education officials)
Thanks for reading

1. Just use @@RANDOMNAME@@, especially considering that you have @@MAN@@ up.
2. Maybe use @@CAPITAL@@ instead of @@NAME@@ CIty? IDK.
3. Why hard-code the child's name? You can use @@RANDOMFIRSTNAME@@ or @@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEFEMALE@@/@@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@. I'd also suggest doing @@RANDOMNAME@@ for the parent, too, with "huddling @@HIS@@ daughter." instead of "huddling her daughter" and hardcoding gender like that.
4. You may want to work on refining the options and punctuation so that they aren't being intersected 3 or more times.
5. I guess the issue requires we have a US-style education layout. Oh well.
6. May also want to work on the title, I guess. IDK.
Last edited by Thal Dorthat on Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
THAL DORTHAT

Check out ConlangFest!
Grand Master of The Crimson Crusaders, assassin of the Brotherhood of Malice, and intercessor & cavailer of Astoria and the Astorian Radiant Cavalry.
Defenders say they are "still here." Despite this, I have only seen defenders under my microscope.
Anti-Monarchy, Social Democratic, and Astronomy Lover. Enjoys Star Trek.
Currently changing lore, check back soon.

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:57 pm

1, I would, but I dont know if the Macros translate from the Premise to the option
2, Will do
3, Its supposed to be a joke about parents choosing weird overly complex variations of popular children's names (https://time.com/5654198/lakynn-meme/)
5, Is the change from the first draft sufficient?
6, I've been struggIing to think of ideas for this

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:31 am

This seems to me like a very-USA centric issue. School districts don't exist in many countries, and a cursory glance of school districts seems to show that only a handful of countries actually have an equivalent. In Australia, for example, schools are run and overseen by the state. In Greece, schools are run by the national government and overseen by the local government, rather than any specifically designed school district. Also, even in the most democratic of democracies, the position of superintendent (or equivalent) is not usually elected but appointented, and with good reason, can you imagine the people some incompetent half-wit or extremist religious nut to be in charge of their childrens' education? ESPECIALLY with such a decentralised system. (Not that the NSW government is better at appointing people, but that's a different story). And school districts don't really make sense in the first place, as education is something that should be run with a strong, centralised authority. Imagine one part of a state or country recieving a completely different education to every other part of state or country, but that's a different story
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:48 am

Also, what the fuck is "Naes?" Google tells me that it's an electricity organisation, a car mechanical organisation, or an Old English word meaning "nothingness". I don't see what any of those have to do with schools
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Thal Dorthat
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thal Dorthat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:36 am

Dauchh Palki wrote:1, I would, but I dont know if the Macros translate from the Premise to the option
2, Will do
3, Its supposed to be a joke about parents choosing weird overly complex variations of popular children's names (https://time.com/5654198/lakynn-meme/)

1. Do @@MAN1@@ and @@RANDOMNAME1@@. They don't stick so you'll want to do that.
3. I doubt most people will get the joke, but carry on I guess
5. It's still a heavy US-centered issue, but oh well.
6. Maybe something like "Irremovable Intendents Inciting Irritation"? or something. Alliteration helps in titles.
THAL DORTHAT

Check out ConlangFest!
Grand Master of The Crimson Crusaders, assassin of the Brotherhood of Malice, and intercessor & cavailer of Astoria and the Astorian Radiant Cavalry.
Defenders say they are "still here." Despite this, I have only seen defenders under my microscope.
Anti-Monarchy, Social Democratic, and Astronomy Lover. Enjoys Star Trek.
Currently changing lore, check back soon.

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:23 am

Australian rePublic wrote:This seems to me like a very-USA centric issue. School districts don't exist in many countries, and a cursory glance of school districts seems to show that only a handful of countries actually have an equivalent. In Australia, for example, schools are run and overseen by the state. In Greece, schools are run by the national government and overseen by the local government, rather than any specifically designed school district. Also, even in the most democratic of democracies, the position of superintendent (or equivalent) is not usually elected but appointented, and with good reason, can you imagine the people some incompetent half-wit or extremist religious nut to be in charge of their childrens' education? ESPECIALLY with such a decentralised system. (Not that the NSW government is better at appointing people, but that's a different story). And school districts don't really make sense in the first place, as education is something that should be run with a strong, centralised authority. Imagine one part of a state or country recieving a completely different education to every other part of state or country, but that's a different story

The Premise is starting to change from reflecting the irl incident, and more becoming an excuse for the government to get the "educational bureaucracy" in order

The Idea in the US is that some states have different needs than other states, and as a result should have a different curriculum to prioritize the needs of the state specifically
so Floridian schools may offer more advanced and detailed curriculums surrounding aerospace, astronomy, and hospitality
(JFK Space Center, large tourism industry)

Californian schools may prioritize curriculum on computers, information technology, and animation/editing
(Silicon valley and hollywood)

In Idaho it might be agriculture
But anyways, back to the issue

The first Idea makes school administration positions elected by parents

The second Idea designates school districts

The third idea turns it into a TV show

The fourth idea makes you control everything (relatively speaking) So you are the one who sets local curriculum, fires and hires people without opposition, etc

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:31 am

The issue assumes your educational administration is a total mess

The fourth option seems to be the only one which changes the top-level administration, while the others offer ways to sort local administration

So I don't know if that's an issue

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:38 pm

Dauchh Palki wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:This seems to me like a very-USA centric issue. School districts don't exist in many countries, and a cursory glance of school districts seems to show that only a handful of countries actually have an equivalent. In Australia, for example, schools are run and overseen by the state. In Greece, schools are run by the national government and overseen by the local government, rather than any specifically designed school district. Also, even in the most democratic of democracies, the position of superintendent (or equivalent) is not usually elected but appointented, and with good reason, can you imagine the people some incompetent half-wit or extremist religious nut to be in charge of their childrens' education? ESPECIALLY with such a decentralised system. (Not that the NSW government is better at appointing people, but that's a different story). And school districts don't really make sense in the first place, as education is something that should be run with a strong, centralised authority. Imagine one part of a state or country recieving a completely different education to every other part of state or country, but that's a different story

The Premise is starting to change from reflecting the irl incident, and more becoming an excuse for the government to get the "educational bureaucracy" in order

The Idea in the US is that some states have different needs than other states, and as a result should have a different curriculum to prioritize the needs of the state specifically
so Floridian schools may offer more advanced and detailed curriculums surrounding aerospace, astronomy, and hospitality
(JFK Space Center, large tourism industry)

Californian schools may prioritize curriculum on computers, information technology, and animation/editing
(Silicon valley and hollywood)

In Idaho it might be agriculture
But anyways, back to the issue

The first Idea makes school administration positions elected by parents

The second Idea designates school districts

The third idea turns it into a TV show

The fourth idea makes you control everything (relatively speaking) So you are the one who sets local curriculum, fires and hires people without opposition, etc

I can understand different states having different curricula, but beyond that, there's no need one level down from that. Anyway, back to the issue

Yes, that's a good idea. Except instead of different ideas, they should be different options, also, leader wouldn't choose educators, the education department would. Also, you still haven't explained what Naes is
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:33 pm

bad plural play on "Nay", supposed to be for the first draft of the issue

That goes into the bin

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:39 pm

Thal Dorthat wrote:
Dauchh Palki wrote:1, I would, but I dont know if the Macros translate from the Premise to the option
2, Will do

1. Do @@MAN1@@ and @@RANDOMNAME1@@. They don't stick so you'll want to do that.
3. I doubt most people will get the joke, but carry on I guess
5. It's still a heavy US-centered issue, but oh well.
6. Maybe something like "Irremovable Intendents Inciting Irritation"? or something. Alliteration helps in titles.

In regards to "@@MAN1@@" How would I use (sorry, I can't find it in the list of Macros)

So for the Premise I'd replace "@@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@" with "@@RANDOMNAME1@@"

Then for the second option it'd be "@@HIS1@@" ?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:38 pm

Dauchh Palki wrote:bad plural play on "Nay", supposed to be for the first draft of the issue

That goes into the bin

Why is it spelt with an "e"?

Dauchh Palki
Secretary

Postby Dauchh Palki » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Dauchh Palki wrote:bad plural play on "Nay", supposed to be for the first draft of the issue

That goes into the bin

Why is it spelt with an "e"?

:unsure: Y e s

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:23 am

Dauchh Palki wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Why is it spelt with an "e"?

:unsure: Y e s

If you were to spell as "Nays", it would make sense

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?