NATION

PASSWORD

(Draft) Cult Of Peanuts Strikes Again

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Snoopy Wallpaper
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2023
Ex-Nation

(Draft) Cult Of Peanuts Strikes Again

Postby Snoopy Wallpaper » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:03 am

Title: Cult Of Peanuts Strikes Again
Talking Point:
In the high woodlands of @RANDOMNAMENATION@, a cult known as the Cult Of Peanuts, fanatics for peanuts, have been committing mass sacrifice for their god known as the Peanut God. People from the Woodlands have come to your office demanding you to do something about it.
Option 1: "These crazy wackos are harming this nations!", Said @RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@."To crack down on these wackos, fund police and send lots of them to the Woodlands and shoot those people. It pays to crack down."
Result: Police are beating anybody to "Cleanse the cultists."
Option 2: "These people are individuals too!" Says @RANDOMNAMEMALE@."We should encourage this cult because freedom of religion is a thing, right? So encourage it!"
Result: The leading cause of death is ritual sacrifice.
Option 3: "Let's mix both of the aforementioned options." Said @RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@, one of your top advisors."Let's put more funding into police, but allow religious liberty in this nation. It'll be worth it!"
Result:Police ignore infamous cult members and give them the peace sign.
(P.s. this is my first issue proposal.)
Last edited by Snoopy Wallpaper on Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not a furry I swear.
A great quote: "I am not afraid of a army of lions led by a sheep, I'm afraid of a army of sheep led by a lion."- Alexander The Great
Summerposter definition https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1940484
I actually like the Peanuts series.
Member of the CSL, and the ASP.
Snoopy's National News:Man arrested for stealing a ice cream machine from a McDonald's. Just another reminder of our motto, it is "Snoopy says Never Lose Your Hope!"

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:41 am

Firstly and most importantly, there's no random nation macro. This would presumably be happening in your nation, or in a named NPC nation like Daguo or the United Federation.

Secondly, no submitting issues until you're 250 million population or older. I'm not the one who does the game mechanics, sorry!

But thirdly, this is... interesting. Yes, we already have an issue on religious human sacrifice which, like this, is a generic allow/ban dilemma. But the Cult of Peanuts idea is prima facie cool! You could twist the idea of CoP members being utterly addicted to peanuts into something else! Something like this:
[title]Nut Safe For Work
[desc]A group of residents in Little Snoopia, a village in the @@DEMONYM@@ highlands known for its peanut harvests, recently beat the owner of the village shop to death after he refused to sell them all the peanuts they had. The Highlands Police have said that all of the villagers under investigation are members of the Cult of Peanuts, a regional religious sect which worships the Peanut God and goes on regular fasts where they only eat peanuts.
[validity]must not have Theocracy or Atheism. Co-author: Tinhampton.

[option]"I've had people threaten me with death for not serving them literally kilograms of peanuts!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, who works as a bartender in the village's only pub. "I've talked to a few hospitality managers from elsewhere in the highlands - some of which are a two-day journey away from Little Snoopia - and they're complaining that peanut worshippers are flooding their businesses just to deplete their peanut stocks. It is not right that self-described cultists feel entitled to enter private property, grab all the peanuts, plead their religion and cause havoc when they're told other people want to have peanuts too. Please, @@LEADER@@, ban the Cult of Peanuts with due haste and enforce strict anti-harassment rules so we never have to put up with anyone like them again!"
[effect]anybody who looks at a shelf stacker the wrong way is remanded in custody

[option]"My fellow believers had no intention of ever killing that poor soul," insists @@RANDOMNAME@@, a local Peanutite awaiting trial for separate charges of operating a tractor while drowsy. "They had no peanuts, they aren't from farming families, and they wanted to get some so they wouldn't starve during the peanut fast required of us. As it is written in the Annals of Hypogaea, 'no man shall suffer shall he give or receive the Peanut in sufficent supply.' We should give my brothers in faith amnesty, do a root-and-branch clearout of the Highlands Police, and boost peanut production so there's enough for everyone who needs them. If any of those libertarian softies from the Coffee Cabal complains, we can put them to work in the peanut farms and see how they like it."
[effect]the law only applies if you can't think of a religious teaching to justify your crime
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson

Return to Got Issues?