NATION

PASSWORD

[SCRAPPED] A Fishing Mess

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
0cala
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

[SCRAPPED] A Fishing Mess

Postby 0cala » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:00 pm

The problem of illegal fishing has been on the rise since the recent catch of an illegal manatee which is extremely endangered in the area, the fisherman was not arrested for the catch.

[option 1] "This is just unimaginably horrible for the future of the Eco-system and Fishermen, now Fishermen will continue to catch these endangered species and the Eco-system will fail in no time!" says Biologist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "The Government should make strict limitations to fishing in our rivers, lakes, and ocean coastline!". "In fact, many other catches have not been reported and some that have actually inspired others to catch these endangered species!".

[Effect 1] the Fishing industry is said to decline over time.

[Option 2] "We should be able to catch anything we want! I've been homeless all my life, fishing is the only thing that pays my bills, taxes, and my food!" says random homeless man @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Limiting Fishing regulations would cancel the whole Industry and make millions homeless just like me, so please my dearest leader don't limit the fishing industry!"

[Effect 2] the Fishing industry has 10 times more catches than ever.
Last edited by 0cala on Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Transgender ~<3
oooooo oooooo

0cala
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby 0cala » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 pm

Waiting for Tinhampton to reply

Proud Transgender ~<3
oooooo oooooo

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:19 am

Is your issue about whether to restrict fishers from catching endangered species or about whether to allow fishing at all? And, if the former, why are you giving off the impression that endangered fish constitutes a huge proportion of all catches?

Why are endangered fish believed to be vital to the @@DEMONYM@@ "ecosystem?" What harms would result without them?

Why was "the fisherman... not arrested for the catch" if he caught an "illegal manatee?"
Last edited by Tinhampton on Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

0cala
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby 0cala » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:45 am

Tinhampton wrote:Is your issue about whether to restrict fishers from catching endangered species or about whether to allow fishing at all? And, if the former, why are you giving off the impression that endangered fish constitutes a huge proportion of all catches?

Why are endangered fish believed to be vital to the @@DEMONYM@@ "ecosystem?" What harms would result without them?

Why was "the fisherman... not arrested for the catch" if he caught an "illegal manatee?"

its about restricting to catch endangered species

Proud Transgender ~<3
oooooo oooooo

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:53 am

What bills would a homeless person have? And if he's able to pay bills with the fish, that means he's selling them, which means he's technically employed. If he's still homeless despite being employed, then that's another issue in and of itself
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?